Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .
Original Message   Jul 7, 2010 5:20 pm
Hi,

Which? magazine has just made a preliminary announcement re the Sebo D series vacuums.  Bags being my preference, I was pleased to read that the D series sports a 6-liter bag (about a gallon and a half).  The airbelt is a little wasted on me as I've never had problems with marring furniture.  However, if it will keep the machine itself from looking like it belongs in a second-hand shop for a few years I'm all for it.

Which? plans to test the D series soon.

The story is here: http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/07/new-vacs-with-bumpers-to-protect-your-furniture-219804

Venson

Replies: 4 - 13 of 109Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .
Reply #4   Jul 8, 2010 6:38 am
Hertz wrote:
I believe you mean the new "D" style? The K series is smaller in size than the C series, though I believe the bag fill capacity is the same vacmanuk?

SEBO X, G & C Series Bags #5093AM - Free Shipping - Click to enlarge

SEBO X, G & C Series Bags #5093AM - Free Shipping

includes: 10 filter vacuum bags with green dust discs; compatible with Sebo X, C, and G series vacuum cleaners.

Item Code: 676224050932

$21.99

SEBO K Series Paper Bags #6629AM - Free Shipping - Click to enlarge

SEBO K Series Paper Bags #6629AM - Free Shipping

8 Sebo vacuum bags for Sebo K2 and K3 canister vacuums.
Item Code: 6629

$20.99

It appears the K is larger than the C and the D [if that what it is called] is larger than the K [at 6 liters].  But looks are deceiving.

Carmine D.

SEBO K Series Paper Bags #6629AM - Free Shipping

8 Sebo vacuum bags for Sebo K2 and K3 canister vacuums.

$20.99

It appears the K is larger than the C and the D [if that what it is called] is larger than the K [at 6 liters].  But looks are deceiving.

Carmine D.

$20.99

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 8, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #5   Jul 8, 2010 8:24 am
Eight bags for twenty bucks?  Thank God, Sebo hasn't been talking to Miele.

Venson

This message was modified Jul 8, 2010 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #6   Jul 8, 2010 8:33 am
Venson wrote:
Eight bags for twenty bucks?  Thank God, Sebo hasn't been talking to Miele.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I've often thought the same.  This is one SEBO vendor in Northern Va and its prices that I am familiar with.  I undertand it is the vendor who sells and services SEBO vacuums to the White House.  Vacmanuk posted the SEBO web site and the White House is pictured.  I have no affiliation with them [the vacuum vendor].  I suspect SEBO bag prices are pretty comparable among all SEBO sellers.  Realizing both brands and their bags are German made, it is ironic that MIELE's bags are so much more, considering the transportation costs and exchange rates are the same, and that the SEBO bags are less.  In defense of MIELE, I believe they have taken their paper bags to a higher performance level than SEBO and therein lies some of the reason for the price difference.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #7   Jul 8, 2010 11:52 am
Carmine - the SEBO K bags are 3.5 litres capacity - they are NOT bigger than the X bags.
The X bags have a 5.5 litre capacity and the New D series has 0.5 litres more at 6 litres.
This message was modified Jul 8, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #8   Jul 8, 2010 1:09 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Carmine - the SEBO K bags are 3.5 litres capacity - they are NOT bigger than the X bags.
The X bags have a 5.5 litre capacity and the New D series has 0.5 litres more at 6 litres.

Thanks for the info.  I can see the reason for the difference in the D rather than using the X.  Half liter is larger and better. 

Carmine D.

PS:  The SEBO America Web Site is down, I presume adding the new D series canns.  The SEBO UK site shows K and X bags but no D series canns/parts yet.  Too new I presume.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #9   Jul 8, 2010 8:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I've often thought the same.  This is one SEBO vendor in Northern Va and its prices that I am familiar with.  I undertand it is the vendor who sells and services SEBO vacuums to the White House.  Vacmanuk posted the SEBO web site and the White House is pictured.  I have no affiliation with them [the vacuum vendor].  I suspect SEBO bag prices are pretty comparable among all SEBO sellers.  Realizing both brands and their bags are German made, it is ironic that MIELE's bags are so much more, considering the transportation costs and exchange rates are the same, and that the SEBO bags are less.  In defense of MIELE, I believe they have taken their paper bags to a higher performance level than SEBO and therein lies some of the reason for the price difference.

Carmine D.

Hi,

I certainly do believe that Miele has raised the bar regarding disposable bag efficiency and dust capture but, unless hand delivered by private coach, I'll never believe that it costs approximately $4.50 to $5.00 a bag to do it.  My best guess is $1,10 to make one and another 25-cents to put it on the boat.  The rest is pure price gouging.  I only tolerate the cost because, for once, I've found something that is exemplary not because promo copy says so but because it does so.

I forgot to add that I learned a great lesson by way of my car.  Go to the dealer and everything goes at premium price.  Start looking around on the web and elsewhere you'll find significant differences in price for practically the same thing.  I recall well that a rep at the dealerships swore that the car would be run to wrack and ruin without using its "so much better" motor oil.  I've been using a synthetic oil that they have great sales on at Costco and life is swell.

Thinking vacuum cleaners, I have the strong belief that high bag prices often have more to do with name than actual cost to manufacture.

Once famous Desco Appliances on 14th Street, it was sort of like the Mecca for parts for any brand you coulld think of, fell into the hands of new owners who sold Sebo and Bosch.  The prices were very high.  It's my assumption that considering the area -- nose-bleed high rentals, condos and coops -- the business is only surviving by way of a good supply of credit card holding customers.

Venson

This message was modified Jul 9, 2010 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #10   Jul 8, 2010 8:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks for the info.  I can see the reason for the difference in the D rather than using the X.  Half liter is larger and better. 

Carmine D.

PS:  The SEBO America Web Site is down, I presume adding the new D series canns.  The SEBO UK site shows K and X bags but no D series canns/parts yet.  Too new I presume.

Carmine D.

Yep, the UK site will not be updated soon, as far as the MD told me. Germany, UK and America will be the first three to get the D series and then other countries including France will get the D series.
Hertz

Reply #11   Jul 8, 2010 10:34 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Yep, the UK site will not be updated soon, as far as the MD told me. Germany, UK and America will be the first three to get the D series and then other countries including France will get the D series.

Why wouldn't the U.K site be updated soon if they're one of the first countries to get it?! Makes no sense to me. Any ideas? :P
vacmanuk

Reply #12   Jul 9, 2010 3:01 am
For heavens sake Hertz, you might take into consideration that SEBO aren't a big company. The UK website will have an update later in the year and I suspect when Sebo UK update their website they will do it in their own time. You don't need all countries to have an updated site when the home company in Germany already has the D series on display and in English display options too. Compared to Miele, Sebo are still a small private company and they only have some financial reserves for updating websites etc.
Venson

Reply #13   Jul 9, 2010 7:18 am
The following link is to the new Ds user manual.  It's written in English and German.

http://www.sebo.de/res/docs/ger/GEBRAUCHSANWEISUNG_SEBO_AIRBELT_D.pdf

It appears there's lotsof filtering area offered.

Venson

Replies: 4 - 13 of 109Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42