Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

VDTA 2010
Original Message   Jan 8, 2010 8:43 am
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

Replies: 25 - 34 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: VDTA 2010 / New Sebo
Reply #25   Apr 9, 2010 2:16 pm
Ive just been informed by a good friend of mine what the new model is and it is called the Airbelt D4 model. Available in D1, D2, D4 and D4 Premium versions, It replaces the C model and has a round bezel 360 degree turn hose (like the new Bosch cylinder vacuums) still retains 4 castors, new 3 part tool set, 12 to 14 metres of cable, electronic handle controls and all new design. Looks a bit like the Hoover cylinder Aquawash we had in the 1980s - rectangular body with round frontage at the top. I wouldn't say it is ugly though Lucky - just different - and I can't wait to try it!

And yes I get your skeleton key imagery!

Spec: 1600 watt to 2100 watt variable suction control.
Auto cord rewind pedal
6.5 to 7kg final weight
LED suction control dial
6 litre bigger capacity dust bag with hygiene sealing cap.

This message was modified Apr 9, 2010 by vacmanuk
Venson

Re: VDTA 2010 / New Sebo
Reply #26   Apr 9, 2010 6:20 pm
It's reminiscent of some canister vacs put out by Philips, Vorwerk and Rowenta.  I'm guessing the round bulge is to accommodate the new bag size.

Venson

vacmanuk

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #27   Apr 10, 2010 1:48 pm
Yep, inside houses a new bag (and not the old X series bags the old C cylinders used to use) but I suspect the round bezel has been incorporated to give the hose connector a complete turn.
vacomatic

Reply #28   Apr 11, 2010 12:47 am
The Sebo.de site has downloadable info on the D1,2, and D4 models, but mostly in German. 
The D4 diagrams suggest the bag's a filterette material and can expand to full volume without being confined by the canister, which should help avoid the bag confinement and dust leakage problems Miele had with their recent S5 series.  The Hospital filter is an oddity, appearing to be a sheet lining a circular plastic insert fitted into the bottom of the D4.
Would be good to know if the D4's motors are new, more efficient designs (the C3.1's generated a lot of carbon dust and ran very hot).
The manual also suggests a cone-shaped hose (like on some Bosch and Lindhaus vacs) is being used.

Specs (largest D model):

2100 watt max motor
air flow =  45 liters / sec
lift = not specified
weight = 6.9 kg  (around 15 lbs)
Ultra-Bag (tm) filter bag = electrostatic fleece
Venson

Reply #29   Apr 11, 2010 10:43 am
Hi vacomatic,

I visited the site and found all four models plus a brochure in PDF form.  Do you still have the URL for manual?

Thanks,

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #30   Apr 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Sebo Airbelt D1                             Sebo Airbelt D2                           Sebo Airbelt D4                         Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium
1600 watt                                       1600 watt                                    2100 watt                                   2100 watt
12m cable                                      12m cable                                  12m cable                                   12m cable

The models all use cone shaped filters of which a plastic grid underneath keeps the filters in place, removable and replaceable.

http://www.sebo-airbelt.de/sebo-airbelt-d-kampagne_de.html

User manuals:

GEBRAUCHSANWEISUNG_SEBO_AIRBELT_D.pdf

T

This message was modified Apr 11, 2010 by vacmanuk
mole

Reply #31   Apr 11, 2010 1:43 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Sebo Airbelt D1                             Sebo Airbelt D2                           Sebo Airbelt D4                         Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium
1600 watt                                       1600 watt                                    2100 watt                                   2100 watt
12m cable                                      12m cable                                  12m cable                                   12m cable

http://www.sebo-airbelt.de/sebo-airbelt-d-kampagne_de.html

Great looking pieces,Cant figure out why Sebo never caught on in the USA. Have any insight to why vacmanuk...........
vacmanuk

Reply #32   Apr 11, 2010 1:49 pm
Sebo have "caught on," in the U.S but primarily through commercial units in the Windsor-Sebo range (uprights like Stealth / Ensign / Sensor S / XP ) I believe you can buy Sebo's cylinder / canister vacs in the U.S but they are a small company and don't have as much foot hold as Miele. Sebo have initially been in the U.S since the late 1990s and have sold many units in the USA under different brands.
mole

Reply #33   Apr 11, 2010 2:11 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Sebo have "caught on," in the U.S but primarily through commercial units in the Windsor-Sebo range (uprights like Stealth / Ensign / Sensor S / XP ) I believe you can buy Sebo's cylinder / canister vacs in the U.S but they are a small company and don't have as much foot hold as Miele. Sebo have initially been in the U.S since the late 1990s and have sold many units in the USA under different brands.

I agree with your observation, many dealers only carry the X series and a few carry the felix, both a great product but very pricey,If the customer is looking for a top shelf canister ot tank,  The dealers lead them towards miele,riccar, bosch, when they were around,

Have any clue why bosch stopped the run in the USA.

MOLE

vacmanuk

Reply #34   Apr 11, 2010 2:17 pm
Well, the U.S have Bosch's uprights in the form of Vax USA. As for their cylinders, they make different ones per country as do most of the brands. Here in the UK although Bosch is seen as a cheaper compact to Miele or Sebo, their biggest downside is that the bags are hard to find and of a practical nature, the tubes and hoses never stick together despite their friction fit design. Bosch are a smaller company when it comes to floorcare. They had a few problems in the 1990s with their upright vacs and them took them off the market. Vax on the other hand kept the design and has continued to sell those heavy uprights known initially as the AVC series and now VX: (X3 in the U.S)

This message was modified Apr 11, 2010 by vacmanuk
Replies: 25 - 34 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42