Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?
Original Message   Dec 12, 2009 4:23 pm
Shark is going after the Dyson Ball pretty hard with the Navigator product.  It claims no loss of suction and claims its just as easy to maneuver as the Dyson Ball.  After acknowledging Dyson as the first to offer no loss of suction, they go for the throat.  They do a direct comparison to a Dyson Ball and state that they are equal in all ways (easy to maneuver, no loss of suction, 5 year warranty) but price.  For less than $200 you can get a Shark Navigator with a free steam cleaner thrown in to boot. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 148 - 157 of 157Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Shark Navigator - a flagrant Dyson copy at 1/3 the price?
Reply #148   Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

You're right, 'tis true. (But the DC14 reamins.)  :o)

Venson

Venson;

Evidence to me at least that despite the $299 price, the dyson DC14 models are still not selling.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #149   Oct 2, 2010 3:48 pm
The Shark Navigator is commonly being sold now for $139 at most big box retailers.  Its biggest plus IMO is the long warranty.  However, I would, despite the only 2 year warranty, recommend the HOOVER T series bagless WT Rewind for the same price over the Navigator.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #150   Oct 3, 2010 9:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
The Shark Navigator is commonly being sold now for $139 at most big box retailers.  Its biggest plus IMO is the long warranty.  However, I would, despite the only 2 year warranty, recommend the HOOVER T series bagless WT Rewind for the same price over the Navigator.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

My local Costco has dropped it to $130.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #151   Oct 4, 2010 7:30 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Venson

Thanks Venson.  I see BEST BUY stores advertising and selling the T-4 HOOVER WT rewind for $139.  A $20 savings from regular retail. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #152   Oct 6, 2010 1:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson.  I see BEST BUY stores advertising and selling the T-4 HOOVER WT rewind for $139.  A $20 savings from regular retail. 

Carmine D.

I forget which major big box chain it is that is now offering Shark's idea of an also new lightweight  "transformer" vac, introduced several months ago, at $37 bucks and calling it a rebate. Whoa!  Some of my latest exploits are now garnering me insights regarding spending that are quite interesting.  The salt of the Earth here and the backbone of the country, ordinary working class people of all sizes shapes and colors, are not overly interested in shooting the whole wad when it comes to vacuums.  The big runs seems to be electronics, from microwave ovens to TVs.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #153   Oct 6, 2010 4:52 pm
Venson wrote:
I forget which major big box chain it is that is now offering Shark's idea of an also new lightweight  "transformer" vac, introduced several months ago, at $37 bucks and calling it a rebate. Whoa!  Some of my latest exploits are now garnering me insights regarding spending that are quite interesting.  The salt of the Earth here and the backbone of the country, ordinary working class people of all sizes shapes and colors, are not overly interested in shooting the whole wad when it comes to vacuums.  The big runs seems to be electronics, from microwave ovens to TVs.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I agree.  Household electronics have been the discretionary sspending savior of the big box retail stores.  In part the reason that new vacuums, floorcare machines and their associated parts are being scaled down in inventory and shelf space among the big box stores.  Not a bit too soon either, right in time for the Christmas Holiday Season sales.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #154   Nov 25, 2010 7:53 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Venson

SEARS is advertising and selling the Shark Navigator for $159 on Thanksgiving Day and Friday after.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #155   Jan 1, 2011 3:39 pm
Shark cotinues it TV ad campaign against  dyson DC25 ball at half the price.  latest product is the Navigator Liftaway.  See link and video.

http://www.sharkclean.com/navigatorliftaway/ppc.shtml?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=shark%20navigator%20lift%20off&utm_campaign=Shark+Navigator+Brand

$200 gets the combo upright and canister with free Steam Mop and 10 year warranty.  Highest in the industry for bagless.  TV ads have been airing during the holidays.  Mark Rosen is CEO now.  Amy Motto pitch person.  Testimonials from customers like pet shop owners and Bed and Breakfast owners.  60 day in home trial with no obligation returns. 

Claims completely sealed HEPA with British Allergy Foundation seal of approval.  Captures 99.99 percent of allergens.  With swivel and glide manueverabilty.  Turbo tool 24 inch crevice tool.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #156   Jan 2, 2011 3:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Shark cotinues it TV ad campaign against  dyson DC25 ball at half the price.  latest product is the Navigator Liftaway.  See link and video.

http://www.sharkclean.com/navigatorliftaway/ppc.shtml?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=shark%20navigator%20lift%20off&utm_campaign=Shark+Navigator+Brand

$200 gets the combo upright and canister with free Steam Mop and 10 year warranty.  Highest in the industry for bagless.  TV ads have been airing during the holidays.  Mark Rosen is CEO now.  Amy Motto pitch person.  Testimonials from customers like pet shop owners and Bed and Breakfast owners.  60 day in home trial with no obligation returns. 

Claims completely sealed HEPA with British Allergy Foundation seal of approval.  Captures 99.99 percent of allergens.  With swivel and glide manueverabilty.  Turbo tool 24 inch crevice tool.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine

Happy New Year to you too. I kind of like the "tidier" look of this new model as well as the ten-ear warranty it's sporting.  Still won't mind it if the price comes down a just a tad.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #157   Jan 2, 2011 5:23 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine

Happy New Year to you too. I kind of like the "tidier" look of this new model as well as the ten-ear warranty it's sporting.  Still won't mind it if the price comes down a just a tad.

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson:

This deal is directly through Shark.  The Navigator Liftaway vacuum alone is selling for less at most retailers but comes without the Steam Mop and with only a 5 year warranty.  Interestingly the older Shark Navigator upright rates a 90 percent on-line review rating of 4 stars or more at of 5.  The newer Liftaway copies the BISSELL with the portable canister that seperates and offers the sealed HEPA with  BAF seal and glide and twist maneuverability in upright mode. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 148 - 157 of 157Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42