Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Original Message   Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Has anyone used a XXX Royal Crown Signature Series vacs?  I saw the XXX Lightweight upright w/portable canister at Sears & wonder if it'll beat an Oreck?
Replies: 16 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Royal Crown Signature Series by XXX
Reply #16   Feb 20, 2010 7:41 pm
Mike_W wrote:
These are very good vacuum cleaners, that are from an old design that works.  XXX does not make these Carpet Pro, etc.  I know the company that does.

HI MIKE

So who makes them.....at one time i heard panasonic had something to do with them...then another time they were from china/riccar made for fuller....got me ..but id like to know more abt them...

turtle

vacmanuk

Reply #17   Feb 21, 2010 5:45 pm
We just dont have these in the UK
Motorhead

Reply #18   Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm
This person made several references to "XXX" vacuums on another website.  I had never heard of that name before, nor have I ever seen anything with that label.  At first I thought they were referring to TTI, but now there's enough evidence to believe these "XXX vacuum cleaners" are nothing but a figment of one person's very odd imagination. 

As for the Carpet Pro vacuums, those are great cleaners and an excellent value for the price range.  They're virtually identical to the Panasonic commercial line (specifically a rework of the old Jet-Flo design with some changes and improvements), but as someone else said, better built with *much* better quality motors.  Pair one of those up with synthetic bags and you have yourself a serious cleaning machine.
This message was modified Feb 21, 2010 by Motorhead
retardturtle1

Reply #19   Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm
Motorhead wrote:
This person made several references to "XXX" vacuums on another website.  I had never heard of that name before, nor have I ever seen anything with that label.  At first I thought they were referring to TTI, but now there's enough evidence to believe these "XXX vacuum cleaners" are nothing but a figment of one person's very odd imagination. 

As for the Carpet Pro vacuums, those are great cleaners and an excellent value for the price range.  They're virtually identical to the Panasonic commercial line (specifically a rework of the old Jet-Flo design with some changes and improvements), but as someone else said, better built with *much* better quality motors.  Pair one of those up with synthetic bags and you have yourself a serious cleaning machine.

Thanks for the info.....  so who are they made by  and whos motor do they use.....lamb?gs......
This message was modified Feb 22, 2010 by retardturtle1
hooverman

Reply #20   Feb 24, 2010 11:14 pm
Mike_W wrote:
These are very good vacuum cleaners, that are from an old design that works.  XXX does not make these Carpet Pro, etc.  I know the company that does.

I mean the other way around--whoever makes these Carpet Pro makes them for XXX as their Commercial (replaced their 2-motor Ultra Power which was the best XXX ever made)
hooverman

Reply #21   Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm
which Vax was aquired by TTI, Vax UK or Vax USA?  I know the Vax USA mdls are junk?
vacmanuk

Reply #22   Mar 13, 2010 8:47 am
The whole company has been bought by TTi (Vax UK, Vax Australia and Vax U.S) regardless of what these sub-country companies would have you believe.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #23   Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm
hooverman wrote:
which Vax was aquired by TTI, Vax UK or Vax USA?  I know the Vax USA mdls are junk?

Dirt Devil has some very satisfied customers.    Dirt Devils tend to do a fairly good job at cleaning carpeting.  They provide fairly basic vacuums for the low end market.  While you may get what you pay for, I wouldn't be so quick to call them junk.  

Several years back I remember going to an estate sale in which the deceased owner had a large number of expensive oriental rugs.  I was a little surprised to see that he had a Dirt Devil bagged vacuum to clean them.  I have a relative who got around 10 years of service from a Dirt Devil bagged upright. 
This message was modified Mar 13, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
vacmanuk

Reply #24   Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm
Ah the bagged versions are different Severus. The ones that Vax have sold under the DD models have exclusively been Made in China bagless types. Also the bagged Dirt Devil uprights we get here in the UK are also Chinese built and were very much built to a cheap budget made in the 1990s. Dirt Devil UK are substantially different to the U.S company and they supply (even now) bagged uprights that have been going since 1991 just with different motors and filtration options. I had a couple and they were just dire, based on the old Electrolux Contour models.
hooverman

Reply #25   Dec 19, 2010 4:24 pm
Mike_W wrote:

I mean the other way around--Carpet Pro made them for XXX.  XXX is a regional brand floor care product (no wonder why XXX is NOT well-known)
Replies: 16 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42