Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux Oxygen Warranty

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Electrolux Oxygen Warranty
Original Message   Sep 9, 2009 1:55 pm
Anyone read/hear about the Electrolux [Eureka-lux] with the burnt out power head/wand contacts under warranty?  Covered on channel 7 news.  Very interesting.  Owner paid $281 for the Oxygen from a big box retailer.  Contacts failed under warranty.  Owner calls Electrolux and it assures him its covered under warranty.  Owner brings into an Indy, who says H-E-double hockey sticks NO WAY.  Bring it back where you bought it.  THE BIG BOX RIP OFF STORE.  BBS says SORRY.  Owner goes to Channel 7 Investigation Reports for remedy.  Indy says NO WAY NO HOW I didn't sell it and I ain't warrantying it.  Channel 7 goes to ELECTROLUX-EUREKA LUX who sent owner a new Oxygen.  HAPPY CUSTOMER.  The end until it happens again.

Carmine D.

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Electrolux Oxygen Warranty
Reply #9   Sep 9, 2009 8:39 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Your school lunch was two walnuts and a hammer.

Did you walk to school or carry your lunch...................
HARDSELL

Reply #10   Sep 9, 2009 9:29 pm
mole wrote:
Did you walk to school or carry your lunch...................

Walked to and from school.  Uphill both ways. Barefoot in warm months.
CarmineD

Reply #11   Sep 10, 2009 6:56 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Like I said HS, you come from a back woods country area.  Not the typical dyson customer/promoter.  Should have stuck to your roots.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #12   Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Lucky you! YOU had Feet! LOL.
retardturtle1

Reply #13   Sep 10, 2009 7:36 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Lucky you! YOU had Feet! LOL.

GOOD ONE AHHHH...''you had feet''.....you gave me a good laugh lucky1.  thanks

turtle1

retardturtle1

Reply #14   Sep 10, 2009 7:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Anyone read/hear about the Electrolux [Eureka-lux] with the burnt out power head/wand contacts under warranty?  Covered on channel 7 news.  Very interesting.  Owner paid $281 for the Oxygen from a big box retailer.  Contacts failed under warranty.  Owner calls Electrolux and it assures him its covered under warranty.  Owner brings into an Indy, who says H-E-double hockey sticks NO WAY.  Bring it back where you bought it.  THE BIG BOX RIP OFF STORE.  BBS says SORRY.  Owner goes to Channel 7 Investigation Reports for remedy.  Indy says NO WAY NO HOW I didn't sell it and I ain't warrantying it.  Channel 7 goes to ELECTROLUX-EUREKA LUX who sent owner a new Oxygen.  HAPPY CUSTOMER.  The end until it happens again.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

No wonder it was on its way to the dumpster...hmmmm.

i have it now.....and its dead. so far ive found a burnt up fuse on board....but now i see i may have to go deeper and investigate all that has been posted....the OX i have is the 7020 canister.....in perfect cond....brushroll looks new.... just my luck.

CarmineD

Reply #15   Sep 11, 2009 6:35 am
Hello 'turtle1'

Here is the Wal*Mart GE branded [Eureka made] canister sold for many years [starting in 2000 and still is some W*M stores] exclusively by W*M for $140-$160.  Note the metal wands.  No pproblem, to my knowledge, with contacts like the plastic wands on the OXYGEN.   This canister consistently received high grades from Consumer Reports and its BEST BUY rating.  Not surprising that the EUREKA-LUX canisters scored well.  And the EUREKA-lux canisters, sold primatily through BEST BUY stores and LOWE's, are twice the price.

I had to post a large image so you can tell the wands are metal and not plastic.

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #16   Sep 11, 2009 10:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

Here is the Wal*Mart GE branded [Eureka made] canister sold for many years [starting in 2000 and still is some W*M stores] exclusively by W*M for $140-$160.  Note the metal wands.  No pproblem, to my knowledge, with contacts like the plastic wands on the OXYGEN.   This canister consistently received high grades from Consumer Reports and its BEST BUY rating.  Not surprising that the EUREKA-LUX canisters scored well.  And the EUREKA-lux canisters, sold primatily through BEST BUY stores and LOWE's, are twice the price.

I had to post a large image so you can tell the wands are metal and not plastic.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

While the wands themselves weren't an issue the machine still had problems with the pn cord and handle connection shorting out..usually because it wasn't powered off before removing the handle.  The bigger problem however was that there was a small plastic pin located in the bag cover that prevented the hose from swiveling a full 360 degrees.  The pin would constantly break causing the hose to over swivel which in turn pulled on the hose cord that plugged into the top of the vacuum.  If the cord was pulled on enough it would short out, melt and usually destroy the receptacle on the vacuum itself.

I don't know about the US but this machine is still available as a dealer only model in Canada...with the new cheap plastic wands of course.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #17   Sep 11, 2009 1:01 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi Carmine,

While the wands themselves weren't an issue the machine still had problems with the pn cord and handle connection shorting out..usually because it wasn't powered off before removing the handle.  The bigger problem however was that there was a small plastic pin located in the bag cover that prevented the hose from swiveling a full 360 degrees.  The pin would constantly break causing the hose to over swivel which in turn pulled on the hose cord that plugged into the top of the vacuum.  If the cord was pulled on enough it would short out, melt and usually destroy the receptacle on the vacuum itself.

I don't know about the US but this machine is still available as a dealer only model in Canada...with the new cheap plastic wands of course.

Dusty

Hello Dusty:

Thanks for the information.  I am familiar with the first problem and if I recall it may have been mentioned here in the past.  I found this site and thought I post for readers on the GE canister.  I gleaned very very quickly and it appears the problems you mention are also included on this fix-it yourself page. 

http://www.fixya.com/support/p128225-ge_106766_bagged_canister_vacuum

Hope business is good now with the back to school rush.

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #18   Sep 11, 2009 4:32 pm
Got an Oxygen in on trade . Same problems. Customer after one year had the problem nad it was taken care of. New hose, wands and they went home. One year later - same problem- bought new Aerus canister and loves it. Found out it was made Eureka with Electrolux  name on it. Not happy.

Procare

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42