Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Vacuum Museum
Original Message   Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm
Thought the Dyson discussion board would be interested in reading a small article about the Tacony Museum. Also Carmine's old friend.....

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/hit-the-road-jack/hit-the-road-jack/2009/08/new-museum-opens-at-st-james-on-historic-route-66/
Replies: 138 - 147 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Vacuum Museum
Reply #138   Sep 10, 2009 7:55 pm
Severus wrote:
Speaking of Aerus/Lux, they still deliver bags, filters, and supplies.   Out of the blue, I had a rep come to my house for a free checkup on my Lux. 

WOW.....thats a new one on me.....thought the only people that ever came knocking anymore was the IRS....now thats service..

turtle1

procare

Reply #139   Sep 10, 2009 10:37 pm
Venson,

Aerus/Lux has in the agreement that the dealers as well as Aerus can have Aerus as the lead logo with the lower part having the Electrolux for 25 years. They can have it in the phone ads too. In smaller print you see "The Original from 1924-2003". They still have a policy of free pickup and delivery and delivery of bags and other parts to customers.

Procare

This message was modified Sep 10, 2009 by procare
CarmineD

Reply #140   Sep 11, 2009 6:39 am
Personalized and professional service by Aerus/Electrolux.  A thing of the past from a by-gone era in the vacuum industry.  Sadly. 

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #141   Oct 23, 2009 5:39 pm
Electrolux invited bo-jacking by their dealers by selling everything to them at full retail, and then paying their dealers commission! Bah, Humbug!

If they had sold at a decent discount to the dealer and the branches, and let them make profit on their sales, they could have controlled the bo-jacking, and kept the dealers loyal and happy. They would have been more motivated to call on existing customers because they could have made decent profit on bags, hoses, etc. instead of just a little better than breaking even.  I don't know if Aerus can ever recover their former glory. At one time there were over 500 Electrolux  branches in the US alone, with only four machines  G, L, Commercial wet/dry and B-8 polisher/scrubber they sold THREE MILLION units a year. Unheard of, and never surpassed by anyone except Big Box Brands

This message was modified Oct 23, 2009 by Trebor
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #142   Oct 27, 2009 5:18 pm
Can you buy 3M style clothlike bags for lux?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #143   Oct 27, 2009 6:34 pm
Severus wrote:
Can you buy 3M style clothlike bags for lux?

If not, I would suggest that one of the larger 3M clothlike bag, says the HOOVER Style Y, be cut to fit the bag holder cavity, before the Lux paper bag is inserted.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #144   Oct 27, 2009 6:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
If not, I would suggest that one of the larger 3M clothlike bag, says the HOOVER Style Y, be cut to fit the bag holder cavity, before the Lux paper bag is inserted.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Doesn't Perfect Lux sell the 3M style bag?

Vesnon
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #145   Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm
Just a update on things, the site for the museum is now up and running.

www.vacuummuseum.com
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #146   Feb 25, 2010 11:06 am
Well, I know I'm late in posting this, but back in Sept. I was at the museum, and took com pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/16134441@N06/sets/72157622244348793/ Theres really a lot to see, and the way its set up is very interesting, each vacuum in a section that is set up the way it might look at the time the vacuums were new. I definitely recommend it for anyone that likes vacuums, as theres something for everyone, and you'll see vacuums you've never seen before.
Venson

Reply #147   Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am
Thanks Vacuuman.  Your pictures, and the museum, offer a great display of vacuums and cleaning appliaces that we probably won't see the like of again. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself one day.

In regard to the Tacony plant, does it only handle assembly or molding, etc., as well?

Best,

Venson

Replies: 138 - 147 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42