Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

VDTA 2010
Original Message   Jan 8, 2010 8:43 am
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

Replies: 20 - 29 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #20   Apr 5, 2010 12:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Sebo's new can? Is this a new canister vacuum that has never been seen before? Sebo USA have both the K and C series or is this a new one completely, Lucky?

Totally new.
vacmanuk

Reply #21   Apr 6, 2010 1:04 pm
Totally new? Under what model name? More details would be great here as well as appreciated. Sebo have already launched their K1 Eco on the market - 1500 watts compared to their usual 1800 watts/2100 watts in a brown colour (don't ask me why, some of the markets have the model name K1 "Cappuccino.")
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #22   Apr 7, 2010 11:00 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
For many the innovation is what the show is about but for most dealers attending it's the seminars that are the most valuable, myself included. I took away many great ideas and am anxious to implement them (once I get some additional cash flow...LOL). Random thoughts Simplicity will have their new AMERICAN made canisters available in a month or so. They will also have a powered hand tool available. I liked a lot. Their wet and dry carpet cleaning systems are VERY good ( I plan to invest in both) Sebo's new can is UGLY!!!!!! Has a huge bag but did I mention it looks UGLY! Dealers are not too keen on their new Multi-level-marketing scheme. Miele has already upped the Callisto to a larger more aggressive powerhead (now CR will like it) and will replace the Callisto w217 PH with the Libra (I believe), a canister in a nicer color, Red. The S2 gets a turbo unit in a dull boring grey. The T shaped hand turbo will be discontinued for an L shaped smaller unit. A Cat & Dog version of the S7 will be made available. Didn't get the whole story but a line of appliances will be available to vacuum dealers. Eureka Lux has a new higher priced line for dealers, 5 grand buying in and your assurance of commitment needed. It seems like it will just be added conflict in an already filled price point. The medium and lower priced machines will still be only offered to box stores and internet whores. So basically it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they want YOU to commit to them yet they will cut your throat, profit margin and commitment to you. Where do I sign. Didn't get any time at Lindhaus but it seemed they had a nicely styled canister mock-up and a low priced Upright available. Good to see AMERICAN MADE bag maker DVC there. Panasonic really needs someone who actually knows something about their products. They are going to cheaper rollers

I saw a youtube video of the Riccar carpet cleaner cleaning up a tube of toothpaste that little Jimmy (or whatever his name was), squeezed onto the carpeting and rubbed it in.  It looked a lot like a Rug Doctor.  The video showed the cleaner completely removing the toothpaste after about 20 or so passes.  How does the Simplicity/Riccar carpet cleaner compare to a Rug Doctor?  Any idea what the approximate price range will be for the wet cleaner? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Lucky1

Reply #23   Apr 8, 2010 11:59 am
The extractors will be quite expensive as the are a compact true commercial machine. They are offered to be used in rental programs but wouldn't be a bad unit to start a small business. (PM me if you actually want to buy one and I will get cost). Aside that they are both compact, the Simplicity machine differs greatly from the rug Doctor in size and the way it wotks. Some features: Revolving Brushroll.....13" Cleaning Path.....60 PSI pump pressure! (almost twice as much a a rug Doc).....107' WATER LIFT.......4.25 Gallon solution tank and 4 Gallon recovery......8" RUBBER Wheels...Made in the USA
Lucky1

Reply #24   Apr 8, 2010 12:02 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Totally new? Under what model name? More details would be great here as well as appreciated. Sebo have already launched their K1 Eco on the market - 1500 watts compared to their usual 1800 watts/2100 watts in a brown colour (don't ask me why, some of the markets have the model name K1 "Cappuccino.")

Wouldn't you assume it is the same machine then? I doubt they would create 2 new models. Does it look like a Skeleton Keyhole when viewed from above?
vacmanuk

Re: VDTA 2010 / New Sebo
Reply #25   Apr 9, 2010 2:16 pm
Ive just been informed by a good friend of mine what the new model is and it is called the Airbelt D4 model. Available in D1, D2, D4 and D4 Premium versions, It replaces the C model and has a round bezel 360 degree turn hose (like the new Bosch cylinder vacuums) still retains 4 castors, new 3 part tool set, 12 to 14 metres of cable, electronic handle controls and all new design. Looks a bit like the Hoover cylinder Aquawash we had in the 1980s - rectangular body with round frontage at the top. I wouldn't say it is ugly though Lucky - just different - and I can't wait to try it!

And yes I get your skeleton key imagery!

Spec: 1600 watt to 2100 watt variable suction control.
Auto cord rewind pedal
6.5 to 7kg final weight
LED suction control dial
6 litre bigger capacity dust bag with hygiene sealing cap.

This message was modified Apr 9, 2010 by vacmanuk
Venson

Re: VDTA 2010 / New Sebo
Reply #26   Apr 9, 2010 6:20 pm
It's reminiscent of some canister vacs put out by Philips, Vorwerk and Rowenta.  I'm guessing the round bulge is to accommodate the new bag size.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #27   Apr 10, 2010 1:48 pm
Yep, inside houses a new bag (and not the old X series bags the old C cylinders used to use) but I suspect the round bezel has been incorporated to give the hose connector a complete turn.
vacomatic

Reply #28   Apr 11, 2010 12:47 am
The Sebo.de site has downloadable info on the D1,2, and D4 models, but mostly in German. 
The D4 diagrams suggest the bag's a filterette material and can expand to full volume without being confined by the canister, which should help avoid the bag confinement and dust leakage problems Miele had with their recent S5 series.  The Hospital filter is an oddity, appearing to be a sheet lining a circular plastic insert fitted into the bottom of the D4.
Would be good to know if the D4's motors are new, more efficient designs (the C3.1's generated a lot of carbon dust and ran very hot).
The manual also suggests a cone-shaped hose (like on some Bosch and Lindhaus vacs) is being used.

Specs (largest D model):

2100 watt max motor
air flow =  45 liters / sec
lift = not specified
weight = 6.9 kg  (around 15 lbs)
Ultra-Bag (tm) filter bag = electrostatic fleece
Venson

Reply #29   Apr 11, 2010 10:43 am
Hi vacomatic,

I visited the site and found all four models plus a brochure in PDF form.  Do you still have the URL for manual?

Thanks,

Venson

Replies: 20 - 29 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42