Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2009 1:20 pm
Since I have been coming to this site I have seen bickering about Dyson, Hoover and a few other brands. But to me it is why is this industry important and why all the different brands and models. My feeling is that they are necessary to maintain a way of life. Cleanliness, health, and just plain keeping everything nice. We started with dirt floors, went to rock and wood floors. Floors were kept up with brooms for hundreds of years. With the advent of electricity the vacuum cleaner came along  with elecrtic motors.

Just so you know , I am aware of the types of early sweepers from the late 1800's.

So the question I put to you is why is it so important to be a bagless society of Dyson? Why Bagged? Why a particular brand over another? Give me and anyone that comes to this site some answers as to why and how is one better than another?

I am watching and listening.                                                                  Procare           54 years in the business and still going strong.

Replies: 94 - 103 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Reply #94   Sep 10, 2009 8:33 am
DIB:

I keep saying to you that as long as your head is up James' posterior your view will never change.  This old nailed to floor dyson is discontinued for reasons.  And this the dyson declared by some dyson advocates as THE BEST of all dysons.  If you and they get theirs heads out of their butts, you and they may figure it out:  Overpriced, overengineered, overly underwhelming in performance for the price.

Carmine  D.

retardturtle1

Reply #95   Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Thanks turtle.  You might make it yet kiddo

Guess you got me back on that  one.....no prob and happy to be of service HS.
This message was modified Sep 10, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #96   Sep 11, 2009 6:51 am
Perhaps SEVERUS and Procare hit on another essential element of the question with the personalized and professional service that the industry professionals provide to the vacuum consumers.  Hence the indies are the source and center of the vacuum industry as well as the back bone.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #97   Sep 11, 2009 10:23 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Oh come on Carmine, you’ve got this pink DC07 “nailed to your families floor” only so you can refer to it and fail it out (in conversations). - Not unlike some con men independents that have beat up Dyson’s “nailed to their sales floors.”  FYI, older DC07’s are a favorite “nailed to the floor” “whippin boy” amongst the seedy independents.

DIB

DIB,

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that some independent stores have Dyson DC07 demo machines in their showrooms ,so that the customer has the opportunity to make a head to head comparison of their products to the Dyson.    And how is that a bad thing?   I mean how is it bad for the consumer? 

What's seedy is creepy people like you taking pot shots at small business owners and their employees.   A small business doesn't stay in business long if they don't treat their customers fairly.   It is clear that you have no idea how to run a successful business.   These business owners have to work their butts off to compete with big box stores.   

You can admire James Dyson for his inventions without falling in love with him. 

This message was modified Sep 11, 2009 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #98   Sep 11, 2009 1:16 pm
Hi SEVERUS:

I noticed the local ORECK stores here in Las Vegas always have at least one and usually more dysons for head to head comparisons with ORECK's and in store usage by customers.  I scoped them out just to make they are working properly and they are.  Good for ORECK to take this proactive approach for demonstrations by customers. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #99   Sep 11, 2009 2:55 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Oh come on Carmine, you’ve got this pink DC07 “nailed to your families floor” only so you can refer to it and fail it out (in conversations). - Not unlike some con men independents that have beat up Dyson’s “nailed to their sales floors.”  FYI, older DC07’s are a favorite “nailed to the floor” “whippin boy” amongst the seedy independents.

DIB

Severus wrote:
DIB,

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that some independent stores have Dyson DC07 demo machines in their showrooms ,so that the customer has the opportunity to make a head to head comparison of their products to the Dyson.    And how is that a bad thing?   I mean how is it bad for the consumer? 

What's seedy is creepy people like you taking pot shots at small business owners and their employees.   A small business doesn't stay in business long if they don't treat their customers fairly.   It is clear that you have no idea how to run a successful business.   These business owners have to work their butts off to compete with big box stores.   

You can admire James Dyson for his inventions without falling in love with him. 

Severus (and not Venson),

Re:  “their customers”.  When these hard workers move people into products they carry and profit from (becoming “their customers”) by unfairly and untruthfully bad-mouthing or doing junk science demo’s against their competitor’s products, it ain’t much of a business now is it?  These types deserve what they get… to work their butts off and for little.

Re:  "hard workers".  Well, at least we agree on something…  the lack of 100% integrity coming from many vacuum cleaner independent dealers.  You did not describe the greatest attribute amongst men, that is - “integrity” - and rightfully so.  Many of these hard workers are only as honest as needed.  Hard workers + less than 100% integrity = A drag on society.  I can picture a conversation going like this… Hello, I’d like you to meet my friend who is a hard worker and can be trusted 80% of the time.  Cons are friends with cons.  Thieves are friends with thieves.  The self-serving are friends with the self-serving and on and on.  You’re a loyal friend to these “hard workers”.

DIB
This message was modified Sep 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #100   Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Re:  Hard workers.  Well, at least we agree on something…  the lack of 100% integrity coming from many vacuum cleaner independent dealers.  You did not describe the greatest attribute amongst men, that is - “integrity” - and rightfully so.  Many of these hard workers are only as honest as needed.  Hard workers + less than 100% integrity = A drag on society.  I can picture a conversation going like this… Hello, I’d like you to meet my friend who is a hard worker and can be trusted 80% of the time.  Cons are friends with cons.  Thieves are friends with thieves.  The self-serving are friends with the self-serving and on and on.  You’re a loyal friend to these “hard workers”.

Re:  “their customers”.  When these hard workers move people into products they carry and profit from (becoming “their customers”) by unfairly and untruthfully bad-mouthing or doing junk science demo’s against their competitor’s products, it ain’t much of a business now is it?  These types deserve what they get… to work their butts off and for little.

DIB

So now it's unfair to pit a Dyson against other brands in head to head tests because the Dyson will look bad?   Please explain.  I'm afraid that i have a difficult time following the logic of your rants against independent small business persons.   You impugn their integrity with no explanation.   You make the faulty assumption that its a mistake for anyone to buy anything but a Dyson.  Absolute hogwash.  A good salesman sells the consumer the product that best meets their needs.  Certainly Dysons are good matches for some people, but for many people they are not.  

It's amusing that you think Dyson products are above criticism.  No product is above criticism.    The higher the price, the greater our expectations should be as consumers.   James Dyson is as much a salesman as he is an inventor.    He wrote his autobiography, to make sure that his story was told the way he wanted it told   - No different than the US politicians who write books about themselves - to put themselves in the best light possible.  There are certainly many positives to say about James and his products.  However, those of us with open minds can see flaws in his products as well. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
procare

Reply #101   Sep 11, 2009 4:20 pm
The Consumer is the key ingredient to a sale of any product. To pit a competitor against another in test is fair for all.  A custom-er is a consumer that purchases your product after you prove it suits or fits their needs. In head to head Demoing of a vacuum cleaner from competitive companies it pays to listen to your competitor on their claims. I have done this with Kirby, Tristar, Rainbow and  a Dyson dealer and beat them out listening to their claims and proving them false. Selling my product to the consumer.

Procare

This message was modified Sep 11, 2009 by procare
DysonInventsBig

Reply #102   Sep 11, 2009 4:38 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Re:  Hard workers.  Well, at least we agree on something…  the lack of 100% integrity coming from many vacuum cleaner independent dealers.  You did not describe the greatest attribute amongst men, that is - “integrity” - and rightfully so.  Many of these hard workers are only as honest as needed.  Hard workers + less than 100% integrity = A drag on society.  I can picture a conversation going like this… Hello, I’d like you to meet my friend who is a hard worker and can be trusted 80% of the time.  Cons are friends with cons.  Thieves are friends with thieves.  The self-serving are friends with the self-serving and on and on.  You’re a loyal friend to these “hard workers”.

DIB
Severus wrote:
So now it's unfair to pit a Dyson against other brands in head to head tests because the Dyson will look bad?   Please explain.  I'm afraid that i have a difficult time following the logic of your rants against independent small business persons.   You impugn their integrity with no explanation.   You make the faulty assumption that its a mistake for anyone to buy anything but a Dyson.  Absolute hogwash.  A good salesman sells the consumer the product that best meets their needs.  Certainly Dysons are good matches for some people, but for many people they are not.  

It's amusing that you think Dyson products are above criticism.  No product is above criticism.    The higher the price, the greater our expectations should be as consumers.   James Dyson is as much a salesman as he is an inventor.    He wrote his autobiography, to make sure that his story was told the way he wanted it told   - No different than the US politicians who write books about themselves - to put themselves in the best light possible.  There are certainly many positives to say about James and his products.  However, those of us with open minds can see flaws in his products as well. 

No, you cannot rewrite my history (create a pseudo-history), because it is already public (documented).  I’ve said plenty on how I applaud small business owners, the risks and the courage it takes to go it alone.  I’ve also said plenty that many and certainly NOT ALL vacuum independents are dirty.  Many (not all) are envious too.  Am I a shrink?  No. - Their Dyson bellyaching and whining screams jealousy.

[In house, independent] “Test?”  No.  A forgone conclusion?  Yes.  He who controls the pseudo-”tests” also controls the pseudo-”results.”  In your many decades of vacuum enthusiasm and internet prowess, you could surely link here a “test” by an independent (by name and city) that demonstrates (by way of measurements) wether Dyson filters as advertised and wether bags choke as Dyson advertises.

DIB

P.S.  If you cannot get a video linked showing a Dyson v. bag filtration test, surely one of the 200 or so collectors or one of North Americans 18,000 or so independents could belly up with said test.

Lucky1

Reply #103   Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm
The decision not to use local British workers and use Malaysians half way across the world sounds like a very NOBLE way to do business. And who ever said corporations were soul less?

PULLeeez!

In actuality you really don't need to have a Dyson at hand to compare, just let the customer know how effective the warrantee is.
Replies: 94 - 103 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42