Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Miele at Macy's . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Miele at Macy's . . .
Original Message   Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm
I had to go into Manhattan today to do a little business and decided to take a look in Macy's to see what was going on. One major change is that they don't just run up and blast you anymore when you're passing through the men's fragrance department. Now the salespeople just spritz a little of the Versace or whatever they're pushing on a business card and politely hand it to you so that you can take a leisurely whiff now and then as you take a tour of the store and decide whether you like it. Anyway -- that's about as far as "tone" went.

I don't know if it still holds the title as the world's largest department store but it's not quite the turn-on it used to be. The vacuum department is sort of just there. I felt just as at home as I do in the wasteland at Costco.

In any event, I was surprised to see the Calisto canister with lesser power nozzle ($889.00) plus two of the straight suction Galaxy models. Looks like Miele is slowly but surely takin' it to the streets.

There was also a Dyson Ball upright plus a Dyson canister with PN, a couple of Hoover uprights and a small assortment of steam mops.

Macy's has got pots, pans and kitchen electrics aplenty but never seem to get it right with the vacuums.

Venson
This message was modified Jul 16, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Miele at Macy's . . .
Reply #1   Jul 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Hello Venson:

Good ole Macy's.  Can't beat their parades. 

I'm a fan of the fragrance and perfume counters and they are always my first place to visit when I go.  I'm partial to the attractive female sales people at the counters and walking the floors to drum up business.  They are always very nice on the eyes and I have on occasion made some purchases just because I couldn't refuse a pretty face and fragrance with a sales pitch.   

Next always onto the vacuums.  Maybe they should use the perfume and fragrance counter ladies to sell the vacuums!  Now that might spark some sales!  Who knows?  Perhaps a dyson and a Dior combo? 

Carmine D. 

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42