Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson Digital Slim

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson Digital Slim
Original Message   Jul 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Here's the details of a trademark that Dyson has filed for a to-be-launched project, the 'Digital Slim':-

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find/t-find-number?detailsrequested=C&trademark=2552353

As usual, the trademark covers a multitude of product categories. Personally, I'd reckon the most likely candidate is a 'slim' upright vacuum, with a 'digital' motor. Dyson have used the 'slim' name before - on the DC18. The upright range has long been missing a product with digital motor. I would also be good if by slim, they mean as thin in profile as the DC03 - which could be hung on the wall and take up next to no space inside a storeage cupboard:-

The major downside was it's small, weedy motor. But if replaced with a similar model using a digital motor, it wouldn't have that same issue.

This message was modified Jul 19, 2010 by M00seUK
Replies: 1 - 56 of 56View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson Digital Slim
Reply #1   Jul 19, 2010 9:23 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Here's the details of a trademark that Dyson has filed for a to-be-launched project, the 'Digital Slim':-

As usual, the trademark covers a multitude of product categories. Personally, I'd reckon the most likely candidate is a 'slim' upright vacuum, with a 'digital' motor. Dyson have used the 'slim' name before - on the DC18. The upright range has long been missing a product with digital motor. I would also be good if by slim, they mean as thin in profile as the DC03 - which could be hung on the wall and take up next to no space inside a storeage cupboard:-

The major downside was it's small, weedy motor. But if replaced with a similar model using a digital motor, it wouldn't have that same issue.

Background info on DC03 which was a UK product that never made it to the USA:

Dyson DC03 Reviews

Dyson DC03
2.8 stars
Average rating for this product is: 2.8 out of 5

From 29 ratings and 29 reviews

Read reviews: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews679.html

Thumb up 52% of users recommend this product

Doesn't appear from these individual reviews and summary of their overall ratings to have been a success.  Quite the contrary.  Rather fair to middlin at not quite a 60 percent consumer approval rating.  At least based on this group analyses.  From reading the reviews, in summary I note the salient points as the DC03 is [according to posters] "ludicrously expensive"; "prone to breakage of wand/handle," and unlikely to last more than "3.5 years."   

Not impressive in video either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0BoYrbJoc4

Maybe the DDM if ever fitted to dyson's DC03 will serve to revive it.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 20, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #2   Jul 20, 2010 8:00 am
M00seUK wrote:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find/t-find-number?detailsrequested=C&trademark=2552353

That would not be my first thought.  More likely a stick/broom.  Possibly even cordless if dyson can improve battery operation/time.  Price will be the factor despite dyson's penchant for overpricing products.  Sticks/brooms like handhelds are not very expensive in today's vacuum market.  Overpricing based on unknown/unseen benefits of DDM may turn alot of potential buyers off to dyson products that use the DDM.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #3   Jul 20, 2010 9:25 am
And what market is dyson trying to target with this machine?

Is the ddm reliable?

how can dyson justify the extra cost over a machine thats half the price and does the same cleaning?

I just dont get their philosophy in this economic enviroment.

MOLE

vacmanuk

Reply #4   Jul 20, 2010 10:02 am
mole wrote:

Is the ddm reliable?

how can dyson justify the extra cost over a machine thats half the price and does the same cleaning?

MOLE

Oh god no, not the DC03 again! I had three of them and each time it was either the motor or the filtration system that let it down. This was in the days when I was open to British engineering and design. I loved the DC03's weight and often thought it would have made a good rival to Sebo's Felix or a smaller compact upright.

Dyson will continue to price their products as per their design format. Replacing motors with the DDM isn't such a bad policy and up until now Dyson have always commanded a premium price. I for one would welcome a budget bargain Dyson, particularly in light of Vax's Mach series other than the "Air" model which is lighter than Dyson's DC25, Dyson must know that there's a market for a cheaper Dyson given the success of Vax's Mach series.
M00seUK

Reply #5   Jul 20, 2010 10:43 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Oh god no, not the DC03 again! I had three of them and each time it was either the motor or the filtration system that let it down. This was in the days when I was open to British engineering and design. I loved the DC03's weight and often thought it would have made a good rival to Sebo's Felix or a smaller compact upright.

Dyson will continue to price their products as per their design format. Replacing motors with the DDM isn't such a bad policy and up until now Dyson have always commanded a premium price. I for one would welcome a budget bargain Dyson, particularly in light of Vax's Mach series other than the "Air" model which is lighter than Dyson's DC25, Dyson must know that there's a market for a cheaper Dyson given the success of Vax's Mach series.

Hi Vacmanuk, interesting comments. When I first brought a Dyson cleaner, I was offered the choice of the DC03 or DC04. I went with the DC04 as it was more traditional looking (for a Dyson) and the clear bin was bigger. I don't have any direct experience with the DC03, but it certainly sounds like many people suffered problems, back in the day. The review Carmine quotes from mentions problems with wand / handle - this is the same part used on the DC04 and I too had this issue - although it was quickly replaced by Dyson for a new, improved, part.

I can't personally see Dyson going down the 'budget bargain' pricing, as least on the current watch. 'More affordable' - yes, but price themselves too low and they'd risk diluting their status as an aspirational, high-end brand.

The DDM has typically been reported as being more noisey that a standard motor. If this product *does* use a digital motor (seems likely), I wonder it it would be the full size (as used in the AirBlade) or the smaller version (as used in the handhelds).
M00seUK

Reply #6   Jul 20, 2010 10:47 am
CarmineD wrote:
That would not be my first thought.  More likely a stick/broom.  Possibly even cordless if dyson can improve battery operation/time.  Price will be the factor despite dyson's penchant for overpricing products.  Sticks/brooms like handhelds are not very expensive in today's vacuum market.  Overpricing based on unknown/unseen benefits of DDM may turn alot of potential buyers off to dyson products that use the DDM.

Carmine D.

You're right - it could even have a format that's more like a stick vac and / or cordless - they certainly have the knowledge to do this, if there's a good case. Using the DDM would increase the performance and decrease the effective weight. There needs to be a good reason for the product, if it's undoubtly priced above the competition.
CarmineD

Reply #7   Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk, interesting comments. When I first brought a Dyson cleaner, I was offered the choice of the DC03 or DC04. I went with the DC04 as it was more traditional looking (for a Dyson) and the clear bin was bigger. I don't have any direct experience with the DC03, but it certainly sounds like many people suffered problems, back in the day. The review Carmine quotes from mentions problems with wand / handle - this is the same part used on the DC04 and I too had this issue - although it was quickly replaced by Dyson for a new, improved, part.

I can't personally see Dyson going down the 'budget bargain' pricing, as least on the current watch. 'More affordable' - yes, but price themselves too low and they'd risk diluting their status as an aspirational, high-end brand.

The DDM has typically been reported as being more noisey that a standard motor. If this product *does* use a digital motor (seems likely), I wonder it it would be the full size (as used in the AirBlade) or the smaller version (as used in the handhelds).

Of the 29 DC03 reviews, 8 [eight] specifically say the handle/wand broke.  6 [six] reviews [seperate from the 8] call into the question the product integrity, feel of plasticity, durability, cracks in plastic and question the longevity of DC03 useful life.  In a group of 29 reviews there is no doubt bias imputed by the users and buyers.  So I included ONE review NOT included in either of these 2 other categories which is from a dyson call center worker.  [Interestingly the dyson worker says dyson DC03 is more reliable than DC07].  One might argue that the worker has an ax to grind.  That's possible.  Nonetheless, the dyson worker's review and at least 14 others are all in sync. I've quoted the dyson worker's review verbatim here

Carmine D.

Overall Rating

2 stars

• Value for money
    2 stars

I work for dyson in the call center. We get thousands of calls a week. The main fault with the Dyson dc03 vacuum cleaner is that the clutches may go and the handle can snap. Also there is a big problem with the power cables failing (although dyson would never admit this). All in all more reliable than the dco7 but not as reliable as the dc04.

I posted this link above and included here again.  All 29 reviews for DC03 are here:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews679.html

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #8   Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm
M00seUK wrote:

Dyson will not fail if it provides cheaper pricing. They are not a company in my mind who provide premium built products; they have always prided themselves in engineering and design. Their products could be a lot better made if "premium" was really at the top of their requirements.
CarmineD

Reply #9   Jul 20, 2010 6:27 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Dyson will not fail if it provides cheaper pricing. They are not a company in my mind who provide premium built products; they have always prided themselves in engineering and design. Their products could be a lot better made if "premium" was really at the top of their requirements.

I second your view vacmanuk.  All companies, regardless of their products, understand they have to reduce prices from MSRP and offer sales/incentives to be competitive and maintain/increase sales year over year.  Similarly, they have to offer a range of products and prices to meet the budgets and requirements of all users/buyers.  To the extent that their budget/more affordable models are product worthy performers for the prices, they build future brand loyalty for their higher priced models and even other same brand products.  Using this broad pricing approach to brand/product sales grows the brand name, increases the company/brand customer base, and conceivably maintains and even increases sales over time.  Allowing the company to be competitive and profitable over the long haul.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Jul 21, 2010 7:24 am
mole wrote:

Is the ddm reliable?

MOLE

HI MOLE:

It's all about marketing.  Sir James has successfully altered [some] peoples' thinking when it comes to vacuum purchases.  He's made people buy vacuums at premium prices to products based on emotions rather than practicality.  He took a page from Steve Jobs and apple.  How's that working out for Jobs, apple and the iPhone4? 

Carmine D.

Hertz

Reply #11   Jul 21, 2010 10:40 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HI MOLE:

It's all about marketing.  Sir James has successfully altered [some] peoples' thinking when it comes to vacuum purchases.  He's made people buy vacuums at premium prices to products based on emotions rather than practicality.  He took a page from Steve Jobs and apple.  How's that working out for Jobs, apple and the iPhone4? 

Carmine D.

My 8 year + old mac is still being supported and running w/o any viruses thus a FAR more quality and intelligent purchase than any Windows machine. It's working out great. You don't have to upgrade even as 1/3 as often as a windows machine, and yet it's still FAR more efficient and better designed/stable, reliable, and secure. Similar to Dyson; the point is lest cost to the user, easier to use design, and great performance. Yes, they're premium priced, but worth it if you want better quality (besides Kirby and such).
This message was modified Jul 21, 2010 by Hertz
CarmineD

Reply #12   Jul 22, 2010 6:44 am
Hertz wrote:
My 8 year + old mac is still being supported and running w/o any viruses thus a FAR more quality and intelligent purchase than any Windows machine. It's working out great. You don't have to upgrade even as 1/3 as often as a windows machine, and yet it's still FAR more efficient and better designed/stable, reliable, and secure. Similar to Dyson; the point is lest cost to the user, easier to use design, and great performance. Yes, they're premium priced, but worth it if you want better quality (besides Kirby and such).

I'm sorry I'm confused by tour statement.  Are you saying you have an 8 year old dyson DC03 that is still running as good as new?  Or just saying it could because apples do? 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #13   Jul 22, 2010 10:47 pm
Hertz wrote:

Ugh. Dont compare an Apple to a Dyson. You have no idea.

Dyson reliability is below par in the UK even if Dyson would have his customers think differently. Less cost to the user isn't quite right when the "Brush Control" models break their belts and a call out charge has to be paid for EVEN if under guarantee. I know that - Ive paid for it! Easier design? How can it be easier to clean under low furniture when the bin gets in the way? Or if the ball gets in the way? How can it be easy to clean with a hose that is permanently attached to a bent handle? Then there's the useless Bacteria Plus filters - total rubbish - dust forms on the rubber seals that barely keep the paper pleated cone filter in and cost replacements are more expensive than Sebo or Miele filters.  Yes, Dysons are certainly premium priced but they're not as well built as Sebo or Miele, or latterly as "easy to use." As for "great performance," well, its all in the eye of the beholder / hand of the owner; the noise levels are far too noisy for me to cope with!
Venson

Reply #14   Jul 23, 2010 2:03 am
By the way, what happened with the "slim" Ball model that was on the market and also the mini Ball they were pushing? I don't think either went over well.  I saw the slim-jim thing in the stores for a time and then it suddenly disappeared. I thought at first it might be passed off as a stick vac, which it was for all intent and purpose, but the price tag didn't help the cause.

Sure of what they'll try to charge, I think Dyson would be better off introducing a digital motor in a full-size vacuum.  There's more advantage.  Shrink the motor and increase the dust capacity with space saved.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #15   Jul 23, 2010 7:00 am
Venson wrote:
By the way, what happened with the "slim" Ball model that was on the market and also the mini Ball they were pushing? I don't think either went over well.  I saw the slim-jim thing in the stores for a time and then it suddenly disappeared. I thought at first it might be passed off as a stick vac, which it was for all intent and purpose, but the price tag didn't help the cause.

Sure of what they'll try to charge, I think Dyson would be better off introducing a digital motor in a full-size vacuum.  There's more advantage.  Shrink the motor and increase the dust capacity with space saved.

Venson

Hi Venson:

The DDM, as currently designed and produced, doesn't provide the umph that the conventional brush/armature motors have.  That's the issue now for Sir James and his 500 engineers who are still at the drawing board on the DDM for full size vacuum applications.  They've mastered the full size price with the DC22 motorhead and DDM for $799 just not the full size performance and features.  It's the highest priced in the dyson line up.  I've not seen a review of it yet by the industry experts and authorities who track and report on such things.  Or missed it.  From the dyson site:

DC22 Motorhead

$799.99

Dyson DC22 Motorhead is a canister vacuum powered by the Dyson digital motor. 1/3 smaller than a full-size Dyson machine, but with no compromise on pick-up. Available at select retailers only.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 23, 2010 by CarmineD
Hertz

Reply #16   Jul 24, 2010 2:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

The DDM, as currently designed and produced, doesn't provide the umph that the conventional brush/armature motors have.  That's the issue now for Sir James and his 500 engineers who are still at the drawing board on the DDM for full size vacuum applications.  They've mastered the full size price with the DC22 motorhead and DDM for $799 just not the full size performance and features.  It's the highest priced in the dyson line up.  I've not seen a review of it yet by the industry experts and authorities who track and report on such things.  Or missed it.  From the dyson site:

DC22 Motorhead

$799.99

Dyson DC22 Motorhead is a canister vacuum powered by the Dyson digital motor. 1/3 smaller than a full-size Dyson machine, but with no compromise on pick-up. Available at select retailers only.

Carmine D.

Carmine, it offers MORE features and MORE performance - not less. You can variably adjust the suction power and the motor lets you know when the filter needs to be changed or if there is something wrong; also, *NO* carbon dust emissions (thus essentially a CARE-FREE (almost) HEPA filter), and the motor will lost a *LOOONG* time, unlike conventional motors *most, anyways*. Bias strikes again! :D
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #17   Jul 24, 2010 2:39 am
Hertz wrote:
Carmine, it offers MORE features and MORE performance - not less. You can variably adjust the suction power and the motor lets you know when the filter needs to be changed or if there is something wrong; also, *NO* carbon dust emissions (thus essentially a CARE-FREE (almost) HEPA filter), and the motor will lost a *LOOONG* time, unlike conventional motors *most, anyways*. Bias strikes again! :D

Time will tell if the motor will last a 'LOOOONG" time.    given the price, i hope it lasts a long time for the consumers' benefit. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #18   Jul 24, 2010 5:46 am
I never had any issues with my DC03, the only draw back I found was suction power was not very good. Other than that I found it to be OK, especially as it was slim over the DC01 at the time. We still have the DC03 with another family member using it. It still has the original filters when it was new, although I'm sure the pre motor filter needs replacing by now!! The only part that has broken is the 'struts' along the soleplate. Dyson should use the metal soleplate found on the DC15. It will be interesting to see what form the Dyson Digital Slim takes. There is an entry for the Dyson Digital Slim on wikipedia dubbed as the DC35 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dyson_products DC18
This message was modified Jul 24, 2010 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #19   Jul 24, 2010 7:04 am
DC18 wrote:
I never had any issues with my DC03, the only draw back I found was suction power was not very good. Other than that I found it to be OK, especially as it was slim over the DC01 at the time. We still have the DC03 with another family member using it. It still has the original filters when it was new, although I'm sure the pre motor filter needs replacing by now!! The only part that has broken is the 'struts' along the soleplate. Dyson should use the metal soleplate found on the DC15. It will be interesting to see what form the Dyson Digital Slim takes. There is an entry for this on wikipedia dubbed as the DC35 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dyson_products DC18

Hello DC18:

Nice to see you and hear from you again here.  What if any of the dysons now/to come have your interest?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #20   Jul 24, 2010 7:07 am
Hertz wrote:

If assessing the future based on the past is bias, count me so.  I don't plunk down $799 based on some wild poster who buys 12 junk dysons and says they are the best ever made.  Have to show me with proof not words.

Carmine D.

DC18

Reply #21   Jul 24, 2010 7:21 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DC18:

Nice to see you and hear from you again here.  What if any of the dysons now/to come have your interest?

Carmine D.

Hello Carmine D Thanks, nice to be back. Been interesting reading on here! I'm interested in this Dyson Digital Slim to see what this may be! Although I'm still using a DC15 Ball I do quite like the current DC25 Ball thats out. THe new DC33 looks good too! DC18
M00seUK

Reply #22   Jul 24, 2010 7:28 am
DC18 wrote:
I never had any issues with my DC03, the only draw back I found was suction power was not very good. Other than that I found it to be OK, especially as it was slim over the DC01 at the time. We still have the DC03 with another family member using it. It still has the original filters when it was new, although I'm sure the pre motor filter needs replacing by now!! The only part that has broken is the 'struts' along the soleplate. Dyson should use the metal soleplate found on the DC15. It will be interesting to see what form the Dyson Digital Slim takes. There is an entry for this on wikipedia dubbed as the DC35 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dyson_products DC18

As referenced on the Wikipedia entry, the DC33 upright was announced this week; an updated version of the DC27/DC28 and weighs slightly less (-0.5kg). Full spec on Dyson UK web site.

CarmineD

Reply #23   Jul 24, 2010 1:36 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hello Carmine D Thanks, nice to be back. Been interesting reading on here! I'm interested in this Dyson Digital Slim to see what this may be! Although I'm still using a DC15 Ball I do quite like the current DC25 Ball thats out. THe new DC33 looks good too! DC18

Hello DC18:

I'm not a fan of the dyson ball models.  If I had to choose, it would be the DC25 BUT a word of caution if you are buying.  Within a year of launch of these models, there were problems with the main motor wiring harness in the DC25 models.  They broke in two.  Motor goes dead.  Retailers/customers were reporting the models were not running within months of purchase.  One authorized dyson dealer here stopped selling the model even at customer requests until he could comfirm dyson had a reliable fix.  I supect by now it does but I haven't verified with him [yet].  He keeps pestering me to work for him exclusively on dyson repairs and refurbs and I keep turning him down.  BTW, BEST BUY insiders told me the DC15 was the worse seller of all dysons it carried except for the DC11.  The DC15 ball MSRP fiasco didn't help.  Dropped the official MSRP by $100 within months of launch. 

WRT a DDM slim, that has my interest too.  But like all innovative products [iPhone 4], comes with risks, not the least of which is the usual exorbitant dyson price.  It appears the DC33 on the dyson GB site does not have DDM.  Appears to be a budget dyson model based on a hybrid of existing models in the line up.

Carmine D.

PS: Thanks for the Wikipedia dyson site.  Very interesting.

This message was modified Jul 24, 2010 by CarmineD
DC18

Reply #24   Jul 27, 2010 12:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DC18:

I'm not a fan of the dyson ball models.  If I had to choose, it would be the DC25 BUT a word of caution if you are buying.  Within a year of launch of these models, there were problems with the main motor wiring harness in the DC25 models.  They broke in two.  Motor goes dead.  Retailers/customers were reporting the models were not running within months of purchase.  One authorized dyson dealer here stopped selling the model even at customer requests until he could comfirm dyson had a reliable fix.  I supect by now it does but I haven't verified with him [yet].  He keeps pestering me to work for him exclusively on dyson repairs and refurbs and I keep turning him down.  BTW, BEST BUY insiders told me the DC15 was the worse seller of all dysons it carried except for the DC11.  The DC15 ball MSRP fiasco didn't help.  Dropped the official MSRP by $100 within months of launch. 

WRT a DDM slim, that has my interest too.  But like all innovative products [iPhone 4], comes with risks, not the least of which is the usual exorbitant dyson price.  It appears the DC33 on the dyson GB site does not have DDM.  Appears to be a budget dyson model based on a hybrid of existing models in the line up.

Carmine D.

PS: Thanks for the Wikipedia dyson site.  Very interesting.

Hi Carmine D Thanks for your info. I prefer the Dyson Ball models to the standard ones, although I did like my DC07 when I had it! I prefer the DC25 over the DC24, although I'm not planning to upgrade the DC15 as yet still has live in it! The DC25 is quite a popular model in the UK so I hear. I'll be interested to see what form the next Dyson Ball models take, might wait until then to upgrade or see what the Dyson Digital Slim is going to be! The DC33 is a hybrid of the DC14 and DC27 models and no DDM is present in the UK versions which is a shame! The DDM Slim has my interest too! I seen that Wikipedia has removed the DC35 Dyson Digital Slim entry off the site now, wonder why!? DC18
M00seUK

Reply #25   Jul 27, 2010 1:20 pm
DC18 wrote:
The DDM Slim has my interest too! I seen that Wikipedia has removed the DC35 Dyson Digital Slim entry off the site now, wonder why!? DC18

Wikipedia reports: "Factually incorrect as the DC35 does not exist" ...which is pretty much true.
CarmineD

Reply #26   Jul 27, 2010 1:29 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi Carmine D Thanks for your info. I prefer the Dyson Ball models to the standard ones, although I did like my DC07 when I had it! I prefer the DC25 over the DC24, although I'm not planning to upgrade the DC15 as yet still has live in it! The DC25 is quite a popular model in the UK so I hear. I'll be interested to see what form the next Dyson Ball models take, might wait until then to upgrade or see what the Dyson Digital Slim is going to be! The DC33 is a hybrid of the DC14 and DC27 models and no DDM is present in the UK versions which is a shame! The DDM Slim has my interest too! I seen that Wikipedia has removed the DC35 Dyson Digital Slim entry off the site now, wonder why!? DC18

Hello DC18:

You have to have an inclination for the ball dyson models to like them.  I thought the DC15 did a decent job on rugs.  But it was a monstrosity.  Most people just didn't cotton up to the vacuum.  They were intrigued with it.  But price turned them off along with poundage.  Much like the HOOVER Z which was criticized for those reasons.  Most dyson users/buyers who I talk with, if they like their dysons, tell me they don't like the ball model.  When I ask them what dyson model they use, they can't always tell me but say right off NOT THE ONE WITH THE BALL. 

At the expense of being redundant, I believe a DDM slim upright is not on the dyson radar screen yet except in the minds of Sir James and perhaps a few close to him.  Missed the boat on lightweights like a slim and robots where dyson could have carved out nice niche markets to supplement its business operations.  Too scattered and unfocused on all things not vacuums.  It's hurt him and the company except for lifting short term ego and immediate bucks in the bank.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #27   Jul 27, 2010 8:26 pm
I never liked the ball at all. Had difficulty cleaning under low furniture, a fact that can be seen made easier by a Sebo X1.1 from this user on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUpt0xZO9U0
DC18

Reply #28   Jul 29, 2010 12:31 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Wikipedia reports: "Factually incorrect as the DC35 does not exist" ...which is pretty much true.

The entry was on there briefly for a few days, but has since been removed as it does not exist. DC18
DC18

Reply #29   Jul 29, 2010 12:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DC18:

You have to have an inclination for the ball dyson models to like them.  I thought the DC15 did a decent job on rugs.  But it was a monstrosity.  Most people just didn't cotton up to the vacuum.  They were intrigued with it.  But price turned them off along with poundage.  Much like the HOOVER Z which was criticized for those reasons.  Most dyson users/buyers who I talk with, if they like their dysons, tell me they don't like the ball model.  When I ask them what dyson model they use, they can't always tell me but say right off NOT THE ONE WITH THE BALL. 

At the expense of being redundant, I believe a DDM slim upright is not on the dyson radar screen yet except in the minds of Sir James and perhaps a few close to him.  Missed the boat on lightweights like a slim and robots where dyson could have carved out nice niche markets to supplement its business operations.  Too scattered and unfocused on all things not vacuums.  It's hurt him and the company except for lifting short term ego and immediate bucks in the bank.

Carmine D.

Hello Carmine D Yes you do I suppose. The newer Ball Models are lighter to the DC15, and I think the DC15 does a very good job on rugs\carpets, but I'm told the DC25 goes one better! The DC15 was very bulky compared to the DC25 thats out now! It's a shame Dyson didn't (or maybe they are working on it!) push the DC18 Slim Model more, I like the DC18 especially as the cleaning head pertrudes the actual body of the cleaner. I'm hoping the Dyson DDM Slim in more than in the minds, and that they are working on this project. They need a model in the line up that can go flat on the floor to clean under low furniture without having to use the tools all the time. Heres hoping!! DC18
This message was modified Jul 30, 2010 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #30   Jul 29, 2010 8:04 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hello Carmine D Yes you do I suppose. The newer Ball Models are lighter to the DC15, and I think the DC15 does a very good job on rugs\carpets, but I'm told the DC25 goes one better! The DC15 was very bulky compared to the DC25 thats out now! It's a shame Dyson didn't (or maybe they are working on it!) push the DC18 Slim Model more, I like the DC18 especially as the cleaning head pertrudes the actual body of the cleaner. I'm hoping the Dyson DDM Slim in more than in the minds, and that they are working on this project. They need a model in the line up that can go flat on the floor to clean under low furniture with having to use the tools all the time. Heres hoping!! DC18

I agree with you DC18.  Dyson is long overdue for such.  People's hope, as much as it helps to foster good PR for the future, is wearing thin.  Sooner or later dyson has to deliver to keep its credibility.  Not with a patent that covers every thing from A to Z and back again.  But THE product and price.

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #31   Oct 23, 2010 9:26 am
Backing up the previous (since deleted) claim on the Dyson Wikipedia page, the 'Digital Slim' is confirmed as 'DC35'. It's cordless, uses the Dyson Digital Motor, an independently driven brushbar (1,400 RPM, with carbon fibre brushes)... 'the most powerful lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner'... however, I suspect that no-one reckoned it would look quite like this:-

http://www.binglee.com.au/home-appliances/vacuums-floor-care/stick/dyson-dc35-dc35-cordless-vacuum-cleaner

Dyson genius or market failure? They certainly seem ever proud to break from the accepted norm. I guess this could still be classified as a 'stick vac'?

This message was modified Oct 23, 2010 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #32   Oct 23, 2010 1:44 pm
Wow.  What can one say?  A picture is worth a 1000 words and in this case a belly full of laughs.  I wouldn't classify a stick vac by any stretch of the vacuum industry imagination.  No more than I would classify a Kirby a bagless vacuum just becuase it uses an after market retrofitted Keeler bagless dirt bin.  The DC35 is more a hand held vacuum with attachments.  Not a new concept for vacuums in the USA.  Decades ago HOOVER capitalized [or tried to] on the same concept in the 60's and 70's with the Pixie Vac and Handi Sac vacuums [the latter were called stick unless used with attachments in hand held mode].   In fact, GE initiated the concept in the 40's with the GE Tidy Vac.   A small handheld with shoulder strap and attachments including wands.  A number of vacuum makers have come before dyson's DC35 slim whatever it is.  Not sure what the price for this product is/will be but if it follows in the line of other dysons it's sure to be way overpriced.

Carmine D.

Dyson - DC35 - DC35 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
This message was modified Oct 23, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #33   Oct 23, 2010 6:54 pm
armineD wrote:
Wow.  What can one say?  A picture is worth a 1000 words and in this case a belly full of laughs.  I wouldn't classify a stick vac by any stretch of the vacuum industry imagination.  No more than I would classify a Kirby a bagless vacuum just becuase it uses an after market retrofitted Keeler bagless dirt bin.  The DC35 is more a hand held vacuum with attachments.  Not a new concept for vacuums in the USA.  Decades ago HOOVER capitalized [or tried to] on the same concept in the 60's and 70's with the Pixie Vac and Handi Sac vacuums [the latter were called stick unless used with attachments in hand held mode].   In fact, GE initiated the concept in the 40's with the GE Tidy Vac.   A small handheld with shoulder strap and attachments including wands.  A number of vacuum makers have come before dyson's DC35 slim whatever it is.  Not sure what the price for this product is/will be but if it follows in the line of other dysons it's sure to be way overpriced.

Carmine D.

Dyson - DC35 - DC35 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner

Sears has gone on the band wagon with this idea too.  If you own a Kenmore can, yoiu can purchase a handheld cleaner to tag on to your existing PN and wandsfor quick-ups without using the main cleaner.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02021000000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=L2

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #34   Oct 23, 2010 9:43 pm
My Black and Decker mains corded hand held does the exact same thing!
Venson

Reply #35   Oct 24, 2010 9:38 am
vacmanuk wrote:
My Black and Decker mains corded hand held does the exact same thing!

Hi vacmanuk,

Though it's for light work, have you found an advantage? 

Venson

M00seUK

Reply #36   Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm
Thanks Carmine / Venson – I didn’t know that this arrangement had been tried before. In the Dyson case, it appears to be a standard DC31, a Dyson Motorhead part and a connecting wand. Beyond this, it looks like very little additional product design has gone in to it?

It looks like it’s positioned for quick pickups. I imagine for the moment that the battery life remains the same? When I lived in an apartment with wood laminate floors, I would frequently use a DC16 handheld, to pick up debris that I had swept in to a pile. I can see how this new Dyson might be quicker in this regard. But one point puzzles me; why the powerhead? Surely if used on carpeted floor it will soon fill up the bin – wouldn’t a mid to large-sized canister be more suitable for a powerhead arrangement?

The one bonus I can see is it being cordless and much more approachable for quick clean ups and dumping. Maybe there’s a certain user case for it - it won’t have cost them much to develop and can claim a certain crown of being the most powerful cordless lightweight. I agree that the price (converted from $ASD) does seem too high,  but as said with the Air Multiplier, they’ll always aim a unique product like this, see which way the wind blows and discount if potential buyers act indifferent.
This message was modified Oct 24, 2010 by M00seUK
vacmanuk

Reply #37   Oct 24, 2010 11:24 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi vacmanuk,

Though it's for light work, have you found an advantage? 

Venson

Kind of. As you'll see in the picture above, the hand held has one suction pipe in this photo, but in reality it comes with two suction pipes that can be extended making it a suction only floor cleaner. I bought the hand held after my Dirt Devil of 23 years old (the Handy model) gave up one day until I discovered the plastic fan had had enough of its dirty fan system and broke in two. Wasn't really that surprised because the Dirt Devil Handy models are fantastic value but the ones in the UK were too overpriced and the Black and Decker looked a bit better on value and attachments.

The floor tool that is supplied is like a standard suction only pedal floor head that can clear hard floors pretty well. In use it works okay - to a point - the hand part of the vacuum gets too hot too quickly so if you're cleaning a home that hasn't had central heating on for a couple of days, this is one vacuum that will sure warm you up. It works well on stairs as shown though and there is even a blower attachment as well as several tools shown on the box photo here.

Problem with the B&D is that the plastic suction tubes are too thinly made, so it can bend in use and feel liable to split apart  = but in theory it is a great attachment and a good idea. The tubes are smaller than 32 mm so I can't attach Hoover pipes or similar which could give this model a bit more longevity and durability.

If there are two things I do like about this model, then its main crevice tool which you can just pick off the top and lock it into the mouth. Also the bin area is well designed. Flip lock and just angle it into a bin. The cyclonic design is rather unusual - split bin with a plastic permanently fitted top disc that has a sprung "wing" which bends down the moment the bin lid is opened and thus allows the dust to fall out. You can watch the dust spin around and around but it never touches the bottom part of the bin which has a single mesh filter cyclone.
CarmineD

Reply #38   Oct 25, 2010 6:07 am
Black & Decker Stick Vac Cordless MSRP $110. Revolving Brush.  Stick version of the the hand held B&D pivot vacuum.  Both these B&D cleaning products are in all the big box retailers and marketed and sold in the states for a number of years.

Not sure of the weight of these products compared to dyson's latest DC35.

Carmine D.

18V Cordless Pivoting Floor Vac

MODEL # PSV1800

18V Cordless Pivoting Floor Vac
This message was modified Oct 25, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #39   Oct 25, 2010 6:11 am
The Black & Decker cordless mini canister Flex with MSRP of $79.  Newer to the US market than the pivot stick and held held vacuums, probably just several years of sales and becoming just as pervasive as the B&D pivot hand held and stick with prices starting at $60 [Wal*Mart stores].

Weighs in at less than 4 pounds and has a 4 foot hose and attachments for straight suction cleaning.

Carmine D.

FLEX™ - Cordless Mini Canister Vac

MODEL # FHV1200

FLEX™ - Cordless Mini Canister Vac
This message was modified Oct 25, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #40   Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am
M00seUK wrote:
Thanks Carmine / Venson – I didn’t know that this arrangement had been tried before. In the Dyson case, it appears to be a standard DC31, a Dyson Motorhead part and a connecting wand. Beyond this, it looks like very little additional product design has gone in to it?

It looks like it’s positioned for quick pickups. I imagine for the moment that the battery life remains the same? When I lived in an apartment with wood laminate floors, I would frequently use a DC16 handheld, to pick up debris that I had swept in to a pile. I can see how this new Dyson might be quicker in this regard. But one point puzzles me; why the powerhead? Surely if used on carpeted floor it will soon fill up the bin – wouldn’t a mid to large-sized canister be more suitable for a powerhead arrangement?

The one bonus I can see is it being cordless and much more approachable for quick clean ups and dumping. Maybe there’s a certain user case for it - it won’t have cost them much to develop and can claim a certain crown of being the most powerful cordless lightweight. I agree that the price (converted from $ASD) does seem too high,  but as said with the Air Multiplier, they’ll always aim a unique product like this, see which way the wind blows and discount if potential buyers act indifferent.

I recently read an article that coined a brilliant phrase for this type of brand maker thinking and action:  "Behavioral economics."  Basically the premise of the writer is that product makers and their loyal customers discount the drawbacks of products they are emotionally in favor of.  Sound like an inventor/brand talked about here?  Before you answer it has nothing to do with vacuums, fans, and hand driers but with wind turbines. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #41   Oct 25, 2010 10:00 am
M00seUK wrote:
. . . But one point puzzles me; why the powerhead? Surely if used on carpeted floor it will soon fill up the bin – wouldn’t a mid to large-sized canister be more suitable for a powerhead arrangement?

Hiya M00seUK,

I'd think the power nozzle is hoped to enhance surface litter pick up. Though the suction in this type of set-up certainly would win no points for deep cleaning, as regards small, light duty maneuvers,it should be able to quickly whisk away "top soil". Best, Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #42   Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya M00seUK,

I'd think the power nozzle is hoped to enhance surface litter pick up. Though the suction in this type of set-up certainly would win no points for deep cleaning, as regards small, light duty maneuvers,it should be able to quickly whisk away "top soil". Best, Venson

Spot on Venson! Infact as an owner of the original Electrolux Ergorapido, their first model had a rubber squeegee and thin paint brush like beater bar that didn't do it much favour on carpets. Did well on hard floors. Ergorapido mark 2 had a proper bristle bar with thicker tufts to cope with carpets. Replaces the idea of a dustpan and brush, supposedly.
M00seUK

Reply #43   Oct 26, 2010 7:42 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya M00seUK,

Ah, so the rationale is that a relatively low-powered, cordless vacuum won’t always have enough suction on carpet to remove all surface debris and thus requires a brushbar. I’d imagine if carefully calibrated, the effectiveness of this could fall between dislodging for surface pick up and not the carpet pile itself.

I remember that James Dyson said once (about the DC16 handheld) that they were surprised to learn that a proportion of people were using the cleaner for general maintenance cleaning about the house. It appears, to better fit this use, they’ve increased the run time (with the DC31) and now, fitted a powered head, on a wand, with steerable wheels. It might well only satisfy a niche in the market, but as said, the investment in product development appears modest.
vacmanuk

Reply #44   Oct 26, 2010 10:14 am
M00seUK wrote:
Ah, so the rationale is that a relatively low-powered, cordless vacuum won’t always have enough suction on carpet to remove all surface debris and thus requires a brushbar. I’d imagine if carefully calibrated, the effectiveness of this could fall between dislodging for surface pick up and not the carpet pile itself.

I remember that James Dyson said once (about the DC16 handheld) that they were surprised to learn that a proportion of people were using the cleaner for general maintenance cleaning about the house. It appears, to better fit this use, they’ve increased the run time (with the DC31) and now, fitted a powered head, on a wand, with steerable wheels. It might well only satisfy a niche in the market, but as said, the investment in product development appears modest.

I'd say the rationale is offering buyers something better than a mechanical sweeper and that effectively is what the cordless dust busters with a stick and a moving brush roll are trying to emulate here. The next big step is to develop something Karcher already tried years ago; develop a wet brush model that picks up dirt or water on floors. I like the versatility that the brands are offering with so many different attachments to extend cleaning cycles with a dust buster on the hand - but it isnt exactly new - its just moving the game on a bit. The Americans reversed the design theory offering a hand held with a permanent brush roll and mains cord with extendable pipes and other attachments in the form of the Dirt Devil handy but one could argue it's mains powered only and restricts a "clean-anywhere" approach without a plug socket. Black and Decker know more about any other brand with wet pick up dust busters and could develop their interest further.
CarmineD

Reply #45   Oct 26, 2010 3:33 pm
It's been proven that battery run times for these cleaning products diminishes when a revolving brush meets resistance from carpeting vice straight barefloor cleaning.  It would be interesting for a consumer, since dyson won't, to test the DC35 run times for both cleaning situations.  First in the barefloor cleaning mode.  Then in the carpet cleaning mode.  Measuring DC35 run times and noting the time differential. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2010 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #46   Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
It's been proven that battery run times for these cleaning products diminishes when a revolving brush meets resistance from carpeting vice straight barefloor cleaning.  It would be interesting for a consumer, since dyson won't, to test the DC35 run times for both cleaning situations.  First in the barefloor cleaning mode.  Then in the carpet cleaning mode.  Measuring DC35 run times and noting the time differential. 

Carmine D.

Always good to have the numbers for evaluation purposes. Here are the runtime figures from Dyson for the DC35:-

• 15 minutes on high power (28 aw - constant)

• 13 minutes when using the motorised brushbar (1,400 RPM)

• 6 minutes when using max power mode (65 aw - constant)

That all sounds reasonable for the small to mid-sized house this type of cleaner would be marketed towards.
vacmanuk

Reply #47   Oct 27, 2010 7:29 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Always good to have the numbers for evaluation purposes. Here are the runtime figures from Dyson for the DC35:-

That all sounds reasonable for the small to mid-sized house this type of cleaner would be marketed towards.

Excellent performance but how is it judged? Picking little dirt up on hard floors or a lot? Surely if a carpet has a lot of surface dirt, then performance may struggle. Its all very well if its mains powered but since its cordless is there a secondary motor that is independently running the brush bar? Otherwise if its picking up a lot of dirt, then surely the power is going to run down by the amount of dirt the brush bar has to cope with picking up?
CarmineD

Reply #48   Oct 27, 2010 7:38 pm
M00seUK wrote:

These numbers give only a partial time differential.  This provides the diminished battery run time with the brush roll engaged with 28 AW of power.  Loss of 2 minutes.  The missing piece of information is the battery run time with 65 AW and the brush roll engaged.   At a minimal, one would believe 2 minutes lost.  This leaves a run time of 4 minutes.  Since brush roll usage on carpet surfaces cause increased resistance to the motor operation, 65 AW would be a normal mode.  At 4 minutes of usage, and the price of the product, users would have to be emotionally tied to DC35 to discount the drawbacks in short run time. 

Carmine D. 

M00seUK

Reply #49   Oct 28, 2010 7:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
These numbers give only a partial time differential.  This provides the diminished battery run time with the brush roll engaged with 28 AW of power.  Loss of 2 minutes.  The missing piece of information is the battery run time with 65 AW and the brush roll engaged.   At a minimal, one would believe 2 minutes lost.  This leaves a run time of 4 minutes.  Since brush roll usage on carpet surfaces cause increased resistance to the motor operation, 65 AW would be a normal mode.  At 4 minutes of usage, and the price of the product, users would have to be emotionally tied to DC35 to discount the drawbacks in short run time. 

Carmine D. 

Hello Carmine, I cannot directly answer all your queries as I'm simply reporting the information as presented. Going by the documentation for the similar Dyson handhelds, it suggests the max power mode of 65 air watts is only for occasional use, as needed. I don't even know if the auxiliary power for the brushbar is enabled in max power mode?

The charts below appear to illustrate that even at the lower setting of 28 air watts, the overall performance of the Dyson is more than competitive compared to the other lightweight, cordless vacs on the market.

This message was modified Oct 28, 2010 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #50   Oct 28, 2010 8:11 am
M00seUK wrote:
Hello Carmine, I cannot directly answer all your queries as I'm simply reporting the information as presented. Going by the documentation for the similar Dyson handhelds, it suggests the max power mode of 65 air watts is only for occasional use, as needed. I don't even know if the auxiliary power for the brushbar is enabled in max power mode?

The charts below appear to illustrate that even at the lower setting of 28 air watts, the overall performance of the Dyson is more than competitive compared to the other lightweight, cordless vacs on the market.

Kudos for trying M00seUK.  It's safe to say that dyson produces a powerful hand held.  The issue with its handhelds [from DC16 up thru DC35] has always been run time by the batteries especially now under stress.  This motor run time comes more into question with a revolving brush roll due to the resistance caused by carpet cleaning.  The latter is the point I'm making and I think Vacmanuk too for DC35 slim whatever it is. 

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #51   Oct 29, 2010 6:50 am
CarmineD wrote:
Kudos for trying M00seUK.  It's safe to say that dyson produces a powerful hand held.  The issue with its handhelds [from DC16 up thru DC35] has always been run time by the batteries especially now under stress.  This motor run time comes more into question with a revolving brush roll due to the resistance caused by carpet cleaning.  The latter is the point I'm making and I think Vacmanuk too for DC35 slim whatever it is. 

Carmine D.

Agreed - It's also a point that we'll be able to better clarify based on inital user testing / reviews.
CarmineD

Reply #52   Oct 29, 2010 8:02 am
M00seUK wrote:
Agreed - It's also a point that we'll be able to better clarify based on inital user testing / reviews.

Yes, agree which is the bases [at least for DC16, DC30, and DC31] for my concern on the meager run times for these dyson hand helds.  DC35 stats just give the full picture for run time at 28 AW with brush roll.  At first glance from dyson stats, it looks like DC35 increases run time at low speed over DC30 and DC31 to 15 minutes from 10.  Impressive?  BUT wait, actually dyson reduces the AW rating on DC35 at low speed from 38 AW in DC30/31 to 28 AW in DC35.  What will this AW reduction do to user perception of the powerful dyson handhelds [based on previous DC30 and DC31]?  Diminish it?  Yes, obviously to me.  Making the high speed even more preferred on DC35 even required now especially with the brush roll since the standard AW at low speed is reduced.  So, 6 minutes at high speed becomes ...????  Don't know from dyson.  Dyson is mum on the issue.  Have to wait and see?  No.  The answer is crystal clear [at least to me]. 

What dyson has done, IMHO, is to gerry rig two seperate products [a hand held and revolving brush] into one supposedly unique product by using "spin" [like reducing AW to show increase run time at LO speed ONLY].  The reason, my opinion, is to market DC35 slim as a new and superior product performance wise over previous same brand and other models but not expressly saying so with all the relevant data.  Instead relying on customers to buy and use first to determine its effectiveness.  One would have to be emotionally tied to this new product/dyson brand to pay the high price and discount the proven drawbacks of the meager past dyson battery run times for its handhelds [the core component of the DC35 slim].  If dyson customers fall for the hype and hawking, mission accomplished.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 29, 2010 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #53   Oct 29, 2010 11:34 pm
End of the day though Carmine, are cordless vacuum cleaners really a good thing? The best dust buster I had was an original Black and Decker. Lasted me about 10 years until the battery completely died. Could I get hold of a fresh battery to keep the old model going? Not at all. Then the internet arrived and there's the *$%@ battery made in China that I could have bought, only the B&D model had been chucked out 5/6 years before hand for the lack of getting a new battery - even B&D couldn't give me proper advice. Consumer outsourcing just came too late and so much for recycling.

I know that Dyson batteries are now available etc etc, but just how big are we going to get in terms of being an infinitely disposable global nation?
This message was modified Oct 29, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #54   Oct 30, 2010 8:39 am
vacmanuk wrote:
End of the day though Carmine, are cordless vacuum cleaners really a good thing? The best dust buster I had was an original Black and Decker. Lasted me about 10 years until the battery completely died. Could I get hold of a fresh battery to keep the old model going? Not at all. Then the internet arrived and there's the *$%@ battery made in China that I could have bought, only the B&D model had been chucked out 5/6 years before hand for the lack of getting a new battery - even B&D couldn't give me proper advice. Consumer outsourcing just came too late and so much for recycling.

I know that Dyson batteries are now available etc etc, but just how big are we going to get in terms of being an infinitely disposable global nation?

Vacmanuk: You pack a lot in a little.  Not sure where to begin but I'll give it the college try.

Are cordless vacuum cleaners really a good thing?  Yes. It is the new frontier in the vacuum industry.  After 100 years of electric powered vacuums battery powered is calling.  All things being equal [meaning the battery powered vacuum performance is comparable to corded], and we know they never are equal, some consumers, possibly many, would opt for the cordless over cords.

...but just how big are we going to get in terms of being an infinitely disposable global nation?  Most consumers in the USA are oblivious to "green/conservation" issues.  The only way this will change on a large scale is to infuse tons of guilt into consumers to go green.  Mandating through laws only angers us and causes a backlash.  The guilt trip hasn't happened yet for consumers.  Not sure it ever can and ever will.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 30, 2010 by CarmineD
Aviori7

Reply #55   Nov 27, 2010 6:06 am
This Dyson is not exactly what I was expecting it to be and as I like Dyson, this model seems strange to me. So I am very surprised how well is this vacuum selling. I have no experience with this model and wonder if it will make it to the UK?

Vacuums Reviews
CarmineD

Reply #56   Nov 27, 2010 7:17 am
Aviori7 wrote:
This Dyson is not exactly what I was expecting it to be and as I like Dyson, this model seems strange to me. So I am very surprised how well is this vacuum selling. I have no experience with this model and wonder if it will make it to the UK?

Vacuums Reviews

Havent' seen it at any of the retailers in the USA yet.  Not advertised in the Holiday sales for Thanksgiving Day and Friday after.  Just on the USA dyson web site.  At $299 for a 5-10 minute run time, it's a pricey household cleaning tool.  Not really a slim upright or lightweight upright but a modified handheld stick vacuum.  Interesting design and concept after one stops laughing at the price.  But never know.  Dyson may pull it off once its out and about for sale in the USA and discounted to $100-$150.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 56 of 56View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42