Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Original Message   May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

LG Electronics Kompressor® Plus  $399 at HOME DEPOT

Description

Pick Up More, Empty Less. LG is introducing its first ever line of vacuums in the U.S. Market. LG patented Kompressor® technology utilizes the world's first motorized compression system and a larger bin to compress the dust intake to hold more household dust than non-compressor models.

This has been talked about here and appears to have finally made it to the USA market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 70 - 79 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: LG Electronics Kompressor Plus 300B
Reply #70   Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
SEARS is advertising and selling this LG for $199 on Thanksgiving Day and Friday after.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Yes, I saw it the other day. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Sears usually asks more than $320.00.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #71   Nov 26, 2010 7:40 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Yes, I saw it the other day. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Sears usually asks more than $320.00.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Then SEARS sellng new DC14 for $219, a 50 percent discount, must have knocked you out!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #72   Nov 26, 2010 8:41 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Then SEARS sellng new DC14 for $219, a 50 percent discount, must have knocked you out!

Carmine D.

Hiya,

Hiya,

You bet it astounds me. I still can't get my head around why Sears just doesn't adjust its everyday prices to more attractive levels. However in regard to the DC14, maybe they are merely trying to deplete their stock for that model? They're carrying the DC28 and other more current standard and ball models.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #73   Nov 26, 2010 8:56 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya,

Hiya,

You bet it astounds me. I still can't get my head around why Sears just doesn't adjust its everyday prices to more attractive levels. However in regard to the DC14, maybe they are merely trying to deplete their stock for that model? They're carrying the DC28 and other more current standard and ball models.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Yes indeed.  Lowes selling dysons at 30 percent off of MSRP.  Bed Bath and Beyond at 25 percent off.  DC24 at $ $299.  DC25 Animal $399.  DC28 $449.  If I recall correctly so is Target at 35 percent off.  How low can they go!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #74   Dec 3, 2010 8:40 am
Carmine, et al, You're gonna love this. Madison Avenue big gun Young & Rubicam has picked up the gauntlet on behalf of the LG Kompressor vacs. http://www.adweek.com/aw/creative/ad-of-the-day/article_display.jsp?creativeId=274770 Venson
CarmineD

Reply #75   Dec 3, 2010 8:49 am
Venson wrote:
Carmine, et al, You're gonna love this. Madison Avenue big gun Young & Rubicam has picked up the gauntlet on behalf of the LG Kompressor vacs. http://www.adweek.com/aw/creative/ad-of-the-day/article_display.jsp?creativeId=274770 Venson

I luv it!  Beats the king size bed bugs one bagless maker use to use years ago.  My 4 grand daughters will enjoy this video too.

BTW, I note that most big box retailers are selling the LG 300-B for $350 before discounts.  A decent price.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #76   Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm
LG Web Site is updated with all 3 uprights: 200, 300 and 400. 

http://www.lg.com/us/vacuum/index.jsp?s_kwcid=TC|14107|vacuum%20ratings|www.abbysguide.com|C|b|7115294384

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #77   Jan 24, 2011 8:33 am
BEST BUY stores is advertising and selling the LG 200 upright [with auto cord rewind] on sale this week for $250.  A $50 savings from MSRP.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #78   Jan 24, 2011 11:17 am
To anyone who has used the LG vacuum, how does it compare to Dyson products?  Is it a good copy or is it a clunker?  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #79   Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm
Severus wrote:
To anyone who has used the LG vacuum, how does it compare to Dyson products?  Is it a good copy or is it a clunker?  

Hi Severus,

There's no copying going on. I actually have both the LuV200 and LuV300 in my possession. The high-end LuV400 is basically the same cleaner but has a couple more bells and whistles plus more attachments.

I feel the best in show is the LuV300 which has a decent attachment set-up though it sacrifices a cordwinder that offers 30 feet of cord for a 40-foot cord that you must rewind by hand. As I'm pleased at not having to worry over spots where I can plug in every 20 feet or so of travel, to me that's no big deal though it may be a tragedy to some.

The LG vertical cyclonic system is blessedly simpler and easy to maintain. A foam pre-filter is at the frontlines and, as long as the cylonics are not compromised does a good job. LG suggests that it be checked every three months and rinsed out under plain, cool tap water if need be. LG also supplies two with each machine so should one need cleaning a fresh one can be used in its place. The HEPA is the same -- just pop it out rinse it out under the tap and put it back when dry.

The cleaners weigh 22 pounds but feel less flimsy that most of the Dysons I've tried and best of all they clean well. The "300" model incorporates its hose handle, wand and turbo tool for guiding and steering the machine for upright use. The parts come off the machine with just the press of a button and you're good to go above the floor.

Suction is quite impressive and as always I'm in the process of discovering how mean you can be to this cleaner. Thus far I've been pleasantly surprised. I'd go just about anywhere with this machine and anticipate a job well done.

As for value, the only Dyson comparable to it would be the DC28 that lists at 600 bucks. However, regarding price points laid against features offered (two speeds, height adjustment, remote switch, more convenient attachment use), as far as I'm concerned the LG LuV300 leave's Uncle Jimmy's DC28 -- pardon the pun -- in the dust.

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Jan 24, 2011 by Venson
Replies: 70 - 79 of 79Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42