Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .
Original Message   Jul 13, 2009 5:27 pm
I may be a johnny-come-lately but I have just discovered that Sanitaire (Electrolux) has added a direct-air lightweight upright to its DuraLux vacuum line. No attachments of course. Its advantage is the use of magnesium in place of plastic. The cleaner's weight is claimed to be 10 lb. without its 30-foot cord. The cleaner draws 5 amps and has a horizontally positioned fan (standard Eureka).

Online vendors claim there is a height adjustment for its all-metal brushroll but no indication of the like is in the owners manual.

However, if there is a real advantage re weight and wearability due to magnesium it incorporates, even better it prices as low as $165 although as high as $300 online.

http://www.sanitairevac.com/commercial/products/duralux/sc9050.html

Venson
This message was modified Jul 13, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .
Reply #13   Jul 15, 2009 9:20 am
WRT Garry vacuum and comparison to a dyson, the informercial uses a DC15 ball model showing dyson's upright vacuum is heavy, awkward, damages low clearance furniture and is unable to get under the furniture for cleaning.  On these points, unlike the ORECK, the Garry advertisement is correct. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #14   Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am
CarmineD wrote:
WRT Garry vacuum and comparison to a dyson, the informercial uses a DC15 ball model showing dyson's upright vacuum is heavy, awkward, damages low clearance furniture and is unable to get under the furniture for cleaning.  On these points, unlike the ORECK, the Garry advertisement is correct. 

Carmine D.

It does little good to get under furniture if the vac will not remove the dirt under it.  Also, the type of furniture used is not typical in most modern homes. 
CarmineD

Reply #15   Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
It does little good to get under furniture if the vac will not remove the dirt under it.  Also, the type of furniture used is not typical in most modern homes. 

HS:

Didn't you read the economic news:  New home and furniture sales have tanked since the fall of 2007 and still.  What's old is new and modern now.

Carmine D. 

retardturtle1

Reply #16   Jul 15, 2009 8:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

What they don't say, is that the belt in the ORECK is off, rendering the brush roll inoperable.  In such a case, ORECK will push the M&M's around.  With the belt on, the ORECK will devour the M&M's in short order.  It's a routine test performed for the ORECK demoes in all their stores!

Carmine D.

hi carmine

wow thats intresting....i never even cosidered that.  is that a common practice....in all info/commercials i kinda figurd it was some trick editing.

and ive yet to find out or even hear where anyone has any additional info on the g-vac....have your sources run into a wall also?

all this internet and not a trace of anything.

HARDSELL

Reply #17   Jul 15, 2009 9:37 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

wow thats intresting....i never even cosidered that.  is that a common practice....in all info/commercials i kinda figurd it was some trick editing.

and ive yet to find out or even hear where anyone has any additional info on the g-vac....have your sources run into a wall also?

all this internet and not a trace of anything.

Carmine gave an opinion.  I doubt the belt was off.  
retardturtle1

Reply #18   Jul 15, 2009 9:45 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

okay...so you ever heard of the belt off  demo? i mean it  is a possibility.  gerry/tricks of the trade?
CarmineD

Reply #19   Jul 16, 2009 6:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:

HS:

I have proof that the belt was off.  Using my and my daughter's ORECK XL Classics, I did the following:  Spread a group of M&M's in two areas on the rug and floor in my daughter's home.  Then, I disconnected the belt in one and proceeded to use it on the M&M's.  Without the belt connected, ORECK pushed the M&M's away [as was the case in the Gerry vacuum demo].  Then using the ORECK with the connected belt, I devoured the M&M's on both the floor and rug.  That's a fact, not an opinion.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #20   Jul 16, 2009 7:00 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
okay...so you ever heard of the belt off  demo? i mean it  is a possibility.  gerry/tricks of the trade?

Hello 'turtle1'

Performing the same demo with the Gerry vacuum belt off would probably yield the same results as the ORECK with a disconnected belt!  Yes, most definitely tricks of the trade.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #21   Jul 16, 2009 1:48 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

Performing the same demo with the Gerry vacuum belt off would probably yield the same results as the ORECK with a disconnected belt!  Yes, most definitely tricks of the trade.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

i asked my boss today about the g-vac...has no clue what or who im talking about. neither did a couple of guys in the industry i ordered parts from.

add in the fact that the oreck guy you spoke with hasnt ...g-vac really under the radar. i read one review on CR vac page where someone loved it...but the rest were really bad reviews.....customer service was a nightmare...long hold times....hung up on/disconnect......guess dyson isnt worst after all...theyll give you the runaround but wont hang up on you.  perhaps your shopvac/gerry vac  idea is not so far off....just cant see how nobody has yet to expose them or more of them. a ghost indeed.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Jul 16, 2009 6:32 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

i asked my boss today about the g-vac...has no clue what or who im talking about. neither did a couple of guys in the industry i ordered parts from.

add in the fact that the oreck guy you spoke with hasnt ...g-vac really under the radar. i read one review on CR vac page where someone loved it...but the rest were really bad reviews.....customer service was a nightmare...long hold times....hung up on/disconnect......guess dyson isnt worst after all...theyll give you the runaround but wont hang up on you.  perhaps your shopvac/gerry vac  idea is not so far off....just cant see how nobody has yet to expose them or more of them. a ghost indeed.

Hello 'turtle1'

It would seem for a new product, exclusive to the market and industry [a lightweight with OBT], G-vacuum would make more of an effort to promote and promulgate.  But, at least so far, just a TV infomercial once in a blue moon.  Not the way to advertise and sell your product.   I would think even an ad here would work wonders to get needed attention and sales.  But not yet.

Carmine D.

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42