Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 203 - 212 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
procare

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #203   Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am
 Back less than 20 years ago Electrolux had a decent handvac that was battery powered and two speed and lasted 15 minutes. The big problem was the battery life and cost to replace them. People I sold never left me because I acknowledged the problem early on and wouldn' sell them one unless they really wanted them.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #204   Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm
procare wrote:
 Back less than 20 years ago Electrolux had a decent handvac that was battery powered and two speed and lasted 15 minutes. The big problem was the battery life and cost to replace them. People I sold never left me because I acknowledged the problem early on and wouldn' sell them one unless they really wanted them.

Procare

Procare:

You name says it all in this business:  You are a 'pro" and you "care."  A winning combination for going the long distance.

I sold Westinghouse canisters for a brief period after I threw HOOVER products out.  W-House were not the best vacuums on the market by a long shot.  I liked the sales rep.  A young Jewish college grad who got shafted by HOOVER and suffered a terrible personal tragedy: The unsolved murder of his 5 year old daughter.  When he jumped to W-House I put the entire line in my store.  I stood behind the products and that was the best selling feature I could make to the customers who bought them.  One of the best personal and professional experiences and joys in my entire business career.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #205   Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm
Not one bad-mouther has been able to belly up with a brand name and model from the cordless handheld category that out-sucks and out-filters the DC16.  Surprise, surprise.

DIB

This message was modified Aug 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #206   Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm
Belly up yourself DIB and tell us how many you bought/used and/or gifted away at $150-$200.  Before you criticize the splinter in your neighbor's eye, remove the plank from your own.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #207   Aug 11, 2009 8:17 pm
  DysonInventsBig wrote:
 Not one bad-mouther has been able to...  Q: [Can anyone] belly up with a brand name and model from the cordless handheld category that out-sucks and out-filters the DC16?  Surprise, surprise.

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
Belly up yourself DIB and tell us how many you bought/used and/or gifted away at $150-$200.  Before you criticize the splinter in your neighbor's eye, remove the plank from your own.

Carmine D.

Carmine’s out.

Anyone else have the answer to my straightforward and fair question (quoted above)?...   Anyone?

DIB
This message was modified Aug 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #208   Aug 11, 2009 9:01 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
  <BR>Carmine’s out.<BR><BR>Anyone else have the answer to my straightforward and fair question (quoted above)?...   Anyone?<BR><BR><BR>DIB

Who cares? No one.

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #209   Aug 11, 2009 9:54 pm
Venson wrote:
Who cares? No one.

Venson

Says you.  Manufacturers and consumers care.

Venson’s out.

Anyone else have the answer to my straightforward and fair question (quoted above)?...   Anyone?

DIB

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #210   Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any cordless handheld vacuum that sucks more than the Dyson DC16.   However, once the 5 minutes are up, every other handheld whips the Dyson.  Since you are so impressed by it, when will you actually buy one?    

cordless handheld category that out-sucks and out-filters the DC16?

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine’s out.

DIB

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #211   Aug 12, 2009 12:15 am
DIB,

Your lack of common sense is disturbing.  Dyson truly deserves a better advocate than you.  I'm beginning to wonder if you're really a TTI troll.  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #212   Aug 12, 2009 6:07 am
Severus wrote:
DIB,

Your lack of common sense is disturbing.  Dyson truly deserves a better advocate than you.  I'm beginning to wonder if you're really a TTI troll.  

Hello Severus:

Interesting observation about DIB.  When a poor overpriced product [DC16] has a weak advocate [DIB], all the rest of the competition gets the market share and the advertisement is free. 

Save to say that at 2 of the dyson's competitors in the handheld market, the Dirt Devil Ultra and Black& Decker pivot vacuum, one corded with a revolving brush and one cordless with tools, at $35 and $50 keep on going after dyson's DC16 [$150-$200] needs another 3-5 hour charge for 5 minutes more of clean up.  No wonder vacmanuk's friend start's the car clean up with dyson's DC16 and has to finish the job with a Dirt Devil. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 203 - 212 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42