Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

DTD vacuums
Original Message   Apr 19, 2010 10:51 pm
What vacuums can I sell DTD?  I'm considering either TriStar or Filter Queen since I use & own both & think they're the best.  I used to be a Rainbow service ctr until a few yrs back & got tired of getting a lot of Rainbows with bearing/motor problems.  My dad will NOT empty the water basin & always stored the power unit on top of basin with dirty water; being a Rainbow repairman myself was a PAIN.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Lucky1

Re: DTD vacuums
Reply #1   Apr 20, 2010 12:19 pm
hooverman wrote:
What vacuums can I sell DTD?  I'm considering either TriStar or Filter Queen since I use & own both & think they're the best.  I used to be a Rainbow service ctr until a few yrs back & got tired of getting a lot of Rainbows with bearing/motor problems.  My dad will NOT empty the water basin & always stored the power unit on top of basin with dirty water; being a Rainbow repairman myself was a PAIN.

SEBO is going MLM in the next month or two. Dealers have the option to buy into it or stay the same. I am not subscribing to that plan but LMK if you want a hook up and I'll TRY to find who is doing that program in your area.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #2   Apr 20, 2010 3:17 pm
hooverman wrote:

You are certainly a brute for punishment if you want to be a door to door (DTD) vacuum salesman.  The dreams and allure of quick wealth are rarely realized among DTD salespersons.  Your friends and relatives will soon spurn you and avoid contact at all costs to avoid being pressured to buy products that they don't want.  Couldn't you pick a more honorable profession like a used car salesman, tax collector, ogre, or politician?  
This message was modified Apr 20, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
retardturtle1

Reply #3   Apr 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Severus wrote:
You are certainly a brute for punishment if you want to be a door to door (DTD) vacuum salesman.  The dreams and allure of quick wealth are rarely realized among DTD salespersons.  Your friends and relatives will soon spurn you and avoid contact at all costs to avoid being pressured to buy products that they don't want.  Couldn't you pick a more honorable profession like a used car salesman, tax collector, ogre, or policitician?  

Hi Severus

Didnt know they [dtd] were still around anymore......guess thats one of the benefits of a gated community.

When i was a kid if a dtd salesmen was in the neighborhood.....your neighbors called with the heads up not to answer the door....

pretty sad when your friends and or relatives wont answer the door when they see you coming...guess some are a glutton for punishment

or wide eyed dreamers........it is said we all have a purpose in this world.....but a DTD salesmen?

turtle

procare

Reply #4   Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm
Turle,

DTD sales is still around as I am in that line. Nothing wrong with it as long as you remember - THE CUSTOMER  IS # 1 not you.. You provide a Service to that CUSTOMER.  PROVIDE SERVICE AFTER THE SALE, DON"T , I REPEAT DON'T JAM YOUR PRODUCT DOWN THE CUSTOMER'S THROAT. If you go 50 miles to get your sale , go the 50 miles back to take care of your CUSTOMER after the sale for bags , service -be it warranty or after the warranty runs out.  You will have CUSTOMER LOYALTY and the way in to the neighbors and friends of your CUSTOMER.   THAT IS HOW YOU GROW A BUSINESS AND HAVE A CAREER.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42