Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Old is new again . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Old is new again . . .
Original Message   Jul 1, 2010 10:34 am
Hi,

Vax is about to put out a new line of upright vacuums that scent the air while in use.  This is so old but when it comes to business, "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do," I guess.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/07/vax-vacuum-cleaners-get-a-summer-makeover-218505

Historically, Kirby, Filter Queen, Royal, Hoover (for a brief time) and Rainbow (for always) to name a few have pushed the air freshening/scenting option.  I've heard little report of owner's appreciation for it.  I used pne scent in Filter Queens I've owned.  A few drops of the scent were applied to a felt pad installed on the underside of the blower cap but the effect seemed to fade fast due to the heat from the exhaust air "burning" it off.

Anyway, Vax is looking to take us back . . .

Venson

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Old is new again . . .
Reply #1   Jul 1, 2010 1:51 pm
Hi Venson:

The BOSCH made VAX bagless uprights intro'ed and sold by BEST BUY a number of years ago had the scented filter features too.  Appealed to many of the women customers who were drawn to the vacuum aisles of BB when the VAX vacuums were in use.

Remember the old HOOVER 725/750 models with the pink scented felt filters built into the bottom plates that covered the fan opening/belt drive shaft.  From the 1930's.  Old, like me.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Jul 1, 2010 3:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

. . . Remember the old HOOVER 725/750 models with the pink scented felt filters built into the bottom plates that covered the fan opening/belt drive shaft.  From the 1930's.  Old, like me.

Carmine D.

Yes I've seen pics of those Hoovers and suspect that, since TTI now has Vax and Hoover, the idea may be passed on under the Hoover brand here in the U.S. as well.  By the way, if you can handle chores in two houses, you're in no way old.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #3   Jul 1, 2010 4:03 pm
Venson wrote:
Yes I've seen pics of those Hoovers and suspect that, since TTI now has Vax and Hoover, the idea may be passed on under the Hoover brand here in the U.S. as well.  By the way, if you can handle chores in two houses, you're in no way old.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

My recent big win with my daughter is the spare bed room rug which she now claims is the best looking rug of the entire house.  She tells me whenever she sees the Stanley Steemer TV ad with the cleaning man saying: "I could have saved this one" she thinks of me and the spare bedroom rug..........

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42