Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Speaking of pricing . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Speaking of pricing . . .
Original Message   Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am
I just noticed that Sears has maybe three  new uprights that are a little similar to some new Panasonic models.  But what I notice most is that they range in price from $200 to about $250.  I took note of this because Sears went full steam regarding pricing on the Intuition canister and I'm curious as to why they suddenly seem to be pulling back on prices.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Venson

Re: Speaking of pricing . . .
Reply #1   Apr 12, 2010 1:03 am
Hi guys,

I should really go to bed.  My prior post was in error in the sense the new Kenmore upright is not quite as similar as I'd recalled to the Panasonic . In any event the Panasonic's suggested price is $800 and Sears is only asking $200 for its machine.

This is the new Kenmore

This is the Panasonic.

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #2   Apr 12, 2010 4:03 am
These two machines look amazing and look to be real life-changers and industry-changers.  The filtration no-doubt is equally amazing, that is...  life-changing and industry-changing.  And so exciting and only $800?...  that's a steal!

Venson

Reply #3   Apr 12, 2010 6:43 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
These two machines look amazing and look to be real life-changers and industry-changers.  The filtration no-doubt is equally amazing, that is...  life-changing and industry-changing.  And so exciting and only $800?...  that's a steal!

Sorry, the $800 model is not a steal at all.  It's way overpriced.and will probably end up selling for a lot less.  It's the right of manufacturers' to ask whatever price they may want.  BUT -- getting it is another story.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #4   Apr 12, 2010 8:07 am
Hi Venson:

These models both looked bagged.  Are they?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #5   Apr 12, 2010 12:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

These models both looked bagged.  Are they?

Carmine D.

Hi CArmine,

Indeed, both the Panasonic and the Sears Machine are.  There is a bagless version of the Sears machine.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #6   Apr 12, 2010 1:28 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi CArmine,

Indeed, both the Panasonic and the Sears Machine are.  There is a bagless version of the Sears machine.

Venson

Thanks Venson.  According to latest Consumer Reports the bagged SEARS Progressive upright model scores a tad bit better than the bagless version and also is lighter weight. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #7   Apr 12, 2010 2:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson.  According to latest Consumer Reports the bagged SEARS Progressive upright model scores a tad bit better than the bagless version and also is lighter weight. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

This newer Kenmore series is named Intuition and due to some similarities I expect performance should be good.  What was particularly curious is that Sears -- at least online -- is prepared to price them well below the $300 range.  (They claim "original price" as being more toward the $400 mark.)

Venson 

CarmineD

Reply #8   Apr 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

This newer Kenmore series is named Intuition and due to some similarities I expect performance should be good.  What was particularly curious is that Sears -- at least online -- is prepared to price them well below the $300 range.  (They claim "original price" as being more toward the $400 mark.)

Venson 

Hi Venson:

Hard for big box retailers to sell $400 plus vacuums.  Have to compete with better made and sold independent vacuum store brands.  The latter provide excellent parts and service.  SEARS once good at this has gone down hill in recent years.  Customers are gravitating towards the indies.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42