Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 96 - 105 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #96   Oct 14, 2009 2:15 pm
OH well if you're referring to carbon dust there's Sebo's X filter at a cost of £1-99 in the UK, and I think relatively speaking in the U.S that costs around $3.44
CarmineD

Reply #97   Oct 14, 2009 5:00 pm
Didn't specifically have a SEBO in mind. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #98   Oct 15, 2009 9:46 am
I can think of a hundred reasons why I'll be told it's not possible so this is a dumb question but I'll ask anyway.

Considering that the body design of the Legacy and Classic Lux models have had no significant change, is there a possibility that owners of earlier but like models can "upgrade" them with the new Johnson motor?

Venson
Vernon

Reply #99   Oct 15, 2009 10:23 am
Venson,

In regards can the older Lux models be upgraded to the newer motor??  Yes and NO.  From the exterior, both the old and new appear the same.  However, internally, the shaping/mold is different to accommodate the single stage motor vs a two stage unit.  The first single stage came out around 2004?? give or take, yes, you can put this newer, more powerful Johnson motor in it, all that is required is a new rubber gasket that sits at the back of the fan unit.  With the single stage motors, the shroud, for a lack of better term, that holds the motor, is screwed into the actual vacuum casing, not so for the two stage setup.  I have seen where a person has taken this new single stage and put it into the older two stage setup.  There was nothing there to keep the motor in place other than the cordwinder at the rear and the bag chamber at the front to keep the motor in place.  Don't know how long or well this will last, but time will tell. 

Vernon
Venson

Reply #100   Oct 15, 2009 11:43 am
Thanks Vernon.

Venson
Trebor

Reply #101   Oct 21, 2009 11:44 am
www.aerusonline.com shows the new canister lineup. The new Guardian looks sleeker, smaller, is supposedly lighter and more powerful, and it still uses the 'R' style bag.
budmattingly

Reply #102   Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm
Trebor,

The new lux guardiian ultra uses the Style C bag. I recently purchased one.

Sincerely,

Bud

Trebor

Reply #103   Oct 22, 2009 11:38 am
Sorry, the website is wrong. I looked at the bags link for the new guardian. How do you like it?
budmattingly

Reply #104   Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm
Trebor,

For the most part I like it. The motor is very loud and high pitched. The machine needs a multiple speed motor. The suction relief does no good at all. I can't use the sidekick even with the suction relief open. Sucks upholstery and bedspreads in and stalls out the sidekick. They have a bag problem that I have brought to their attention (with their new 2 layer bag, it pulls the inner layer loose exposing a lot of the outer layer bag. I sent them two used bags at their request and they sent me a new box of bags that do the same thing. They promised to let me know their findings, but about 3 weeks ago they turned the bags over to engineering and said it would take about a week for testing. I followed up a week ago and told them I did expect a reply as to what they found. I don't think they plan on telling me anything, which po's me very much. It's obvious they have a problem.

Nice Color Combination

Comfortable Handle

Steers very well

Looks great - Nice colors

Tools store on the wand

Totally sealed system

On off switch is much better

And most importantly, it cleans very well.

Bud

CarmineD

Reply #105   Oct 23, 2009 7:43 am
Hello Bud;

You probably did already, and if so can ignore this.  In asking for a reply on the bags, you might want to also provide your positive comments to Aerus on the unit's performance. 

Carmine D. 

Replies: 96 - 105 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42