Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 73 - 82 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vaclov

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #73   Aug 7, 2009 1:06 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks for the great picture vaclov.

By the way, what's that upright in the background?

Venson

That's the new redesigned FreshEra upright, its been out on the market for a while now.  I have always wanted to run one around the house to see how it performed.  Its Electrolux's answer to the Oreck.
Lucky1

Reply #74   Aug 10, 2009 5:29 pm
It looks like a Fixed 2 Piece wand????? How un-inspired is that? And that split upper & Lower section is and will always be a nightmare.
Vernon

Reply #75   Aug 10, 2009 6:47 pm
The hand grip and wands are identical to the tri star setup and are interchangeable. 
Vernon

Reply #76   Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm
I guess I should clarify a little better, the wands are interchangeable as I took the new lux wands and put them on a tri star and vice versa, I didn't take the hand grip of the hose and try putting it on the other hose. 
procare

Reply #77   Sep 25, 2009 1:02 am
Just got the news about the line of cleaners from Aerus on their change in power. Gee, they all have 439 Air Watts power- The Guardian Ultra , the Legacy and the Classic canister. What is different about them is price, features, and warranties. The Guardian Upright that came out in April with 319 Air Watts Power is now 394 Air Watts Power. No change in price at this time. Oh by the way the changes usually come around April and October.

Procare

This message was modified Sep 25, 2009 by procare
CarmineD

Reply #78   Sep 25, 2009 7:08 am
procare wrote:
Just got the news about the line of cleaners from Aerus on their change in power. Gee, they all have 439 Air Watts power- The Guardian Ultra , the Legacy and the Classic canister. What is different about them is price, features, and warranties. The Guardian Upright that came out in April with 319 Air Watts Power is now 394 Air Watts Power. No change in price at this time. Oh by the way the changes usually come around April and October.

Procare

Thanks Procare for the heads-up.  Sounds interesting. 

Carmine D.

vaclov

Reply #79   Oct 11, 2009 12:41 pm
Check out  www.aerusonline.com
They have finally updated their website with the new redesigned vacuums.
This message was modified Oct 11, 2009 by vaclov
CarmineD

Reply #80   Oct 12, 2009 1:28 pm
vaclov wrote:
Check out  www.aerusonline.com
They have finally updated their website with the new redesigned vacuums.

Designed and assembled in the USA with 20 year limited warranty. 

N-I-C-E.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 12, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #81   Oct 12, 2009 2:10 pm
Hi,

A 20-year warranty but only a 20-foot cord unfortunately. The Ultra Guardian and the Legacy come with the electric mini-nozzle included. However, I think, considering cost, the Legacy and Classic will be the better deal for buyers.

What size is the brushless motor mentioned in comparison to the standard motor they'd used?

Venson
Vernon

Reply #82   Oct 12, 2009 3:54 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

I think, considering cost, the Legacy and Classic will be the better deal for buyers.

What size is the brushless motor mentioned in comparison to the standard motor they'd used?

Venson

Venson,

I agree with you that the Legacy and Classic are the best bang for your bucks here.  If you want to increase the filtration on these two models, just purchase hepa bags instead of using standard paper.  By the way, the Legacy is the quieter of the three.

In regards to the vac motor, it is made by Johnson electric, it is a single stage.  Also, it does have carbon brushes.  It is rather deceiving though, as the brushes come right after the fan unit, and the body of the motor is encased over them.  We are so used to seeing the fan unit, field, brushes on the commutator, and the bearing coming right after this at the end.  Not so in this model.  The brushes are located about half way down the motor.  I do believe Ametek Lamb has a similar version called the Advantek series where they have done the same thing in regards to brush location.   If memory is correct, I believe it is a 5.25 inch diameter???  motor.  Have I seen the motor-yes, held it in my paws. 

Vernon
Replies: 73 - 82 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42