Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Original Message   Mar 12, 2009 4:11 pm
It's true, no more clutch.  It uses a brushroll motor.
This message was modified Jun 24, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 143 - 152 of 177Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Reply #143   Aug 1, 2009 7:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

The only thing dyson beat was the money out of the people who bought dysons.  Like flushing $500 down the toilet. 

Interesting the pricing disagreement that got dyson kicked out of W*M for 2 years.  In 2003, W*M had an exclusive dyson called the All Carpets with an MSRP for $359.  [No clutch].  On sale W*M typically sold for $309-$319.  When the exclusive contract expired, W*M starting selling the DC07 All Floors with an MSRP of $379.  Not selling in 2004/5, W*M lowered the price to the $319 [the selling price of the All Carpet].  James and dyson had a hissy fit and cried like a baby.  W*M having already contracted with HOOVER for a 2 year deal with HOOVER Fusion in the Spring of 2005 told Sir James to take all the unsold DC07's back with REFUNDS to W*M.  James did.  A boat load.  James dumped them on BEST BUY stores.  BB took over 4 years to get rid of them.  In 2007, James grovelled to W*M and begged W*M to take dysons back in.  Had to pull some management strings to get the deal done.  No exclusives tho since with W*M.  In fall 2008, the smaller Sam's Club, took on the DC27 as an exclusive discussed in this thread.  They are selling like Jim Beam bourbon to Mormons at the Temple in Salt Lake City.  5 reviews in almost 10 months.  Wow.  HOOVER Fusion was one of W*M's most popular vacuum sellers of all times.  Even the dyson insider/rep who used to post here, Matt mmc/Airblade, fessed up to that fact on several occasions here.  

Carmine D. 

Thanks for confessing up that you exagerated in your original statement about Fusion keeping Dyson out of WM for 2 years when the real reason was a pricing disagreement as I stated.

We already established that 5 reviews in 10 months is more positive that 8 reviews in 24 + months.  We also established that Dyson beat Fusion ratings.

I would expect the $119 vac to sell more units than the $300 + vac at WM.  Does Timex sell more watches than Rolex?  Would most of the Timex owners buy Rolex if they were the same price.  It is difficult for WM shoppers to justify a $350 vac for their double wide. Mud flaps, hunting equipment and beer are more important to WM shoppers.

CarmineD

Re: The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Reply #144   Aug 2, 2009 6:36 am
Big diff HS:

Both watches tell time the same but timex watches don't sell for rolex prices.  Overcharging for mediocre performance [dyson] doesn't make it a better performer [than HOOVER Fusion].

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #145   Aug 2, 2009 12:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Big diff HS:

Both watches tell time the same but timex watches don't sell for rolex prices.  Overcharging for mediocre performance [dyson] doesn't make it a better performer [than HOOVER Fusion].

Carmine D.

And lets not forget.....Takes a lick'n....keeps on Tick'n........@1/20 th the cost......same end result....they tell u the time.

Except with all the leftover money you can have alot of dinner and movie nights....with the ''other''you get to sit home and look at it..while watching a HSN

dyson demo gone oh sooooo wrong.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #146   Aug 2, 2009 3:10 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
And lets not forget.....Takes a lick'n....keeps on Tick'n........@1/20 th the cost......same end result....they tell u the time.

Except with all the leftover money you can have alot of dinner and movie nights....with the ''other''you get to sit home and look at it..while watching a HSN

dyson demo gone oh sooooo wrong.

turtle1

For sure 'turtle1'

Duson Dave can't make the pitch that the new and improved dyson for $600 gets more of the deep down dirt and then not provide proof for the promise!  People see through this as sales puffing.  You can get by with a $40 swivel vac and some sales puffing like it works for 45 minutes on a charge.  But for $ 6 C notes, you have to show something definite, not just car names [cam, torque] and promises.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #147   Aug 2, 2009 5:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
For sure 'turtle1'

Duson Dave can't make the pitch that the new and improved dyson for $600 gets more of the deep down dirt and then not provide proof for the promise!  People see through this as sales puffing.  You can get by with a $40 swivel vac and some sales puffing like it works for 45 minutes on a charge.  But for $ 6 C notes, you have to show something definite, not just car names [cam, torque] and promises.

Carmine D.

Hi carmine.....just me i guess. but i thought you practiced before you went on t.v [infomercial ] so that when you went on t.v

you looked like or at least seemed as if you knew or had an idea of what you were doing....this would at least be an attempt  to justify the massive price.

dyson coulda learned alot from BILLY MAYES.

CarmineD

Reply #148   Aug 2, 2009 6:28 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi carmine.....just me i guess. but i thought you practiced before you went on t.v [infomercial ] so that when you went on t.v

you looked like or at least seemed as if you knew or had an idea of what you were doing....this would at least be an attempt  to justify the massive price.

dyson coulda learned alot from BILLY MAYES.

Hello 'turtle1'

BILLY MAYES has enthusiam and zeal for his products.  Dyson Dave is 25 minutes of dull and boring.  An effort to watch.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #149   Aug 2, 2009 8:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Big diff HS:

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:
Thanks for confessing up that you exagerated in your original statement about Fusion keeping Dyson out of WM for 2 years when the real reason was a pricing disagreement as I stated.

We already established that 5 reviews in 10 months is more positive that 8 reviews in 24 + months.  We also established that Dyson beat Fusion ratings.

I would expect the $119 vac to sell more units than the $300 + vac at WM.  1. Does Timex sell more watches than Rolex?  2.Would most of the Timex owners buy Rolex if they were the same price.  It is difficult for WM shoppers to justify a $350 vac for their double wide. Mud flaps, hunting equipment and beer are more important to WM shoppers.

You did not answer questions 1 and 2.  I understand why. That would add substance to my statement about cheaper vacs selling better at WM.

retard, Hoover is like the Timex.  It took a lickin from Dyson.  Dyson is still tickin.  Hoover had to be rescued.

retardturtle1

Reply #150   Aug 2, 2009 9:56 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You did not answer questions 1 and 2.  I understand why. That would add substance to my statement about cheaper vacs selling better at WM.

retard, Hoover is like the Timex.  It took a lickin from Dyson.  Dyson is still tickin.  Hoover had to be rescued.

H.S...dbl wide-beer- mudflaps....you forgot the sofa on the front porch..dueling banjos off in the distance ...hahaha good one.....but i seriously doubt time/watches  or a vacuum have a place way back in that neck of the woods.......  i saw DELIVERANCE........not good.

yet the comp  produces a vac/vacs  that excells where dyson cant....hasnt beat them....same quality better perf at  a far better price....while keeping it simple.

dyson has complicated the simple....evident in his prices....sometimes simple just works better ,

DysonInventsBig

Reply #151   Aug 3, 2009 6:13 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
H.S...dbl wide-beer- mudflaps....you forgot the sofa on the front porch..dueling banjos off in the distance ...hahaha good one.....but i seriously doubt time/watches  or a vacuum have a place way back in that neck of the woods.......  i saw DELIVERANCE........not good.

yet the comp  produces a vac/vacs  that excells where dyson cant....hasnt beat them....same quality better perf at  a far better price....while keeping it simple.

dyson has complicated the simple....evident in his prices....sometimes simple just works better ,

Can you be specific?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #152   Aug 3, 2009 6:31 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Can you be specific?

DIB

I'd be happy to.  The clutch on the DC07 and 14.  How's that for a start.  Note your own editorial comment in the thread.  Surely you must agree, yes?

There is a wonderful word in the English language: KISS.  We know it has ameaning as an acronym: Keep it simple stupid.  Sir James with all his high paid engineers and lawyers doesn't get it.

Carmine D.

Replies: 143 - 152 of 177Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42