Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Samsung Navibot SR8845 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Samsung Navibot SR8845 . . .
Original Message   Mar 4, 2010 6:52 pm
Awful quiet arond here today . . .

I've no great news but I did catch an article about the Samsung Navibot SR8845 which is due for stores in the UK come April.  Pictures for new releases seem scarce as hens' teeth lately but if I come across any images of this revolutionary new machine -- Samsung's words, not mine -- I'll put them here.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h0DjZcli1uLVKOThNe7qfD6s-7EQ

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
M00seUK

Re: Samsung Navibot SR8845 . . .
Reply #1   Mar 5, 2010 5:52 am

It sounds reasonable enough in terms of price / features, if you're looking for a floor surface cleaner.

CarmineD

Reply #2   Mar 5, 2010 7:07 am
Thanks Venson, M00seUK:

Have to wonder if Samsung and iRobot are partners on this product?  If you can't beat them....join them, as the saying goes, especially in business.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #3   Mar 5, 2010 7:14 am
M00seUK wrote:

It sounds reasonable enough in terms of price / features, if you're looking for a floor surface cleaner.

Hi MOOseUK,

Thanks for the picture.

Best,

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #4   Mar 5, 2010 10:11 am
http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/download/file.php?id=3056&sid=17cbe11707c92737b73535d801736e58

"...Samsung has launched a robotic vacuum cleaner which maps the layout of a home for automatic cleaning - even when you're out and about.

The Navibot SR8845 is powered by two CPU control chips, operating Samsung's Visionary Mapping System, which lets the cleaner know where it is in the home at all times.

The clever cleaner is fitted with a camera which takes 30 photos every second to help it identify the rooms. The 38 sensors allow it to negotiate obstacles, such as table legs and sofas, and prevent it from tumbling down stairs.

If the Navibot is running low on power, it makes its own way back to the docking station and catches up on a couple of hours rest and recuperation before retracing its steps, and continues cleaning where it left off.

Brushes on either side of the robot are designed to clean right to the edges of a room, and it rolls over surfaces such as thick rugs and carpets.

The ultra-low robot can clean in difficult to reach areas, even with a stick cleaner, such as under the coffee table. There's also an option to delay the start of a cleaning cycle, so you don't even need to be at home while it does its work.

Samsung said: "Compact, sleek and agile, the new Navibot robot vacuum cleaner looks set to revolutionise domestic cleaning.

"Ushering in a new age of household appliances, this small but powerful device is capable of moving in complete autonomy over many different kinds of surface."

Two models in different prices and functions: €499 (2X i-Guard, touch-screen) and €399 (1X i-Guard, button operated)..."
Venson

Reply #5   Mar 18, 2010 10:28 am
Hi,

More from the robot vac sector -- the China Vac.  The article is here: http://www.gizmag.com/robotic-vacuum-cleaner-camera-surveillance-chinavision-g182/14526/

Mention is made of a similar device by the iRobot folks that was pulled off the market.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42