Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?
Original Message   Dec 12, 2009 4:23 pm
Shark is going after the Dyson Ball pretty hard with the Navigator product.  It claims no loss of suction and claims its just as easy to maneuver as the Dyson Ball.  After acknowledging Dyson as the first to offer no loss of suction, they go for the throat.  They do a direct comparison to a Dyson Ball and state that they are equal in all ways (easy to maneuver, no loss of suction, 5 year warranty) but price.  For less than $200 you can get a Shark Navigator with a free steam cleaner thrown in to boot. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 118 - 127 of 157Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Re: Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?
Reply #118   May 3, 2010 11:52 am
HARDSELL wrote:
One Hoover fan told us that at least a half dozen Hoovers would be the demise of Dyson.  He also said that CR ratings and Wal Mart pulling Dyson from shelves would be the demise of Dyson.  One Dyson user disagreed with you.  Hoover failed and sold out.  Dyson sales are good to excellent despite CR.  Hoover USA flopped.  CR and the biased Hoover fan hasn't stopped Dyson's success.  Oh, the Hoover fan had to find another brand.

In 8 years Hoover, CR and a relic haven't slowed Dyson.

Hardsell,

I beg to differ.  CR ratings for the Dyson are NOT bad.  In fact, for the most part they score "very good."   Certainly, the lightweight uprights might have slipped into the "good range" 41-60, but the full size Dysons generally score in the "very good" range of 61 to 80.   Way too much is made of the rankings - which depend a lot on which vacuums are included and excluded. 

This message was modified May 3, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #119   May 3, 2010 1:17 pm
Nutshell Hardsell:

You're taking this much to personal.  This is business and product pros and cons not personal.  Talking about getting personal, have you had to get up close and personal with all the rain lately?  Saw a bunch of toyota and lexus vehicles on the news stranded in water in your neck of the woods and had to wonder if the owners deliberately let them to sink.

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #120   May 3, 2010 1:23 pm
Severus wrote:
Hardsell,

I beg to differ.  CR ratings for the Dyson are NOT bad.  In fact, for the most part they score "very good."   Certainly, the lightweight uprights might have slipped into the "good range" 41-60, but the full size Dysons generally score in the "very good" range of 61 to 80.   Way too much is made of the rankings - which depend a lot on which vacuums are included and excluded. 

Dyson reliability ratings have been very good.  Of course, it's really been just the last 4 years of the 8 and CR may just be catching up with the vacuum problems in their customer surveys. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #121   May 3, 2010 11:15 pm
Severus wrote:
Hardsell,

Carmine is the one who constantly claims that Dyson rates poorly with Clown Reports.  I have never supported CR rankings.  They are a joke.  Who else would give top billing to a passenger van simply because it had more cup holders thatn the others?  Their ratings of home theater/stereo components is a bigger joke. 
HARDSELL

Reply #122   May 3, 2010 11:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Nutshell Hardsell:

You're taking this much to personal.  This is business and product pros and cons not personal.  Talking about getting personal, have you had to get up close and personal with all the rain lately?  Saw a bunch of toyota and lexus vehicles on the news stranded in water in your neck of the woods and had to wonder if the owners deliberately let them to sink.

Carmine D. 

If not personal how could I call you out?  I expected you to twist on the ropes after being knocked on you ash again.

How did you identify the vehicles when only the roof was visible?  Dyson must have punched you too hard again.

Local sources reported that an old geezer in an Explorer caused the problem.  When rescued he  said that he thought his vehicle would float because it was full of hot air and balloons fly when filled with hot air.  The Lexus and Toyotas went in to rescue the old coot and the water rose suddenly. 

HARDSELL

Reply #123   May 3, 2010 11:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dyson reliability ratings have been very good.  Of course, it's really been just the last 4 years of the 8 and CR may just be catching up with the vacuum problems in their customer surveys. 

Carmine D.

So you are admitting that you were wrong prior to Severus telling the whole truth.
CarmineD

Reply #124   May 4, 2010 7:13 am
Nutsell Hardshell:

You've been sniffing that dyson dysolv too much.  Turning your peanut brain to nut dust.  Can't have it both ways on CR HS.  Can't call it out for bad choices and then brag about dyson's reliability ratings from it.  One or the other.  Make up your mind.  BTW, HOOVER gets 6 out of the 10 top upright spots.  Dyson gets zero.  Notta.  After 8 years and as many models dyson can't get one of its products in the top 10.  Breaks your dyson heart don't it.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #125   May 4, 2010 3:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Nutsell Hardshell:

You've been sniffing that dyson dysolv too much.  Turning your peanut brain to nut dust.  Can't have it both ways on CR HS.  Can't call it out for bad choices and then brag about dyson's reliability ratings from it.  One or the other.  Make up your mind.  BTW, HOOVER gets 6 out of the 10 top upright spots.  Dyson gets zero.  Notta.  After 8 years and as many models dyson can't get one of its products in the top 10.  Breaks your dyson heart don't it.

Carmine D.

Like I said before.  CR ratings are a joke.  Hoover got good ratings and still went busted.  Bet ol James is glad CR left him out and did not have negative impact on Dyson sales.

Satisfied Dyson customers have sold more vacs than Clown Reports.

Get over it.  Hoover exists only in brand name. 

Venson

Reply #126   May 4, 2010 4:15 pm
Well gang, no matter what you think of the Navigator -- I sold one today.  The only problem with the sale is that there goes another commision -- Costco hasn't hired me yet . . .

Though I came in for trash bags and spaghetti, I went to check out the vacuum aisle as usual and stopped not so much because there was anything new but because someone had finally unboxed one of the Navigators and left it out for display.  There was also a lady standing there looking at it so I took the machine down from the shelf (four feet off the floor) so we both could have a better look at it.  Even though we couldn't plug it in, naturally, I got to running my mouth and showed her how to use the hose, how the machine emptied and where the filters and cyclonic module were.

Regarding that matter, I took special care to inform her that though the Navigator is bagless the filters and the cyclonics module would require washing as needed.  A real surprise for me was that when I removed the container that holds the filter(s) I hadn't realized that not one but three layers of thick foam were in place. She's an apartment dweller and should be fine.  I won't lay this all on expertise -- teh price for the Navigator at my Costco was $160.  It proved quite a tempting choice against the $400 Dyson and the $298 Oreck set.  The only thing cheaper was the Hoover Dura at $134 but it was left out on display completely disheveled.

Venson

HARDSELL

Reply #127   May 4, 2010 4:24 pm
Venson wrote:
Well gang, no matter what you think of the Navigator -- I sold one today.  The only problem with the sale is that there goes another commision -- Costco hasn't hired me yet . . .

Though I came in for trash bags and spaghetti, I went to check out the vacuum aisle as usual and stopped not so much because there was anything new but because someone had finally unboxed one of the Navigators and left it out for display.  There was also a lady standing there looking at it so I took the machine down from the shelf (four feet off the floor) so we both could have a better look at it.  Even though we couldn't plug it in, naturally, I got to running my mouth and showed her how to use the hose, how the machine emptied and where the filters and cyclonic module were.

Regarding that matter, I took special care to inform her that though the Navigator is bagless the filters and the cyclonics module would require washing as needed.  A real surprise for me was that when I removed the container that holds the filter(s) I hadn't realized that not one but three layers of thick foam were in place. She's an apartment dweller and should be fine.  I won't lay this all on expertise -- teh price for the Navigator at my Costco was $160.  It proved quite a tempting choice against the $400 Dyson and the $298 Oreck set.  The only thing cheaper was the Hoover Dura at $134 but it was left out on display completely disheveled.

Venson

It seems that they are preparing for a lot of dust getting to the filter.
Replies: 118 - 127 of 157Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42