Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Bagless Windtunnel T-series

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Hoover Bagless Windtunnel T-series
Original Message   Jan 27, 2010 12:21 pm
Hoover seems to be expanding it's  Dyson clones, and phasing out the filter in the dustbin models.  In addition to getting the Dyson like dirt collection system with washable filters, you get the Hoover Windtunnel and industry gold standard brush roll.  the price is considerably cheaper than a comparable Dyson model.      Not sure about all versions, but the pet version offers a carbon filter.   The EZ belt change system sounds like a needed improvement over the old plastic tabs that broke after several belt changes.  At Best Buy, this vacuum is offered as one of their appliance package deals if you need a new washer, dryer, and vacuum with a package discount.

Will be interesting to see how this vacuum does in CR tests. 

Any comments from any users of this vacuum?    I haven't had a chance to test one out in person yet.

http://www.hoover.com/productcategory.aspx?use=95&ds=false

From Best buy site:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hoover+-+T4+Pet+WindTunnel+HEPA+Bagless+Upright+Vacuum+-+Billowy+Blue/9497797.p?id=1218114705492&skuId=9497797

What's Included

• Hoover T4 Pet WindTunnel HEPA Bagless Upright Vacuum
  • Powered hand tool, wand, turbo tool, dusting brush, crevice tool
  • Owner's manual

Product Features

• 12 amps of power
    Thoroughly clean your carpets.
  • Dual Stage Cyclonic Filtration
    Bagless system to empty easily after you vacuum.
  • Washable lifetime HEPA filter
    Can be washed clean to help preserve a healthy living environment.
  • Carbon filter
    Reduces musty pet odors
  • 13-1/2" cleaning path
    Covers a large area with each pass.
  • 27' cord
    Rewinds for neat storage.
  • Folding handle
    Creates a space-saving design.
  • Multilevel height adjustment
    Lets you change the height level for bare floors and different carpet lengths.
  • Pet tools
    Feature rubber blades to ensure safe cleaning on upholstery.
  • Wand attachment
    Helps you clean fixtures that are out of reach.
  • EZ belt change system and brush roll access
    Along with a system check indicator for easy vacuum maintenance.
  • Headlight
    Helps you vacuum at night or in dark areas.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 15 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Hoover Bagless Windtunnel T-series
Reply #15   Jan 28, 2010 7:02 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Per the Hoover website, this model has a 27-foot cord but a brushroll shut-off is not mentioned.  CR has at least erred in this unless the website spec are actually incorrect.

http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?model=UH70120&ds=true

Venson

Hi Venson:

You're right.  I noticed my mistake after rereading the specs and went back in and edited/corrected but apparently it didn't take when I posted.  The specs say brush roll access, not shut off.  Thanks for noting the correction.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #16   Jan 30, 2010 4:21 pm
CarmineD wrote:
SEVERUS:

Thanks for the link to CR commentary.  Like you and Venson I have to wonder why CR chose the model it did for testing and/or not add a comment that for a slightly more price these features, if important to you, are offered in other same brand models.  Of course, consumers will figure this out for themselves and buy according.   

The green model CR chose is the one available in BEST BUY and COSTCO stores so that may be the reason CR selected it for testing: Availabilty.  It appears from the HOOVER site that one or more of the new models are not available/sold out.  Venson, consumers must be thinking the same as you.  Free shipping with the price: Buy!

Carmine D.

Consumer Reports needs to get the story right and be accurate.  they do have a reputation to uphold.    I think that CR is attempting to modernize and improve with their new 1500 sf facility for testing vacuums, but they need to get the details right.  they are also taking a big chance in allowing users to provide reviews on their web site.  Turning reviews over to amateurs is a big career risk - given that consumers don't really do any true head to head testing. 

Just watching the supposed head to head testing on youtube, it becomes obvious very quickly that consumers have bought into the trick of door to door vacuum salespersons - that if a second vacuum picks up dirt that the first one didn't pick up, that it's better.  Given that it takes many vacuum passes to overcome inertia and work the dirt up through the carpeting, it is not a valid comparison method.  With this testing, you don't know whether the first vacuum would have picked up more of the remaining dirt than the second vacuum. Give each vacuum the same opportunity to perform if you want a valid test.   Given that people see the dirt in the bagless machines, but don't see the dirt in the other machines, they are fooled easily. 

While I don't like everything that CR does, I think the carpeting cleaning tests are very good.    The bare floor tests are only useful if you don't plan to use the bare floor tools that come with better vacuums. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #17   Jan 31, 2010 6:32 am
Severus wrote:
Consumer Reports needs to get the story right and be accurate.  they do have a reputation to uphold.    I think that CR is attempting to modernize and improve with their new 1500 sf facility for testing vacuums, but they need to get the details right.  they are also taking a big chance in allowing users to provide reviews on their web site.  Turning reviews over to amateurs is a big career risk - given that consumers don't really do any true head to head testing. 

Just watching the supposed head to head testing on youtube, it becomes obvious very quickly that consumers have bought into the trick of door to door vacuum salespersons - that if a second vacuum picks up dirt that the first one didn't pick up, that it's better.  Given that it takes many vacuum passes to overcome inertia and work the dirt up through the carpeting, it is not a valid comparison method.  With this testing, you don't know whether the first vacuum would have picked up more of the remaining dirt than the second vacuum. Give each vacuum the same opportunity to perform if you want a valid test.   Given that people see the dirt in the bagless machines, but don't see the dirt in the other machines, they are fooled easily. 

While I don't like everything that CR does, I think the carpeting cleaning tests are very good.    The bare floor tests are only useful if you don't plan to use the bare floor tools that come with better vacuums. 

SEVERUS:

You're on to something.  Consumer Reports will need expert vacuum industry advice to counter many of the weaknesses and fallacies of consumers' vacuum opinions.  Maybe I should dust off my resume and submit to CR and wait for a call.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #18   Jan 31, 2010 6:33 pm
BTW can I just point out a couple of things?

1. Even though we don't have these latest Hoover models in the UK, the latest Vax Mach series are similar based on the TTi ownership deals. Now, as far as I'm concerned based on my DC04, the filter on that only needs changing once a year and can be washed & dried before installing back in.
  2. Having only just downloaded Hoover's user manual for the top of the range UH70210/"Windtunnel T Series Pet Rewind Bagless Upright," and look to page 9 it states that the filter on this vacuum would need to be cleaned every 2 months. Not much of a Dyson rival then despite the cheaper cost
Severus

Reply #19   Feb 1, 2010 12:24 am
vacmanuk wrote:
BTW can I just point out a couple of things?

1. Even though we don't have these latest Hoover models in the UK, the latest Vax Mach series are similar based on the TTi ownership deals. Now, as far as I'm concerned based on my DC04, the filter on that only needs changing once a year and can be washed & dried before installing back in.
  2. Having only just downloaded Hoover's user manual for the top of the range UH70210/"Windtunnel T Series Pet Rewind Bagless Upright," and look to page 9 it states that the filter on this vacuum would need to be cleaned every 2 months. Not much of a Dyson rival then despite the cheaper cost

Most of the Dysons sold in the US state that the filter should be cleaned something like every 3 months.   Compared to the old designs that required cleaning the filter after each use, cleaning the filter every 2 months or so doesn't seem all that bad to me - if you can stand bagless. 

CarmineD

Reply #20   Feb 1, 2010 7:03 am
Severus wrote:
Most of the Dysons sold in the US state that the filter should be cleaned something like every 3 months.   Compared to the old designs that required cleaning the filter after each use, cleaning the filter every 2 months or so doesn't seem all that bad to me - if you can stand bagless. 

As is dumping the dirt bin daily.  If you don't mind daily dirt bin dumping, filter cleaning every 2-3 months is no bother.  The issue IMHO is at what price?  At what price does it become a nuisance to clean filters and dump bins?  $50? $100? $250?  $500?  That's the question people buying bagless have to answer. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #21   Feb 1, 2010 7:31 am
CarmineD wrote:
As is dumping the dirt bin daily.  If you don't mind daily dirt bin dumping, filter cleaning every 2-3 months is no bother.  The issue IMHO is at what price?  At what price does it become a nuisance to clean filters and dump bins?  $50? $100? $250?  $500?  That's the question people buying bagless have to answer. 

Carmine D.

I would not take one of the Hoovers with screen/pleated filter for free.  The filter needs cleaning between vacuuming rooms.
CarmineD

Reply #22   Feb 1, 2010 9:05 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I would not take one of the Hoovers with screen/pleated filter for free.  The filter needs cleaning between vacuuming rooms.

Neither would I for the same reasons.  See we do agree on some things.  There's still hope for you.  Look up.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #23   Feb 1, 2010 12:10 pm
Regardless of paper clogging/whatever, this is why a bagged vacuum is so much cleaner.
CarmineD

Reply #24   Feb 1, 2010 1:31 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Regardless of paper clogging/whatever, this is why a bagged vacuum is so much cleaner.

Amen.........agree with that.

Carmine D.

Replies: 15 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42