Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > why oreck is special

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

why oreck is special
Original Message   Jul 20, 2010 11:19 pm
In addition to vacuums to support Susan G. Kolman, Oreck offers special editions for fans of major college sports fans. 

For fans of LSU, the University of Tennessee, U of Georgia, Texas A&M, Ole Miss Rebels, Ohio State Buckeyes, and University of florida, Oreck offers special edition vacuums with team name.  Sorry out of luck if your a fan of another school.  Although I'm sure Oreck would try to accommodate other requests.

http://www.oreck.com/Special-Edition-Vacuum-Cleaners

Oreck is a marketing genius.    Oreck is special because their vacuums are assembled in the US.  Oreck is also special in that they are committed to service after the sale, with a strong network of company stores. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Venson

Re: why oreck is special
Reply #1   Jul 21, 2010 6:57 am
Hi Severus,

Electrolux did something similar back in the 70s by getting itself named the U.S. Olyimpics' vacuum.  I forget the year but recall that I wondered for a good while whether the actual machine would be used in place of toboggans or ridden down ski slopes.

I agree, Oreck is iindeed a smart organization.  They have won public trust and know how to keep the public engaged.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #2   Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm
Severus wrote:
In addition to vacuums to support Susan G. Kolman, Oreck offers special editions for fans of major college sports fans. 

For fans of LSU, the University of Tennessee, U of Georgia, Texas A&M, Ole Miss Rebels, Ohio State Buckeyes, and University of florida, Oreck offers special edition vacuums with team name.  Sorry out of luck if your a fan of another school.  Although I'm sure Oreck would try to accommodate other requests.

http://www.oreck.com/Special-Edition-Vacuum-Cleaners

Oreck is a marketing genius.    Oreck is special because their vacuums are assembled in the US.  Oreck is also special in that they are committed to service after the sale, with a strong network of company stores. 

ORECK takes the risk out of consumers' purchases of ORECK vacuums.  Before, during, and after the purchase.  Consumers appreciate knowing that there is no risk if they are not completely satisfied with the purchase.  Just return it with no questions asked at no personal expense.  No other maker of vacuums in the world today provides that risk free assurance to vacuum buyers.  None.  That's special.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #3   Jul 21, 2010 8:56 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Severus,

Electrolux did something similar back in the 70s by getting itself named the U.S. Olyimpics' vacuum.  I forget the year but recall that I wondered for a good while whether the actual machine would be used in place of toboggans or ridden down ski slopes.

I agree, Oreck is iindeed a smart organization.  They have won public trust and know how to keep the public engaged.

Venson

Hi Venson,

The year was 1980 the official vacuum of the 1980 winter games in lake placid NY.There are many of these machines still around.I really like rebuilding these machines.

Maybe ORECK could have a model named for the special olympics.

If this comes to life i would want my cut of the action.Dave are you listening........

MOLE
Venson

Reply #4   Jul 22, 2010 10:51 am
mole wrote:
Hi Venson,

The year was 1980 the official vacuum of the 1980 winter games in lake placid NY.There are many of these machines still around.I really like rebuilding these machines.

Maybe ORECK could have a model named for the special olympics.

If this comes to life i would want my cut of the action.Dave are you listening........

MOLE

Thanks MOLE.

Venson

procare

Reply #5   Jul 22, 2010 12:45 pm
Venson,

The name you should have thought of was the Olympia One. The first ones came off the line with the Olympic Design for the Lake Placid Winter Olympics on the cleaner.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #6   Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm
procare wrote:
Venson,

The name you should have thought of was the Olympia One. The first ones came off the line with the Olympic Design for the Lake Placid Winter Olympics on the cleaner.

Procare

The Olympia One came to mind too.  My niece has one and it's still going strong save a few minor repairs I've performed from time to time.  Almost 30 years old now and she won't part with it.  Tho, I must admit the ORECK specialty models look pretty spiffy.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 22, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #7   Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm
procare wrote:
Venson,

Procare

Procare, thank you too.  I have a great memory regarding vacuum cleaners but I seem to have lost something in the process regarding dates.

Best,

Venson

procare

Reply #8   Jul 22, 2010 11:26 pm
Venson,

The Olympia One was introduced and sales started in the April 1979 Drive Month. We (Electrolux) gave to the Olympic Comittee for the U.S. $5 for every sale we made up to the Olympics. Each peson also recieved the souveneir pin that had the Olympic Seal of the Games for Lake Placid on it.

Procare

P.S.  We were Sponsors for Mario Andretti and son Michael in Indy Cars and Michael in Indy Lights. Michael ran the Electrolux/Kraco 99.

When Electrolux quit sponsoring  - Dirt Devil came in for a couple of years. This was in the 1980's. I will inform you the years as soon as I look in my press releases.

Venson

Reply #9   Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am
procare wrote:
Venson,

The Olympia One was introduced and sales started in the April 1979 Drive Month. We (Electrolux) gave to the Olympic Comittee for the U.S. $5 for every sale we made up to the Olympics. Each peson also recieved the souveneir pin that had the Olympic Seal of the Games for Lake Placid on it.

Procare

P.S.  We were Sponsors for Mario Andretti and son Michael in Indy Cars and Michael in Indy Lights. Michael ran the Electrolux/Kraco 99.

When Electrolux quit sponsoring  - Dirt Devil came in for a couple of years. This was in the 1980's. I will inform you the years as soon as I look in my press releases.

Hi Procare,

Wow!  That info's quite informative.

Thanks much,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42