Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Incredible new Bosch vacuums.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Incredible new Bosch vacuums.
Original Message   Apr 13, 2010 12:16 pm
Look at these gems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBxAE1FWyU Seem to get good reviews, too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-BSG8PRO1GB-Cylinder-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B001E5CBRU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1271175245&sr=1-6 Does anybody here have any personal experience with Bosch? Are they Made in Germany? I do believe these new machines are, like Bosch's REAL products; not their somewhat decent but simply re-badged bagless upright that was supposedly a Vax and Dirt Devil re-name. Not even sure if that's true. But anyways check out that new bagless machine. A German-Made bagless?! This should be sweet. That new technology looks very interesting, too :D Ten year motor warranty, as well. Very impressive!
Replies: 33 - 42 of 42Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Incredible new Bosch vacuums.
Reply #33   Dec 15, 2010 1:25 pm
Venson wrote:
  As well, for good or ill, disposable bags in the U.S. were definitely intended to be used once and then tossed.  They are a great convenience of course but disposable bags also appear to be and have been the vac industry's way of maintaining connection with end-users -- and their money. (Forgive me, I've been reading Noam Chomsky.'s Manufacturing Consent.) Due to replacement likelihood, disposable bags -- replaceable belts and two types of required filters -- generate far more continuing revenue than replacements for permanent bags.

I've heard this over & over and even heard that from Oreck to get dealers to buy into their system, yet, I see little evidence that this this where dealers make the real money. So far in this business I need Vac Sales, Repairs, Parts and consumables to survive.

Venson

Reply #34   Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm
"I've heard this over & over and even heard that from Oreck to get dealers to buy into their system, yet, I see little evidence that this this where dealers make the real money. So far in this business I need Vac Sales, Repairs, Parts and consumables to survive."

Hi Lucky1,

Read me again.  What I meant to say was that branded vacuum consumables -- recommended bags, belts, filters only attainable through vac makers -- keep extra revenue coming in for vac makers and in a fashion keeps end-users bound to the company long term, if they make relatively durable machinery.  My error may have been using "the industry"  instead of "manufacturers" to best describe the entities I was referring to. 

No reference to independent vendors was intended.  That's a whole other ball game. For the 20 bucks I may spend on a pack of Miele high-end bags I have no idea at all how much resellers make.  I am told it's not much but I do intend to find out for myself by hook or crook one of these days. Nonetheless, that keeps myself and the guys who sold me my unit linked up with Miele for the length of time I'll own my machines.     

Venson

This message was modified Dec 15, 2010 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #35   Dec 16, 2010 7:23 am
Venson wrote:
You're very lucky.  Most households have and can only afford one vacuum and rely on it for all related tasks.  Miele loses points by way of its pricing in general and there'll never be a way that it will convince me that the cost of manufacture and shipping of bags from wherever they're made amounts any where near the $19.00 and change (before sales tax) that's being asked here.  I seldom spend that much on a shirt.

But that's the way of the world I guess.  Can you believe that smokers here in New York now actually pay $7.00 to $10.00 per pack for cigarettes?  You'd think they'd quit but they don't.  They may groan a bit about it but in the end they meet the price and keep puffing.  I can't say that the increasing cost of an addiction makes a good comparison but I assume Miele expects somewhat the same result once its hooked a sale.  "You went out and bought the thing so what are you gonna do?"

The only way that will change is when and if other manufacturers start offering better deals.

Venson

Ah but you guys have somethings tougher and easier than we UK citizens! You have different levels of payable healthcare - we dont - we have a free service that is nothing next to hopeless and then private care that is similar to your Blue cross system.

We don't have our credit cards linked to our drivers licenses.

As for cigarettes, a 20 pack here costs on average the same as $10.

Your car prices and household appliance costs are usually cheaper too!

UK consumers have only just got into buying two vacuums. Ironically, it seems to be a trait by DYSON OWNERS who have been let down. Or more to the point, they can't be ars** to wash the filter to de-clog the pipes when it all goes wrong. In Miele's advertising UK brochures (before they went from paper to online pdf. formats) the wording for the "The Alternative," stick vac model (S140 - S160) carried the marketing line "suitable as a second cleaner for the home," which often provoked the thoughts of UK buyers.
This message was modified Dec 16, 2010 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #36   Dec 17, 2010 6:43 pm
I've just ordered the Professional series Bosch vac a couple of days ago. I'll let you know how I get on; it's the dark grey / BSGL5PROGB model that has been given a Best Buy from Which UK Consumer Magazine.

Bosch BSGL5PROGB Home Professional Vacuum Cleaner
CarmineD

Reply #37   Dec 20, 2010 7:21 am
vacmanuk wrote:
I've just ordered the Professional series Bosch vac a couple of days ago. I'll let you know how I get on; it's the dark grey / BSGL5PROGB model that has been given a Best Buy from Which UK Consumer Magazine.

Bosch BSGL5PROGB Home Professional Vacuum Cleaner

Danke schone Vacmanuk, would like to know more.  Curious too if the new Bosch canister has an auto cord winder.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #38   Dec 21, 2010 8:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Danke schone Vacmanuk, would like to know more.  Curious too if the new Bosch canister has an auto cord winder.

Carmine D.

The Bosch canister does have an auto cord winder - similar to SEBO"s K range - pull the cord once you're finished and it rewinds back in.

However, all I'm going to say is that it looks better than it goes. Review soon!
CarmineD

Reply #39   Dec 22, 2010 6:29 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The Bosch canister does have an auto cord winder - similar to SEBO"s K range - pull the cord once you're finished and it rewinds back in.

However, all I'm going to say is that it looks better than it goes. Review soon!

Thanks for the info on the auto rewind.  Seems like most new canns are going that route.  Even ups.  From the pic, the Bosch looks like a large version of a computer mouse.  Or a modern looking Compact/Interstate vacuum. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #40   Dec 30, 2010 9:00 am
Review now showing!
CarmineD

Reply #41   Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Review now showing!

Hello VacmanUK:

Thanks for the Bosch Pro review.  What is the warranty?

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #42   Dec 30, 2010 2:00 pm
Unbelievably, the warranty is only for 2 years. Then you have to buy an extra 5 years which Bosch aren't giving away "free".
Replies: 33 - 42 of 42Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42