Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > dyson going bankrupt?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

dyson going bankrupt?
Original Message   Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm
Hello dyson DIB:

I heard a rumor today and figure the only way to confirm it is to run it by you.  The grapevine is saying dyson is going bankrupt soon?  Any truth to it?

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Sep 21, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 34 - 43 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: dyson going bankrupt?
Reply #34   Oct 24, 2009 6:20 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You did not use those quotes on the post that I commented on.  Please remain you usual self and do not resort to Carmine's ways.

HS:

Again, as usual you always miss the obvious.  Repetition is not because of me, but it's because of you!  We all know it takes you a few times and sometimes awhile for you to comprehend!  

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #35   Oct 24, 2009 9:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Again, as usual you always miss the obvious.  Repetition is not because of me, but it's because of you!  We all know it takes you a few times and sometimes awhile for you to comprehend!  

Carmine D.

You may have missed something Carmine.  Read again and try to keep quiet and try to  keep up.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #36   Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,

Living in reality is not your forte.

I will say this...  Ideas that have come from those close to me have generated over $3b EASILY.  I do not take lessons from hunkering down store keepers or old men playing children’s characters.  Deceivers, bad-mouther's and the jealous like you two are in the way of real men who get things done.

DIB

P.S.  If you want...  Have Mike W. write me privately and he and I can discuss your disgust. 

Dustmite (aka DIB) - so what tax increase are you responsible for?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #37   Oct 25, 2009 7:31 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You may have missed something Carmine.  Read again and try to keep quiet and try to  keep up.

HS:

See, there is your proof again.  You just never get it.  You miss the point again and again, just like you do with your vacuum choices.    You should stop your pay potty dancing with your friend here dyson DIB and try, as hard as it is for you [no pun intended HS] to stay up on the posts and subjects of the thread.  In this way, when you read here that dyson announces its plans to downsize/retrench, you won't post an ID 10 T question. 

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #38   Oct 26, 2009 1:00 am
I searched for Dyson lawsuits online.

I did find the one against Hoover UK, and the Amway one. I also found one against Miele where Dyson was taking them to task for claims that their vacuums did not lose suction.  In reviewing the book, "Against the Odds" there were a number of lawsuits by most major European vac mfrs, against Dyson simply to force Dyson to expend resources.  It's a common tactic in the corporate world, especially against promising startups , or 'upstarts' and the entrenched market giants would call them. Carmine you gave one example of patent lawsuit against an individual inventor. Can you give others? I think it petty of James Dyson to crush a student with a legitimate claim to originality. He did not extend the kind of treatment he thought was his due to his courtroom rival. I don't  think it would have taken a lot of pounds to satisfy the young man in question. Not every threat of a lawsuit actually is filed. I wonder what James would have done if his challenge of Miele's S7 adverts had not gone the way he wanted?

James Dyson once chided an interviewer for commenting on his millions with "vulgar, vulgar, vulgar...the one benefit of making a lot of money is that you can pour it back into making better products" He also said things worked best when management, production, and design all worked together in the same location, but that was obviously before he moved production to Malaysia.

I will take the liberty here to digress a moment and say a few words in Carmine's behalf, as he would never defend himself thus:  DIB, and whoever else is listening, it's not all about money. When we 'shuffle off this mortal coil', to quote the immortal bard, all our money and self-importance count for naught. The kind of service one has rendered to God, one's spouse, family, church, peers, colleagues and customers are the measure by which we are rightly judged by the only ONE who has the right to judge.  We all have feet of clay, including your hero James Dyson. The question is what do any of us do about it?  Pride goeth before a fall, but he who humbles himself shall be exhalted.

Peace,

Trebor
vacomatic

Reply #39   Oct 26, 2009 1:39 am
Just the facts, folks...just the facts.

If Dyson is going bust, it's interesting that the bust follows introductions of two rather unique products, its Airblade hand dryer (which does what it claims to do), and the new "bladeless fan"  (which is actually not fully true as there is a bladed turbine in the base sending air to the bladeless venturi jet performing the work as the room's air mover).

Granted home sales and related stuff are way down. 
In Portland OR home builders have been in slow mode for some time, with one going under and another beginning to make a profit again after a few years of losses.
CarmineD

Reply #40   Oct 26, 2009 7:40 am
Vacomatic:

As with all companies that go under, the scheme is to keep it from the workers and buyers as long as possible.  Business as usual is the management mantra.  GM's saturn is an excellent example.  Advertising on TV the same day that GM announced Penske backed out of the deal and the brand would be scrubbed. 

I would argue in the reverse that a company that unloads all its latest at one time is desperate.  Most do so gradually to give time to buying public for reaction to the products.

Just the facts.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #41   Oct 26, 2009 7:46 am
Hi Trebor:

I was particularly struck by Kenneth J who came on one of the previous vacuum Forums and stated his case as a gentleman and inventor.  No one from dyson, despite the insiders on the Forum, rebutted him. 

You have the value system exactly right: God religion and relationaship with both, friends and family and the people we influence in our lifes, then our work whatever it might be.  As you said, and I have too on many occasions here when the noveau riche brag of the millions and billions their heroes made, it's never about the money.

No one has the right to judge others "morally" as you said.  That is reserved for the one who was born and died without sin.  But I would wager $ that when Mr. d stands before his maker for his accounting he will be questioned about Kenneth J.  And he won't have his hot shot NYC lawyers in 3 piece suits with 3 names to sway.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #42   Oct 26, 2009 9:02 am
Re: The effect of the housing market on vac sales. The unit sales of full size vacuums have exceed those of consumer automobiles and trucks for probably 20 years if not longer. People in all manner of dwellings, even apartments, need to vacuum. One might invest in better, or additional equipment as a result of a move, major remodel, or room addition, but there is no way to be sure how many of those sales would have occurred anyway. The one segment of the market that is definitely hit by the housing slump is central vacuums. Their growth in market share has certainly slowed, but they still are gaining ground. There is a market where the multi-cyclonic technology could flourish, for sure. Surprising that Sir James has no such product offerings, and none in the pipeline to which anyone has alluded.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #43   Oct 26, 2009 10:51 am
Severus wrote:
Dustmite (aka DIB) - so what tax increase are you responsible for?

Venson,
An old man playing the children's character Severus Snape?  Aren't you better off cruising another forum that best suits your needs?  Something with broadband video chat capabilities perhaps? At least I hope this forum is not catering to the freaky.  This site can easily go down in flames like 99% of vacuum forum sites.  Severus Snape should of been shut down some time ago.  I bring much value here (Google hits - no one here can touch my numbers).  I'm not ready to leave, but will.

DIB

UPDATE:

Here just one example:  Today’s logins - names and time stamps.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 34 - 43 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42