Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics KompressorŽ Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented KompressorŽ technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 2 - 11 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #2   May 28, 2010 7:12 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi carmine

And the specs on this one are,,,,,, im not sure but i do believe i passed this one at sears..didnt stop to look but noticed it,,,so whats the scoop on this one?

The rap against all bagless is the loose dirt and daily dumping.  Supposedly LG has the solution with its "compression" technology which compacts the dirt and allows more pick up and less bin dumping.  I note the price is already lower at HOME DEPOT from $399 to $359, a 10 percent discount.  I suspect price will come down more too in the current bad economy.  I plan a trip to HD to scope the LG out and if so will post my impressions.  The theory sounds interesting.  But, too often with consumer goods like vacuums the real world usage doesn't match up with the words.

Carmine D.

Technical Specs

• Cord Length: 9m
  • Self Retracting Cord
  • Aluminium Telescopic Wand
  • Stretch Hose
  • BAF Certification
  • Dust Full Indicator
  • Max Power: 2000W
  • Dust Compression System
  • Double Chamber Turbo Cyclone
  • Colour: Blue White Body
  • Power Control: Handle Slide
  • Variable Speed Control
  • HEPA Filter (Carbon H13)
  • Cleaning Reach (Up to 24m)
  • Dust Container: Dust Compression with Rotor Blade
  • Dust Capacity: 2.2L (when compressed up to 9 L)
  • Dust Level Indicator
  • On Board Tool Storage
  • Nozzles (Included): Carpet & Floor Nozzle (NZ66)
  • Dimensions (WxDxH): 290 x 492 x 338mm
  • Weight: 6.5kg
  • Warranty: 2 Years

Also:

Specifications

• Assembled Depth (In Inches) 15.15 In.
  • Assembled Height (In Inches) 36.8
  • Assembled Weight (In LBS) 27.5 Lbs.
  • Assembled Width (In Inches) 12.5
  • Country of Origin South Korea
  • CSA Certified Yes
  • Item Depth 43.3 In. 
  • Item Height 16.3 In. 
  • Item Weight 22 Lbs.
  • Item Width 14.6 In. 

Warranty

5 Year Parts and Labour. For more details please

There appears to be a contradiction on the warranty: 2 years and 5 years.  Also SEARS on-line does not list the LG kompressor 300 yet. 

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #3   May 28, 2010 12:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The rap against all bagless is the loose dirt and daily dumping.  Supposedly LG has the solution with its "compression" technology which compacts the dirt and allows more pick up and less bin dumping.  I note the price is already lower at HOME DEPOT from $399 to $359, a 10 percent discount.  I suspect price will come down more too in the current bad economy.  I plan a trip to HD to scope the LG out and if so will post my impressions.  The theory sounds interesting.  But, too often with consumer goods like vacuums the real world usage doesn't match up with the words.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I'm wondering if they've gotten their act together at LG with this new model.  The first Kompressors, canisters caught flack from Which magazine I believe.  Following is a link to a 2007 article from Gizmodo.com.  Two links to YouTube videos also follow.

http://gizmodo.com/253971/lg-compressor-vacuum-really-really-really-sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH15LCtzbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAEPUvoSFp8&NR=1

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #4   May 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I'm wondering if they've gotten their act together at LG with this new model.  The first Kompressors, canisters caught flack from Which magazine I believe.  Following is a link to a 2007 article from Gizmodo.com.  Two links to YouTube videos also follow.

http://gizmodo.com/253971/lg-compressor-vacuum-really-really-really-sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH15LCtzbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAEPUvoSFp8&NR=1

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for links and videos.  I hjave several reservations about compressing dirt and allowing to remain in the bin for long periods.  1.  Odors.  2.  Added weight of the motor needed to activate the bin lever to compress the dirt. 3.  Added burden on motor to filter air through the compressed dirt packs.  4.  The effect of number 3 on motor heat/degradation over time.  5.  The effect of 3. and 4. on suction power, notwithstanding the 2000 watt motor.

Having said this I opine that the compression feature MIGHT serve well in a commercial cleaning environment and usage, if the above technical difficulties could be minimized.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #5   May 28, 2010 7:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Thanks for links and videos.  I hjave several reservations about compressing dirt and allowing to remain in the bin for long periods.  1.  Odors.  2.  Added weight of the motor needed to activate the bin lever to compress the dirt. 3.  Added burden on motor to filter air through the compressed dirt packs.  4.  The effect of number 3 on motor heat/degradation over time.  5.  The effect of 3. and 4. on suction power, notwithstanding the 2000 watt motor.

Having said this I opine that the compression feature MIGHT serve well in a commercial cleaning environment and usage, if the above technical difficulties could be minimized.

Carmine D.

2000 watts of power is quite impressive to say the least.....one would think . but i am curious as to the lift and cfm that this unit can produce with its wattage/power....
odors are and will always be a problem in the cyclones of the bagless vacs......i would think that with proper airflow/ventilation that the 2000 watts would be cooled dwn....

turtle

procare

Reply #6   May 28, 2010 11:09 pm
Looking at the wattage is telling me that something is amiss. In the U.S. the maximum amperage a cleaner can have with the exception of central vacuums that have their own seperate outlet  for electricity is 12 amps. The max 2000 wattage is equal to 16.6 amps. The regular outlet is 15 amps.
Venson

Reply #7   May 29, 2010 1:59 am
I think the 2000 watts has to do with LG's European Kompressor 220-volt mocels.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #8   May 29, 2010 6:52 am
Venson wrote:
I think the 2000 watts has to do with LG's European Kompressor 220-volt mocels.

Venson

Venson, Procare:

I think you're right.

Carmine D.

Product specification :

General

Vacuum TypeUpright

Warranty

Warranty Information5 Year Limited Warranty

More Info

URLLG Electronics LuV300B Kompressor Blue Upright Vacuum

Detailed Info

Amperage (amps)12 A
Cleaning Path14.5 in
Power Cord Length40 ft
Weight22 lbs

Features

HEPA FilterYes
Attachment FeaturesBrush|Crevice Tool|Upholstery Nozzle

Here is a link from the above URL that features a slide show of the LG Kompressor models.  BTW note the 3 suction adjustments on the handle grip with finger tip controls. 

http://www.lg.com/us/vacuum/index.jsp#/300

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 29, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 330B
Reply #9   May 30, 2010 3:03 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi carmine

And the specs on this one are,,,,,, im not sure but i do believe i passed this one at sears..didnt stop to look but noticed it,,,so whats the scoop on this one?

B-I-N-G-O.  You were right turtle.  In the SEARS MEMORIAL DAY NEWS PAPER supplements.  $399.  Home Depot is offering for the same price PLUS a 10 percent MEMORIAL DAY SALE discount.  $359

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #10   May 31, 2010 8:10 am
Turtle:

SEARS has the LG Kompressor 300B on line now for a discount of $120 at $329.  Beats the Home Depot sale price for Memorial Day.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 31, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #11   Jun 2, 2010 1:05 pm
Point of mention, CR has already rated the LG LuV200 and LuV300 and given both high performance scores.  However, from what I scanned, there appears to be no mention as to the worthiness of the dirt compression feature.

Venson

This message was modified Jun 2, 2010 by Venson
Replies: 2 - 11 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42