Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Turbo brush tool
Original Message   Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm
I had a RainbowMate atachment & it quit working.  Then I got a turbo brush like this--BIG MISTAKE!  Had it for a while but it kept clogging with cat hair; now its no good.  Finally I got a Hoover WindTunnel brush & am surprised the WT brush lasted longer than this one here.  Wouldn't a MD Mini Electric Brush be better or should I get a Lux SideKick?

Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Turbo brush tool
Reply #5   Feb 20, 2010 12:42 pm
mole wrote:
And they only cost 14 bucks to buy wholesale...............

Thank you MOLE.  This is why I think you're several cuts above all others.

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #6   Feb 20, 2010 6:12 pm
I think you posted a similar thread before.  How are they breaking, in your case? 

I do not know how yours is clogging.  If used properly, they should not.  I can see hair getting caught in the sharp inside edges of this basic Wessell-Werk turbo brush.

The MD mini electric brush is a well built tool.  It will clean well.  MD does not make this attachment.  What I do not like is that this nozzle will be harder to use in small spaces like car floorboard.  You will find that this is quiet compared to some mini turbo brushes.  Another advantage  to this nozzle over a turbo nozzle is the debris does not go through the fan.  This may be better for you.

The W-W mini turbo attachment, you have pictured, is their basic attachment.  It is used on many different brands.  SEBO is one brand, like another poster mentioned, that uses this model, as well as some other companies like Electrolux Riccar/Simplicityand Euro Pro.  It cleans fine. To the best of my knowledge, Miele does not use this model, unless the UK is different.

W-W does make a more deluxe mini turbo brush that is even better than the basic.  Miele, as well as some other companies, use this attachment.  Riccar did use this at one time.  It is very quiet.

There is a mini turbo brush that has been around for a long time.  It goes by the name of Rug Rat.  I have had mine since the very early 80's.  It was also used by Kirby.  It is powerful, but louder than most, when used w/ a very powerful machine.  It has much better brushroll compared to many of the nozzles out there today.  It has alot of stiffer bristles compard to say dyson.  You can find the Rug Rat under different names  Riccar uses them, as well as some central vacuum systems.
hooverman

Reply #7   Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm
I had that turbo tool since around the 1980s but couldn't do anything when I used it on our Electrolux 1205.  Its incredible the Hoover brush is better quality than that no-brand turbo tool which gave its final spin.  I prefer the Hoover tool better b/c it has Windtunnel technology & outcleans other turbo brush tools; just wish it had a Quadraflex agitator.
hooverman

Reply #8   Apr 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Mike_W wrote:
I think you posted a similar thread before.  How are they breaking, in your case? 

I do not know how yours is clogging.  If used properly, they should not.  I can see hair getting caught in the sharp inside edges of this basic Wessell-Werk turbo brush.

The MD mini electric brush is a well built tool.  It will clean well.  MD does not make this attachment.  What I do not like is that this nozzle will be harder to use in small spaces like car floorboard.  You will find that this is quiet compared to some mini turbo brushes.  Another advantage  to this nozzle over a turbo nozzle is the debris does not go through the fan.  This may be better for you.

The W-W mini turbo attachment, you have pictured, is their basic attachment.  It is used on many different brands.  SEBO is one brand, like another poster mentioned, that uses this model, as well as some other companies like Electrolux Riccar/Simplicityand Euro Pro.  It cleans fine. To the best of my knowledge, Miele does not use this model, unless the UK is different.

W-W does make a more deluxe mini turbo brush that is even better than the basic.  Miele, as well as some other companies, use this attachment.  Riccar did use this at one time.  It is very quiet.

There is a mini turbo brush that has been around for a long time.  It goes by the name of Rug Rat.  I have had mine since the very early 80's.  It was also used by Kirby.  It is powerful, but louder than most, when used w/ a very powerful machine.  It has much better brushroll compared to many of the nozzles out there today.  It has alot of stiffer bristles compard to say dyson.  You can find the Rug Rat under different names  Riccar uses them, as well as some central vacuum systems.

Cat hair gets into bearings; impossible to get hair out of turbine shaft.

How good does the MD mini Electric Brush compare to a Lux SideKick?

Is there a double brush agitator for the RugRat?

hooverman

Reply #9   Apr 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Hertz wrote:
You should get a Dyson Turbo Brush as they use GENIUS engineering in which the turbine that drives the brushroll is located OUTSIDE of the airflow of the dirt, thus NO clogs or ANYTHING! Dyson really has some amazing engineering. Picture: http://cdn2.overstock.com/images/products/P11976946.jpg

which of these are U refering to; the left one or right?  Will they fit my FilterQueen (I know I need an adaptor to use it) or Compact?

Hertz

Reply #10   Apr 25, 2010 10:15 pm
hooverman, they're both the same thing, and yes, that (those) is the turbine brush I am talking about; arguably the best in the world given it's superior design.

I'm sure you can retrofit it onto any machine you want.
hooverman

Reply #11   Apr 27, 2010 5:06 pm
These turbo brushes are hard to find here in my area.  I only find Hoover turbo tools ($29 at H-E-B Plus!)

Seems like carpet is rare in the South (most homes have tile/bare floors)

Will the Dyson turbo tool outdo my old RainbowMate or Lux SideKick?

Hertz

Reply #12   Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm
hooverman wrote:
These turbo brushes are hard to find here in my area.  I only find Hoover turbo tools ($29 at H-E-B Plus!)

Seems like carpet is rare in the South (most homes have tile/bare floors)

Will the Dyson turbo tool outdo my old RainbowMate or Lux SideKick?

No, I highly doubt the Dyson turbo tool will outdo the motorized tools such as the SideKick and Rainbowmate, as the whole belt and motor is in a well designed, durable housing blocked off from the debris AND they have a motor, so they should outdo the Dyson tool. The only reason they wouldn't is that I heard Dyson spends an average of $300,000 designing the brushrolls for their machines, so the brushroll might be better on the Dyson tool, but overall I would say the RainbowMate and SideKick take the plate.
hooverman

Reply #13   Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm
I took apart the SideKick & found out that the motor still runs good; the old brush roller end caps were full of dirt & hair.  I put in a new roller & the SideKick works good again.

Now I just bought the Wessel Werk HEB160; tried it on the TriStar CXL, & boy did it pull out a TON of dirt from my mattress!  I LOVE that the Wessel Werk HEB160 has brushed edge cleaning on BOTH sides; & the nozzle adjusts to a more comfortable angle, so even under car seats can be cleaned out thoroughly.

jkbmmv

Reply #14   Sep 7, 2012 4:41 pm
The dyson mini-turbine head is the best air driven turbo tool.. The one with this part number (915034-02) is sold as a universal kit that fits standard hoses... These do not loose suction because the air that drives the belt fan is bypassed from the dirt.. it has its own intake.. I use mine regularly because I have long haired cats. I use mine with a riccar 1700 canister, filter queen majestic, riccar radiance premium and silent master s2. I love this thing.. Now they have a rotary one that I wanna try!

Joshua
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42