Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 75 - 84 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #75   Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the update on the synthetic dust bags for the Felix thats impressive and great to here very surprising too. Think I will look at getting a box of them to try as I've still got some paper ones left. Just about to replace a paper bag soon that is about full (jam packed full may I add and still has great suction!). Good to here that you can reuse them, shame they don't put a clip on the bottom to slide off to empty and re-use. Suppose SEBO wouldn't like you to re-use due to potential exposure to dust emptying them! Good to know that though! Thanks again for the update will get a box soon and try them, save on buying the charcoal pre-motor filter will give the new synthetic bags a try first. I'm liking the new Commercial SEBO BS 36 & 46 Comfort models. The new improve cleaning head is an improvement on the previous design. Wish they would update the X4 to have variable suction, brush roll switch off and improve the hose (just from all the comments I read online!) so the machine doesn't tip.....not that I can comment on that one as I don't have an X1.1x4 yet! If thats the only negative comment people say about the X4 then it can't be bad when you hear so many negative comments on other brands machines!
vacmanuk

Reply #76   Apr 14, 2012 3:00 pm
Well it all comes down to personal need - a lot of reviewers slate the X because of the tipping over when the hose is taken out - but seldom do they moan about the auto sensor head or the ease of gliding. I for one prefer a top release hose - I can walk about and just pin point and suck up dirt with the upright, wand and hose in hand, and the only bending I'll do is to reach a smaller cleaning tool. I find the whole process fast and easier than the hose release on the Felix. One thing I am noticing with the Felix is that I'm beginning to get lazy and just reaching for the top of the hose and just grabbing that instead of the proper tube at the bottom of the machine. When I put it back, sometimes the hose isn't being locked in properly and that means the floor head refuses to function as it has a safety nib located inside the dust channel from the machine to the floor head. Not so with the Dart, the commercial version and not with the X model. Top release inevitably means that yes, the upright will fall over - but not many moan that anything breaks on the back of the SEBO. That would be a major downside it was the case, wouldn't it?

Also,the beauty of the new material bags on the Felix means you can actually reuse them again! The tip here is to seal the bag, take it out and shake from the bottom so that the dust sits just at the top where the flap is. Take the hose from another vacuum and suck out all the dust once you've opened the flap, or if you don't like the dust, time for a dust mask and you can shake the bag outside. From a cost saving point of view I can admit that my new-material Felix bag that I just took out has been re-emptied and installed back into the machine! You'll realise that if you buy the bags as they are very thin to the touch, very flexible and very easy to pin point things that you may have sucked up by accident - I discovered a few of the crystal stones I used to collect as a child, I had sucked up by accident and they were quick to locate and simpler to move through the material to get them out!
This message was modified Apr 14, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #77   Apr 16, 2012 5:02 am
For those who don't know already. Miele in Germany are about to bring out a new replacement to the S5. It's called the S8.
See microsite: http://www.miele.at/ex/microsite/at/S8/start.html

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #78   Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm
I do like the SEBO X4 and the hose setup looks ok to me, briefly tried one in John Lewis. There will always be something someone finds fault with!! I would like to get an X4 at some point as I do miss not having a wand and stretchable hose, but I would still keep my Felix as i do love that! Will have to definitely get some of though new synthetic bags for my Felix soon. Will try the tip for re-using them when I get a box of them. Just changed the bag having had it in 3 months, was jam packed and full to the top, the bag indicator only showed it as 3/4 full, suppose that depends on the dust that is picked up and how fine it is! I do like the new Miele S8, looks very nice!
vacmanuk

Reply #79   Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm
I dont like the look of the S8 - it looks like a grub - not pleasing to the eye at all, which is a pity as the extra, glitzy features are nothing but glitzy and not much use - I mean, putting lights beside the park position slots is just a waste!

As for the Felix - why bother changing up an X4 - simply buy yourself a replacement plastic wand off Ebay with the handle and the extension hose, then you can use both whenever you need extra stretch cleaning. Over the fact that you can't store the extension hose anyway on board unless you wrap it around either upright, it makes sense to buy the plastic wand with the handle on it for use with the Felix.

vacmanuk

Reply #80   Jul 31, 2012 6:45 pm
Here is the new Kirby Sentria II. Its about to be launched.

This message was modified Jul 31, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #81   Oct 6, 2012 4:58 pm
New vacuums in the UK

The Panasonic MC-UG522 bagged upright vacuum - uses the same bags as the Kenmore/Panasonic MC- UG614. so it's a small 3/3.5 litre capacity and rated at 1200 watts. I already bought one and quite like it - it is much lighter than the current "high power" Panasonic uprights we have in the UK. Also, the new red upright from Panasonic in the UK is already in the U.S under the name of Panasonic UG-323 Platinum Optiflow.

Also, AEG/Electrolux have launched the UltraOne Mini cylinder bagged vacuum: Claims to be 38% smaller than AEG's current line up, uses 3 litre dust bag and 8 metres of power cord on offer.
This message was modified Oct 6, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacman2

Reply #82   Oct 9, 2012 4:12 pm
The new Miele UniQ has underbody lights, felt lined tool holder and chrome, price 1499.00, happy days I just sold one!
vacmanuk

Reply #83   Oct 10, 2012 10:24 am
vacman2 wrote:
The new Miele UniQ has underbody lights, felt lined tool holder and chrome, price 1499.00, happy days I just sold one!

I saw one the other day when I was in a shop in the UK sat beside the black model. I can't say I'm impressed with the felt bumper - especially when Miele could have added the felt bumper to the rest of the range at least. The price in the UK is knocking on the door of just below £400 - less than the asking price of the S4 Hybrid. Im sure Miele are building a new S6 to replace the S4 Hybrid, bring it into the rest of the current line up though.

I'll be adding a photo of my S6 Eco "2 years on" to show you all of the scrapes it has endured on the body.
This message was modified Oct 10, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #84   Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am
Released a couple of weeks ago in the UK, the latest Vax Mach Air version 3, known as Air3. It's like the original (similar to the U.S Hoover Windtunnel Air) but this one swivels and the hose has moved from the central rear to the side.
Replies: 75 - 84 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42