Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC27 Brochure

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
bucks03

Dyson DC27 Brochure
Original Message   Aug 11, 2009 2:18 pm
I have a copy of the Dyson DC27 leaflet.  I have read this a few times.  I have no intention of buying the DC27 as I have a functional DC04 which I'm happy with.  The DC27 states in the first page that Dyson engineers are seeking improvment etc etc.

They mention that their manifold 'fingers' have been re-engineered for improved airflow and separation efficiency.  This makes the DC27 much more advanced than their previous machines,  the suction on the DC27 I might point out is less than the DC14 which has the same motor wattage and a lot less compared to the UK DC07.  I do not see any improvment here.

The brochure also states that the head creates a tight seal and that the head adjusts and the brushbar articulates for constant contact with the floor.  This is nothing new, my 7 year old has a self adjusting head with the brusgbar area that moves about to keep close contact with the floor and believe me it does work as my machine is so hard to push on lino and the carpets upstairs as the head is sucked so hard onto the floor.

The brochure syays prolonged filter life from Root Cyclone - I'm not sure about this one as my DC04 doesn't neet its filter washing for at least 6 months where as the DC27 like the newer Dysons says that the filter is to be washed every 3 months. 

The tools are def not an improvment,  I do not like the combined brush/crevice tool,  My DC04 has a big brush tool, long crevice tool and articulating stair tool,  the DC27 stair tool does not articulate to get into angles.

The bin capacity is still small and the shroud is massive!!  The brochure states, new shroud perforations to prevent hair and fibres becoming trapped but I do not encounter this problem with my existing 'old' DC04,  the only time I have this is when I overfill the bin right up to the top,  the bin capacity on my DC04 is 4 litres the DC27 is only 2.3 litres.

I have to say that the only thing I personally think is improved is that the plastic is better grade - more flexable where as the older ones used to be so brittle and break, so many parts have broken on my DC04 but the main parts like the motor, clutch etc have gone on and on.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC27 Brochure
Reply #1   Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm
Thanks Bucks03 for an excellent comparison and review.  I confess I have not looked at dyson's DC27 yet.  Way behind in my new vacuum studies.  The price is up from the conventional dysons.  $479 I believe at Sam's Club the only retailer with it for the time being.  Perhaps in his eagerness to join the ranks of the wealthy, right below the Royal Family in the UK, he's lost sight of the nitty gritty.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm
Hi,

The DC27 page is here -- http://www.dyson.co.uk/store/productmodel.asp?model=DC27

Venson
procare

Reply #3   Aug 11, 2009 6:35 pm
Sounds like I said before the tight seal is a step backwards - no airflow thus no suction of dirt. Carpets in the U.S. need aiflow and suction to clean , doesn't sound like it here.

Procare

Venson

Reply #4   Aug 11, 2009 6:47 pm
procare wrote:
Sounds like I said before the tight seal is a step backwards - no airflow thus no suction of dirt. Carpets in the U.S. need aiflow and suction to clean , doesn't sound like it here.</p><p>                                          Procare

Hi procare,

I wonder if this model doesn't need a roller or two on the floating head to keep it from bottoming out. The web page speaks of features but does not show much important stuff like the way the cleaner's under carriage is set up. The alternative is built-in bleed to solve the problem.

Venson
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42