Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

Oreck Orbiter
Original Message   Aug 12, 2009 10:43 pm
   Just curious, does anyone know the Original name for this 50 +  year old machine and what is different about it from other machines?

Procare

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Oreck Orbiter
Reply #6   Aug 23, 2009 10:20 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Sebo have just released a single polisher head for their Dart/Felix uprights. In some markets it is called Disco or UHS<BR><BR>http://www.sebo.de/82.82.eng.html

The Sebo attachment is the first of its kind that I've seen as it has electric motor of its own for powering its brush and only uses the vacuum's suction for cleaning as it buffs. Per its manual, it can be used with certain Sebo uprights and its canisters as well. The like here -- hardly anybody offers them here anymore -- had no motors but used flywheels powered by either a canister vac's suction or blower port. Rainbow and Fairfax for a time made polisher attachments that ran directly off the canisters motor unit but no suction was not emplyed for cleaning. Kirby's belt-driven version appear to also have been dropped though it has a similar device for rug shampooing.

However, I have seen the European floor polishers that buff and vacuum. They resemble external bagged upright vacs.

Except for commercial spaces it seems that floor polishing has almost been done away with in U.S. homes with the coming of no-wax flooring and polyurethane coatings for wood floors. (The wax finishing process for wood floors is wonderful to look at but requires a good amount of care and is expensive.)

Wood floor care has gotten so easy due to polyurethane that wood can even be a consideration for kitchen flooring now. Basically all that's required is vacuuming or sweeping and a regular going over with a mop wrung nearly dry and you're good to go. Spills, however, should be quickly wiped up.

Venson
dusty

Reply #7   Aug 23, 2009 11:31 am
Venson wrote:
The Sebo attachment is the first of its kind that I've seen as it has electric motor of its own for powering its brush and only uses the vacuum's suction for cleaning as it buffs. Per its manual, it can be used with certain Sebo uprights and its canisters as well.

Sebo also has an adapter that lets you use this on just about any brand of canister or central vacuum.  It's not a huge seller but the customers that have it like it.  I've used it on my own floors and it does do a nice job at refreshing the look.

Dusty
Venson

Reply #8   Aug 23, 2009 11:46 am
dusty wrote:
Sebo also has an adapter that lets you use this on just about any brand of canister or central vacuum.  It's not a huge seller but the customers that have it like it.  I've used it on my own floors and it does do a nice job at refreshing the look.<BR><BR>Dusty

Cool!

Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #9   Aug 23, 2009 1:44 pm
Im wondering how the adaptor would be used on other brands - unless it has a power attachment socket of its own that can be adapted to other sizes of tubes plus loads of cable, the polisher head has its own adaptor socket built in for the sebo uprights and canisters just like the excellent ET-1 power head and like that I noticed the polisher attachment also has a stop function button for the brush.
dusty

Reply #10   Aug 23, 2009 8:56 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Im wondering how the adaptor would be used on other brands - unless it has a power attachment socket of its own that can be adapted to other sizes of tubes plus loads of cable, the polisher head has its own adaptor socket built in for the sebo uprights and canisters just like the excellent ET-1 power head and like that I noticed the polisher attachment also has a stop function button for the brush.

The adapter simply plugs into the disco neck (or any sebo pn neck for that mater) and allows you to insert any standard wand into it.  The cable that comes with the adapter is a standard 2 pin plug and is long enough to run the length of a pair of wands. Works like a charm.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #11   Aug 24, 2009 6:36 am

This is just one of the SEBO DISCO floor polishers, called the Classic.  There are several more complete with assorted floor pads.  Reminds me, as Venson noted, of the 50's Electrolux floor polishers, which were very similar in design and operation however were metal.

From the SEBO Web Site:
Professional performance for gloss hard floors
It has never been easier to let hard floors* look like new. The innovative Ultra-High-Speed (UHS) Floor Polisher SEBO DISCO works with a new patented disc drive. Its unique automatic mechanism adjusts the floor pad to the optimum setting for the floor. With a rotation of 2000 U/min and a special coating on the floor pads, the SEBO DISCO creates a brilliant gloss shine. The attached SEBO vacuum cleaner removes fine dust during polishing. The result is a spotlessly clean floor. This is optimal floor care, only from SEBO – easy and without the use of chemicals.

SEBO DISCO is suitable to be connected to the following SEBO vacuum cleaners: SEBO FELIX, AIRBELT K3 & AIRBELT C3.1.
  • Automatic height adjustment of the maintenance pad
  • Innovative floor pad technology
  • Integrated dust removal (with attached SEBO vacuum cleaner)
  • Flexible turning swivel neck
  • Bumper
  • Three rubber-coated castor wheels
  • Electrical overload protection
  • Capacity: 200 Watts
  • Revolution speed: 2000 U/min
  • Working width: 30 cm
  • Weight: 3,9 kg

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 24, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #12   Aug 28, 2009 4:06 pm
It's also being sold under the Windsor brand which has a renamed "Felix" as well.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #13   Aug 28, 2009 6:32 pm
Thanks for pics Venson.  Looks spivy!  And so does the floor.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #14   Sep 12, 2009 8:29 pm
http://www.sebo.de/res/docs/eng/REFERENCES_SEBO_DISCO.PDF

If you go to this you'll be taken to a PDF reference guide to see pictures of the actual Disco head performance.
CarmineD

Reply #15   Sep 13, 2009 6:07 am
The local ORECK stores in N. Las Vegas have the Orbiter on sale for $100 off thru 9/14.  $299 versus $399.  The Silver Series XL also on sale for $199 solo.  The latter corresponds to a similar offer I received thru 9/23 from ORECK as a valued customer.

Carmine D.

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42