Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > KEVIN COSTNER PROPOSES GULF CLEAN UP

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

KEVIN COSTNER PROPOSES GULF CLEAN UP
Original Message   May 21, 2010 7:54 pm
The famous actor says a combination centrifuge and vacuum cleaner is the answer to the gulf dilemma.  Separates and removes 99 percent of the oil from the water and releases the clean/filtered water back into the gulf.  Wonder if BP, EPA, DHS, Army Corps of Engineers and President Obama will agree and proceed with his suggestion.

Carmine D.

Replies: 17 - 26 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: KEVIN COSTNER PROPOSES GULF CLEAN UP
Reply #17   Jun 16, 2010 1:14 pm
Where is the discussion of vacuum cleaners in this thread?

Mike W.
Lucky1

Reply #18   Jun 17, 2010 12:30 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Where is the discussion of vacuum cleaners in this thread?

Mike W.

Maybe you can find what your looking for if you try re-reading the whole thread. You can miss a lot if you don't.
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #19   Jun 17, 2010 1:26 pm
Stephen;

I do know the topic of this thread.  If it is about vacuum cleaners, it is "The famous actor says a combination centrifuge and vacuum cleaner......."  Discuss this vacuum and not how good/bad the President is, how someone feels about Sarah Palin, Fords, Toyotas, Religion, sexuality, etc.

Keep the discussion on vacuum cleaners,  because that is what this forum is about.  Things can/do happen for the worse, so it is important that we try to keep in one direction.

My post is not up for discussion, but is to let you know to keep on topic.

Mike W.
This message was modified Jun 17, 2010 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #20   Jun 17, 2010 1:37 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Stephen;

I do know the topic of this thread.  If it is about vacuum cleaners, it is "The famous actor says a combination centrifuge and vacuum cleaner......."  Discuss this vacuum and not how good/bad the President is, how someone feels about Sarah Palin, Fords, Toyotas, Religion, sexuality, etc.

Keep the discussion on vacuum cleaners,  because that is what this forum is about.  Things can/do happen for the worse, so it is important that we try to keep in one direction.

My post is not up for discussion, but is to let you know to keep on topic.

Mike W.

Mike W.

As the moderator, what do you think about an underwater vacuum[s] that can collect the spewing oil.  Seems if a non-vacuum man like Kevin Costner can invent a vacuum for above water clean up of oil, the US government, oil Corps and a few vacuum companies, if they put their heads together, can vacuum up that oil underwater.  What do you think Mike?  Any opinion on the vacuums to use for this and the procedures needed?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 17, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #21   Jun 20, 2010 1:12 pm
3 of Costner's vacuums have been deployed to the Gulf and working well.  About 30 more to come.

On capping the well head, BP says the latest is a cap head that is forced over the gusher with a vacuum seal that will prevent blowback/blowoff.  It appears to work similar to the rubber motor bonnet gasket/halo on the old lux 30 motors.  Not rocket science. 

There is no doubt that all can do better to cap the well head and extract the oil from the water a mile under water.  No one cares except the locals and they don't have access and wherewithal to the means and money to do the job.  Sad.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #22   Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm
CarmineD wrote:
3 of Costner's vacuums have been deployed to the Gulf and working well.  About 30 more to come.

On capping the well head, BP says the latest is a cap head that is forced over the gusher with a vacuum seal that will prevent blowback/blowoff.  It appears to work similar to the rubber motor bonnet gasket/halo on the old lux 30 motors.  Not rocket science. 

There is no doubt that all can do better to cap the well head and extract the oil from the water a mile under water.  No one cares except the locals and they don't have access and wherewithal to the means and money to do the job.  Sad.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Happy Papa's Day.  Are there any online images of Costner's vacuum?  I've been looking everywhere but don't seem to find any. 

More than just the locals should care as there is such a thing as fallout and stuff like this is definitely not guaranteed to stay in one place.  However, I guess the fallout factor was in mind when BP was "convinced" to put the 20 billion in escrow.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #23   Jun 20, 2010 9:07 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Happy Papa's Day.  Are there any online images of Costner's vacuum?  I've been looking everywhere but don't seem to find any. 

More than just the locals should care as there is such a thing as fallout and stuff like this is definitely not guaranteed to stay in one place.  However, I guess the fallout factor was in mind when BP was "convinced" to put the 20 billion in escrow.

Venson

Thank you, Sir.

If i find a good photo, I'll post.  I've seen the vacuums in test stage and in usage.  They're enclosed in open framed pipe cylinders and located on top of the vessals with inbound and outbound hoses for the oil/water collected and cleaned.  Quite simple in design and function, tho Costner spent millions to develop.  The unused/new vacuums are stored in Las vegas.

$20 Billion is the BP profit for each of the last 3 years of operation.  Nice round figure.  But no doubt will be more when all is over.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm
The latest on COSTNER'S clean up machine in the Gulf.  A glimmer of hope for thr future.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts2851

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Jul 9, 2010 7:40 am
First a water vacuum now a sand vacuum.  About the size of a 5 ton cab and trailer truck. It vacuums up the contaminated sand, cleans and filters out the oil, and returns the clean sand to the shores and beaches. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #26   Nov 12, 2010 3:14 pm
Hi,

If we are to keep on going about big-time digging for oil we need all the ideas we can come up with in case of new spills and/or accidents.

Per the following article from Science Daily, students of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology have put their thinking caps on. They just may be going to the bank with the idea as well.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101111101408.htm

Their "spill" vacuum is designed to first blow bark onto an oil spill and then vacuum it up. It's reported to be quite effective.

Venson
This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by Venson
Replies: 17 - 26 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42