Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > HOOVER HOLIDAY SALE on HSN

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

HOOVER HOLIDAY SALE on HSN
Original Message   Feb 14, 2010 7:08 am
HOOVER HOLIDAY SALE ON HSN Feb 15, 2010.

Carmine D.

Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: HOOVER HOLIDAY SALE on HSN
Reply #22   Sep 18, 2010 8:36 am
HSN is featuring HOOVER floorcare products on Sunday, Sept 19.  Check TV listings for local air times.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #23   Jan 21, 2011 10:07 pm
HSN is featuring HOOVER floorcare products on its Home Solutions segment on Saturday January 22, 2010.  Check local TV listings for times and channels.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Jan 22, 2011 2:52 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HSN is featuring HOOVER floorcare products on its Home Solutions segment on Saturday January 22, 2010.  Check local TV listings for times and channels.

Carmine D.

According to HSN today, HOOVER WT bagless T-series for $119 is HSN's NUMBER ONE rated vacuum by HSN consumers and HSN's most popular selling vacuum of all time.  Sold over 400 in first 10 minutes of air time.  It's an HSN exclusive HOOVER model tho the same model in other colors with auto cord rewind too is in the retail market place for $130.  HSN logs 247 customer reviews of this vacuum on its web site. 

The other HOOVER product that sold out is the latest Floormate Spin-srub for $140 with the attachments.    

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm
After HSN sold out of the FM Spin Scrub and WT T series with still 30 minutes left of Home Solutions, it deferred to another HOOVER: The Platinum Stick WT vacuum.  $150.  It logs over 150 reviews on HSN with a 4.6 rating out of 5.  Has a 15 minute run time on a 3 hour charge.  HSN used 2 to cover the 30 minute segment.  Both used with the brush on lasting at least 15 minutes each.  Neither lost its charge.  And Julie the HOOVER rep and her HSN peer kept cleaning up and redumping the same dirt on the rugs and floors and vacuuming up.  In fact, HSN sold out of the Platinum WT Stick with time still left and keep demoing with the HOOVER making the cleanup jobs look like a piece of cake.  The original price of this was $230 so $150 is the lowest selling price by HSN and most other retailers fotr this with a 6 year warranty.

If I had some free time I'd match up/off the HOOVER Platinum Stick against the bagless maker which claims it has the most powerful stick and see if the latter makes the grade.  Better yet maybe Consumer Reports will pick up the test and pit the 2 to the challenge and see which is really the most powerful stick.  Anybody taking bets?

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #26   Jan 23, 2011 7:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
According to HSN today, HOOVER WT bagless T-series for $119 is HSN's NUMBER ONE rated vacuum by HSN consumers and HSN's most popular selling vacuum of all time.  Sold over 400 in first 10 minutes of air time.  It's an HSN exclusive HOOVER model tho the same model in other colors with auto cord rewind too is in the retail market place for $130.  HSN logs 247 customer reviews of this vacuum on its web site. 

The other HOOVER product that sold out is the latest Floormate Spin-srub for $140 with the attachments.    

Carmine D.

Surely you jest.  A bagless is NUMBER ONE.  Those niche vacs were doomed years ago (as was Dyson).  What is this world comimg to?
CarmineD

Reply #27   Jan 24, 2011 7:40 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Surely you jest.  A bagless is NUMBER ONE.  Those niche vacs were doomed years ago (as was Dyson).  What is this world comimg to?

The interesting sales issue I noted is the HSN rep, not Julie the HOOVER rep, said the leading bagless maker sells this same cyclonic bagless product for $400 and $500 and HOOVER offers the same, even better beause it's much lighter, as she raises it up over her head, for $120. 

Don't call me Surely.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #28   Jan 24, 2011 8:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
The interesting sales issue I noted is the HSN rep, not Julie the HOOVER rep, said the leading bagless maker sells this same cyclonic bagless product for $400 and $500 and HOOVER offers the same, even better beause it's much lighter, as she raises it up over her head, for $120. 

Don't call me Surely.

Carmine D.

The interesting issue I noted is your previous gloom and doom for both bagless amd Dyson hve been sooo incorrect.   
CarmineD

Reply #29   Jan 24, 2011 8:21 am
HARDSELL wrote:
The interesting issue I noted is your previous gloom and doom for both bagless amd Dyson hve been sooo incorrect.   

Funny I was thinking the same about you're posts about my predictions here.  Sooo incorrect.

I said to you HOOVER would bounce dyson on its rear.  With better bagless products for better prices.  Starting with the HOOVER Fusion in 2005 at Wal*Mart for $110.  Now with the HOOVER T series WT on HSN for $120.  Not just HOOVER.  BISSELL, LG, and a host of other brands have made dyson a bagless dinosaur in less than 10 years in the USA.  Dyson is strictly a niche vacuum seller.   Not mainstream.  Nothing wrong with that.  Niche bagless is okay as long as dyson has venues for sales.     

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #30   Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm
If Hoover is anything like Vax under TTI ownership, sales in the UK have rocketed past Dyson to become the best selling brand, so far.
CarmineD

Reply #31   Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
If Hoover is anything like Vax under TTI ownership, sales in the UK have rocketed past Dyson to become the best selling brand, so far.

No doubt the reason in large part Warren Buffet, the self-made multi-billionaire stock investor, acquired a 10 percent financial stake in TTI after TTI bought HOOVER away from Whirlpool. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42