Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vacing car's interior

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Vacing car's interior
Original Message   Jun 11, 2010 6:29 pm
What vacuum & tools do U use to vacuum out auto interiors?

I use either:

1. Filter Queen 31
    2. Ridgid WD1956
    3. 1950s? Royal metal hand vac
    4. Electrolux 1205
    5. Compact
    6. vac at nearby car wash (mfr unknown)

& tools that I use:

1. Hoover WT Turbo brush (when I use shop vac)
  2. Flex crevice tool
  3. Duster brush (horsehair bristles)
  4. FQ's Mini Pow-R-Nozzle (but I have to plug into ext. cord unless I use my FQ mdl K31X)
  5. Lux combo duster tool (the best duster brush)
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hooverman

Re: Vacing car's interior
Reply #6   Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm
The combo tool I use with the Lux or Compact

FQ Mini PN (only thing I dislike is it can't get under seats  & tight spaces well)

mini attachment set

when I save some $, I'll upgrade to a MD Mini Electric PN

Venson

Reply #7   Jun 14, 2010 1:06 am
The Lux 1205 I have was taking up space so I decided to move it where I keep the car.  Though the car can be vacuumed at the place where I take it to be washed, I did want the option of cleaning it as needed in between.

The Lux's combi-tool for dusting and upholstery is doing just fine and toting the cleaner itself is no big deal.  This arrangement has certainly worked out much cheaper than the Miele $75 turbo tool or the $150 kit.

I can still get into crevices and even better because it has a blower, I can blast out what normally could not be reached by way of suction -- an asset as regards computer care.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #8   Jun 14, 2010 7:11 am
CarmineD wrote:
I don't like the design of the last which I'll call a dual crevice/upholstery tool.  Why?  The long narrow neck coming after the wider cleaning surface upholstery tool is a weak point for clogs.  Looks cutsie but not practical IMHO.

Carmine D.

Carmine D. 

Have you ever tried this tool, Carmine? It hasn't ever clogged in my experience but then again, It has two air outlet rectangular holes on the back walls of the plastic tool to allow for suction to glide on surfaces and less clogging - a factor that Hoover also built into their flat upholstery tools which seldom clog, either. It also has a double bonded centre spine to ensure strength of the material/upholstery tool when it slipped onto the end of it. The K series flat tool is only for the K series, Carmine  - therefore it is a tool that is used on the base 1800 watt motor K series (high suction) cylinder vacs and as such if any dirt should get clogged at least it can be removed easily because of the central spine "dust preventer."
This message was modified Jun 14, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #9   Jun 14, 2010 7:57 am
No I haven't used it.  And I don't plan too.  For the reasons I said. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Jun 14, 2010 1:24 pm
Venson wrote:
The Lux 1205 I have was taking up space so I decided to move it where I keep the car.  Though the car can be vacuumed at the place where I take it to be washed, I did want the option of cleaning it as needed in between.

The Lux's combi-tool for dusting and upholstery is doing just fine and toting the cleaner itself is no big deal.  This arrangement has certainly worked out much cheaper than the Miele $75 turbo tool or the $150 kit.

I can still get into crevices and even better because it has a blower, I can blast out what normally could not be reached by way of suction -- an asset as regards computer care.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I'm not keen on the dual purpose attachments like the upholstery round brush on the luxes going back to the 50's.  If I want to use the upholstery tool, I'll use one.  If I want to use the round brush I'll use a rouind brush.  Crevice tool the same.  I realize it's convenient and cutzie, but give me the old fashioned one tool one use.  Like me, old fashion.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #11   Jun 14, 2010 1:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I'm not keen on the dual purpose attachments like the upholstery round brush on the luxes going back to the 50's.  If I want to use the upholstery tool, I'll use one.  If I want to use the round brush I'll use a rouind brush.  Crevice tool the same.  I realize it's convenient and cutzie, but give me the old fashioned one tool one use.  Like me, old fashion.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I know but its old fashioned too.  It came out with first of the Electrlux tank types more than fifty years ago.  I find Electrolux's combi tool great especially for this kind of thing.  (It also provides one less reason for banging my head getting in and out of the car to get things.)  It's small and concentrates suction well for cleaning the low nap carpet in front and at the back of my wagon.  All I have to do is turn it around to dust off stuff.  Best of all, as I stated prior, its a cheap solution.  The whole used vacuum, PN included, cost less than I woud have had to have paid Miele for its mini turbo tool.

The only thing I don't like is that the Lux tool doesn't have a brush or velcro lint picker but Electrolux upholstery tools never did.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #12   Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
No I haven't used it.  And I don't plan too.  For the reasons I said. 

Carmine D.

Well, please don't assume. Like the personal message you sent me with regards to Oreck's redesigned bag holder..
CarmineD

Reply #13   Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I know but its old fashioned too.  It came out with first of the Electrlux tank types more than fifty years ago.  I find Electrolux's combi tool great especially for this kind of thing.  (It also provides one less reason for banging my head getting in and out of the car to get things.)  It's small and concentrates suction well for cleaning the low nap carpet in front and at the back of my wagon.  All I have to do is turn it around to dust off stuff.  Best of all, as I stated prior, its a cheap solution.  The whole used vacuum, PN included, cost less than I woud have had to have paid Miele for its mini turbo tool.

The only thing I don't like is that the Lux tool doesn't have a brush or velcro lint picker but Electrolux upholstery tools never did.

Venson

Hi Venson:

It's correct to say I'm older than Old fashion. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Well, please don't assume. Like the personal message you sent me with regards to Oreck's redesigned bag holder..

Well if there are slots in the upholstery tool as you say, it appears that my assumption about clogging is correct an accurate concern.  Releasing the full suction [with open slots] of the wider surface upholstery tool would diminish the clogging potential in the narrow neck dirt opening of the crevice tool. 

The only point I think you are referring to is the bag locking/staging bracket on the later models ORECK bags to hold the bag collars securely.  Which I must say work well.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #15   Jun 15, 2010 11:46 am
Well the open slots were designed to make the flat head tool easier to glide; something that most SEBO marketed products do. Their flat mattress tool for example doesn't have any open slots.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42