Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's new Flat Out Head Tool

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson's new Flat Out Head Tool
Original Message   Feb 4, 2010 6:29 pm
Can anyone that has one tell us if they like it or not... Seems to be selling out online and they maybe a good thing... http://www.mchardyvac.com/images/mchardy/Dyson/Dyson_Flat_Out_Head.jpg
This message was modified Feb 4, 2010 by Acerone
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Venson

Re: Dyson's new Flat Out Head Tool
Reply #1   Feb 5, 2010 3:26 am
Acerone wrote:
Can anyone that has one tell us if they like it or not... Seems to be selling out online and they maybe a good thing... http://www.mchardyvac.com/images/mchardy/Dyson/Dyson_Flat_Out_Head.jpg

For quite a while, Dyson has been a conventional combi-tool for carpets and bare floors which better serves the purpose.  The "flat" tool in mention is merely a tool for dusting and as for the work its puported to simplify  for the two seconds it takes you could use the hose end or the crevice tool already supplied with your vacuum to essentially do the same thing cheaper.  Thus, if all you want to do is clean a two or three-inch swath of usually unnoticed area underneath a low piece of furniture, save your money.

If anyone is worried over getting at what's under furniture as low as shown, they move it and clean under it regularly. 

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #2   Feb 7, 2010 5:39 pm
Actually Venson I think it's a great idea but it shouldn't just be restricted to Dyson. Other brands should be offering a flat tool just like the Dyson one. I don't fancy shifting my upright piano out of the way each time I want to clean and neither would I like to move my huge TV stand that holds our 44" inch LCD television either. A flat cleaning tool is welcomed for getting under furniture where the standard 2 way suction head gets stuck.
Venson

Reply #3   Feb 7, 2010 6:56 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
. . .  A flat cleaning tool is welcomed for getting under furniture where the standard 2 way suction head gets stuck.

Hi vacmanuk,

It's all a matter of personal choice but as depicted the tool is mreley cleaning under the edge of a piece of furniture which is obviously too low to get all the way under.  As well, people seldom worry over moving upright pianos or large TVs each time they clean.  And in this case, unless the clearance beneath either is more than two-and-one-half to three inches off the tloor, getting all the way under doesn't look like much of a possibility.

If I don't plan on moving a large object to clean under it, I merely run the vacuum itself along its edges and suck up any fuzz and tust bunnies that might be visible beyond with the hose end or crevice too.  It's just as fast and though less stylish it's alos less expensive. 

Miele has taught me well how easy it is to ignore some of its doo-dads as most are over-priced.  This time I would say that Dyson's one up on Miele.  Miele would probably ask $60 but Dyson's only asking $50.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42