Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Freejet 3-in-1 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Hoover Freejet 3-in-1 . . .
Original Message   Feb 7, 2010 9:14 am
Hi,

Go UK go!  I came across a Hoover UK press release from last Friday that announces the arrival of the Freejet (FJ120R2).  It's a 12-volt rechargeable stick vac that weighs in at a little under six pounds and uses an NiMH battery to accomplish up to 20 minutes of run time.  With approximately 10 to 15 minutes of run time being the being the rule as far as what's available on the rechargeable vac market, 20 minutes of operating time from a single battery pack is a significant step forward.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100205/ttc-hoover-goes-lightweight-e1d36ba.htmlhttp://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100205/ttc-hoover-goes-lightweight-e1d36ba.html

Currently selling for £99.99, this cleaner has an attractive design and can, I believe, be knocked down for handheld use -- a dusting brush and crevice tool are inlcuded.  The Freejet also has a power nozzle with agitator on-off switch.The ability to also easily break the machine down improve storage possibilities. 

If the Freejet is a good performer, I wonder if the Platinum stick vac sold here, though it comes with two battery packs for longer run time, may be modified.

Here's link to the Hoover UK page for the Freejet:

http://www.hoover.co.uk/Product.aspx?Product=610

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Hoover Freejet 3-in-1 . . .
Reply #1   Feb 7, 2010 5:29 pm
Venson
This stick vac has been on sale in the UK for the last two years, Hoover Italy brought it out in 2006  but I believe that Vax's new Platinum copied "LIFE" model (effectively the same as the Hoover windtunnel stick vac) has a longer battery power pack lasting up to two hours hence it is £100 more than the Freejet 2. I recall asking about the Hoover version months ago on here. The new Hoover FJ129R2 Freejet is the same as the Dirt Devil that used to be available on the .com website but I see that DD have now stopped showing this model.

Ryan

Venson

Re: Hoover Freejet 3-in-1 . . .
Reply #2   Feb 7, 2010 7:12 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Venson
This stick vac has been on sale in the UK for the last two years, Hoover Italy brought it out in 2006  but I believe that Vax's new Platinum copied "LIFE" model (effectively the same as the Hoover windtunnel stick vac) has a longer battery power pack lasting up to two hours hence it is £100 more than the Freejet 2. I recall asking about the Hoover version months ago on here. The new Hoover FJ129R2 Freejet is the same as the Dirt Devil that used to be available on the .com website but I see that DD have now stopped showing this model.

Ryan

Thanks for the heads-up Ryan.  I check out European vac sites but haven't to my knowledge come across this model.  If all are under the same maker I imagine that they're shuffling ideas from place to place.  Old in Palermo but brand new in New York.

There are many vacuum models that I have seen in past either on the web or in European brochures resurface here.  Eureka has a model out now that once was the European Electrolux "Dolphin".

Venson

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42