Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > A good quarter for irobot (roomba)

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

A good quarter for irobot (roomba)
Original Message   Feb 19, 2010 12:00 pm
from: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/02/19/this-weeks-5-smartest-stock-moves.aspx

Life in a vacuum
iRobot
's (Nasdaq: IRBT) Roomba is an overseas hit. The vacuuming automatons experienced a 31% spike in international sales during the holiday quarter, helping propel iRobot's top line 12% higher.

Spotty profitability has held iRobot's stock back in the past, but it had no problem staying in the black this time around. The maker of consumer and military robotics earned a quarterly profit of $0.20 a share, well ahead of Wall Street's $0.16 a share target.

Can it be? Are we finally at the point in iRobot's life stage where we don't have to send in a bomb-sniffing PackBot to handle its quarterly reports, fearing that they will blow up on us?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: A good quarter for irobot (roomba)
Reply #1   Feb 19, 2010 12:57 pm
Hello SEVERUS:

Thanks for the financial results.  If I recall correctly irobot went public in the spring 2005/2006 [?] at $12 plus per share.  At the current stock price of $17.75 the stock has had nice appreciation in the worse trading markets experienced since the great depression.  Not too shabby.  Considering its 31 percent sales increase overseas, it's clear irobot has virtually eliminated all its competition.  Vacuum makers that missed the robotic vacuum boat are essentially dead in the water now.  Irobot has the market locked.  Now, if it can avoid a toyota thingee, growing too fast too soon, irobot has the future of this vacuum robotic market in its hands.  Proof positive that irobot, which had the robotics market with bomb detectors/defusers, was able to add vacuum features and functions much easier and better than some vacuum makers could add robotics to vacuum products. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 19, 2010 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #2   Feb 19, 2010 1:14 pm
Hi,

It also says a great deal about the users' needs.  No big deal about cyclonics, deep cleaning, stellar filtration and other fancy stuff.  It's all about getting up the top soil and leaving the owner freed up to get on with other things.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #3   Feb 20, 2010 11:00 am
Mm I still await the day Roomba can come up with a model that can clean your ceilings as well or have a built in robotic hose. Chasing the dog would be fun to see.
Venson

Reply #4   Feb 20, 2010 11:50 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Mm I still await the day Roomba can come up with a model that can clean your ceilings as well or have a built in robotic hose. Chasing the dog would be fun to see.

Yeah, that would be kind of funny but what do you do when it starts chasing you?

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #5   Feb 20, 2010 2:27 pm
RUN FOR THE HILLS!
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42