Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck Platinum Power Team

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
KirbyUltimateG

Oreck Platinum Power Team
Original Message   Dec 12, 2009 7:14 am
I tried the Oreck Platinum Power Team at the Oreck store back in September...I am very impressed with it!
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck Platinum Power Team
Reply #2   Dec 13, 2009 6:41 am
KirbyUltimateG wrote:
$799 regular price $599 sale price

The $799 is an increase from the former $735.  $100 off is a decent discount for this model, but the Platinum Series isn't needed by and for everyone.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #3   Dec 13, 2009 8:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
The $799 is an increase from the former $735.  $100 off is a decent discount for this model, but the Platinum Series isn't needed by and for everyone.

Carmine D.

Who would need it ?  BTW, this is not a loaded question.
CarmineD

Reply #4   Dec 13, 2009 9:01 am
HARDSELL wrote:

If you have to ask, you have no need to know.  And this is not a loaded answer.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #5   Dec 13, 2009 10:02 am
CarmineD wrote:
If you have to ask, you have no need to know.  And this is not a loaded answer.

Carmine D.

I take it that you do not know or there is no real need for a $700 oreck.
CarmineD

Reply #6   Dec 14, 2009 6:29 am
I know, ORECK knows, you have no need to know if you have to ask.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #7   Dec 23, 2009 11:19 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Hardsell,

Why not take a ride over to the Oreck plant in Cookeville and ask them for us?  As I was driving through Tennessee, there was a billboard in Cookeville about an Oreck factory store too.  You could likely get a good deal on one. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #8   Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am
ORECK is continuing after Holiday sales and getting its own prices/features in line with the big box stores for ORECK products.   Of note, on the latest ORECK advertisements are the full names/locations of product testimonials and the use of "Assembled in the USA" vice "Made in the USA."  MOLE pointed out the latter some time back tho the change was just added.

Carmine D.

Oreck XL Deluxe Upright Vac

Oreck XL Deluxe Upright Vac

Price:$399.95 $199.95
Shipping:FREE
Payments as low as $13.63 per month.

Top Features

• Hypo-allergenic filtration
  • 3 year warranty
The Oreck XL Gold Upright Vac

The Oreck XL Gold Upright Vac

Price:$499.95 $299.95
Payments as low as $20.45 per month.

Top Features

• Hypo-allergenic filtration
  • 5 year warranty
  • 5 FREE annual tune-ups (a $200 value!)
The Oreck XL Platinum Upright Vac

The Oreck XL Platinum Upright Vac

Price:$599.95 $399.95
Payments as low as $27.27 per month.

Top Features

• Advanced HEPA filtration
  • 10 year warranty
  • 10 FREE annual tune-ups (a $400 value!)
  • Advanced sound-dampening technology
Venson

Reply #9   Dec 31, 2009 9:14 am
CarmineD wrote:
It is so light and not hard to carry. It has very good suction, and I feel like it is getting my rug clean. It adjusts from room to room automatically. It is easy to load and unload the disposable bags.

Hi Carmine,

I have to mention that, for me, Ms. Schwartz's comments  basically say what it's all about for the average vacuum buyer.  She doesn't claim to know how well her machine cleans or what other brand it may or may not beat out but feels its helping her do a thorough job -- and that's all she needs.

The "it works for me" sentiment carries over to owners of many brands, leading them to be happy to use their vacuums because they like them.  Maybe that should be the new approach taken by vacuum manufacturers for the new year.  Instead of trying to impress upon buyers what a loss they'll experience if they don't this year's bright idea, stop trying to wow the public and simply concentrate more on making vacuums that people will actually enjoy using.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #10   Dec 31, 2009 12:56 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I have to mention that, for me, Ms. Schwartz's comments  basically say what it's all about for the average vacuum buyer.  She doesn't claim to know how well her machine cleans or what other brand it may or may not beat out but feels its helping her do a thorough job -- and that's all she needs.

The "it works for me" sentiment carries over to owners of many brands, leading them to be happy to use their vacuums because they like them.  Maybe that should be the new approach taken by vacuum manufacturers for the new year.  Instead of trying to impress upon buyers what a loss they'll experience if they don't this year's bright idea, stop trying to wow the public and simply concentrate more on making vacuums that people will actually enjoy using.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

That particular comment struck a nerve with me too when I read it.  It's the essence of ORECK's appeal among most women users.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #11   Jan 2, 2010 11:21 am
Yes but its not just vacuum cleaner brands that are doing their level best to offer how well a machine cleans. Washing machines, dishwashers, kettles, toasters - they all plea on doing something better than the last brand and that's the way it will continue to be. For many if a vacuum cleaner just picks up dirt then most consumers will be happy, just as those who just want washing to be done without them having to do it manually.
This message was modified Jan 2, 2010 by vacmanuk
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42