Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Verilux CleanWave UV-C Sanitizing Furniture and bed Vac

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Verilux CleanWave UV-C Sanitizing Furniture and bed Vac
Original Message   Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am
Costco has started carrying the Verilux cleanwave uv-c sanitizing furniture and bed vac.   Interesting salespitch for the truly germophobic.  Does anyone know if Martha Stewart has one?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11531400&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|4716|78429&N=4034674&Mo=6&pos=4&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=78429&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC24713-Cat4716&topnav=

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Venson

Re: Verilux CleanWave UV-C Sanitizing Furniture and bed Vac
Reply #1   Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm
Severus wrote:
Costco has started carrying the Verilux cleanwave uv-c sanitizing furniture and bed vac.   Interesting salespitch for the truly germophobic.  Does anyone know if Martha Stewart has one?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11531400&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|4716|78429&N=4034674&Mo=6&pos=4&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=78429&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC24713-Cat4716&topnav=

Hi Severus,

I think it's more pie in te sky but here's a link to its user manual:

http://www.verilux.com/ADV_Upload/images/tab_prod/VH07-Man-Rev8-1_1.pdf

For all the claims that advertiser's have been taken to task for, I can't fathom why terms like "germ free home" are not just out and out verboten.

The web page is here:

http://www.verilux.com/uv-products/uvc-sanitizing-furniture-bed-vac

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Apr 15, 2010 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #2   Apr 16, 2010 6:30 am
Interestingly, the product promo even references the H1N1 virus for potential buyers/users.

Martha was not allowed to take any vacuums along for her prison confines.  But I heard if she were, it would have been an iRobot. 

Carmine D.

adamlau

Reply #3   Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm
No, no, no....The Verilux VH07WW1 takes forever and a day to sanitize anything owing to its low surface area coverage. Same goes for the stand-alone DeGERM-inator sans vacuum. Dwell time of 7 seconds is recommended, with 1-2 seconds as a bare minimum. I am not a mysophobe, but rather a gadget guy and have owned both units within the past year. UVC sanitizers typically necessitate the use of eye and skin protection due to undesired UVC gained off stray reflections and I became weary of having the room cleared of people and having to don sunglasses just to sterilize bedding and stuffed animals. And this is aside from the fact UV exposure can accelerate the degradation of fabrics. If you do not have the means to steam your furniture, or bedding, it is better to look towards the big boys in the UV sterilization field. The high-powered Steril-Aire SterilWand, or the American Ultraviolet UVC Blade are considered top choices.
This message was modified Mar 21, 2011 by adamlau

vacmanuk

Reply #4   Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm
TABLE OF CONTENT

This is the Ewbank Raycop = we had it in the UK for some time but it is heavy and awkard to say the least. I lifted one in a store and felt very awkward just by physically lifting it. I doubt these UVA things actually work. About the only delight in testing a bagless vacuum is doing your mattress with the cover still on - you'll be shocked at the amount of beige brown dust that forms in the canister - a bit like brown thin baby powder to the feel. Eventually do my bedding with all my bagged vacuums once a month and the turbo brush tools have edge corners caked of the dust - just as with turbo brushes fitted to bagless machines.
Trebor

Reply #5   Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Nothing can surpass Kirby in the deep cleaning hand portable configuration for cleaning mattresses. In a single cleaning multiple pounds of debris can be removed.
adamlau

Reply #6   Mar 21, 2011 2:53 am
UVC certainly works, the efficacy of which is determined by output and dwell time, of which smaller handheld units typically fail to address. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Handbook is the definitive UVC tome and the primary resource I consult when specifying UVC kits for HVAC systems.
This message was modified Mar 21, 2011 by adamlau

vacmanuk

Reply #7   Mar 21, 2011 4:18 am
adamlau wrote:
UVC certainly works, the efficacy of which is determined by output and dwell time, of which smaller handheld units typically fail to address. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Handbook is the definitive UVC tome and the primary resource I consult when specifying UVC kits for HVAC systems.

Yes but running a suction only hand held over a mattress isn't as deep cleaning as a main size vacuum cleaner - you can see the dirt in the canister and the Raycop model in particular - plus a lot of these hand helds are not suitably powerful enough on suction alone.
adamlau

Reply #8   Mar 22, 2011 2:42 am
Agreed. Best bet is a a good vacuuming followed by a good steaming.

vacmanuk

Reply #9   Mar 23, 2011 7:43 am
adamlau wrote:
Agreed. Best bet is a a good vacuuming followed by a good steaming.

Ah but it can't be any old steam cleaner that does the steaming. In the UK the professional cleaning companies use a machine that steams at a low pressure and then sucks the dirt out. Domestic steam cleaners can oversteam leaving the fabric too damp. Its more of a dry steam that needs to be done rather than constant wet.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42