Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

going back-hoover
Original Message   Jul 6, 2009 6:01 pm
of  all the hoovers ive come across..the runabout[ u-5064930]./.convertble[u4119]...are the least liked..

yet its performance is on par with what some have considered great deep  cleaners..

..or  powerhouse vacs of same time period....so could those of you who have some knowledge of these units

please give some first hand input as to why or what were  the flaws in these units...nobody at the shop

even remembers them ,,so no help  there.....and what were the features of the others of this time period

that made them so much better than the above....nobody seems to know?

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: going back-hoover
Reply #8   Jul 7, 2009 12:26 pm
Hi 'turtle1"

Interesting observations about that ceratin d brand vacuum.  Some here like to compare that d brand with HOOVER for the many different models and types.  I don't like the comparison.

HOOVER offered low end to meddlin to high end in all price ranges and budgets for all persons regardless of their lifestyle situations.  As I said, the U4119, the Runabout, and Elite uprights along with a host of others like these had entry level prices.  The intent of these cheap models was to impress and solidify their performance in the customers' minds with the HOOVER brand.  Expecting that as the facts and circumstances of the entry level buyers changed, they would trade up to the higher price HOOVER models.  Not unlike GM and their 5 brands: The chevy for the hoi polloi, the pontiac for the poor but proud, the oldsmobile for the comfortable, the buick for the striving, and the cadillac for the rich.

The d brand can't say the same.  It's high price, higher price and highest price.  Okay for good times and buyers.  Bad strategy in poor times with cash strapped buyers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #9   Jul 7, 2009 1:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi 'turtle1"

Interesting observations about that ceratin d brand vacuum.  Some here like to compare that d brand with HOOVER for the many different models and types.  I don't like the comparison.

HOOVER offered low end to meddlin to high end in all price ranges and budgets for all persons regardless of their lifestyle situations.  As I said, the U4119, the Runabout, and Elite uprights along with a host of others like these had entry level prices.  The intent of these cheap models was to impress and solidify their performance in the customers' minds with the HOOVER brand.  Expecting that as the facts and circumstances of the entry level buyers changed, they would trade up to the higher price HOOVER models.  Not unlike GM and their 5 brands: The chevy for the hoi polloi, the pontiac for the poor but proud, the oldsmobile for the comfortable, the buick for the striving, and the cadillac for the rich.

The d brand can't say the same.  It's high price, higher price and highest price.  Okay for good times and buyers.  Bad strategy in poor times with cash strapped buyers.

Carmine D.

Hoover was the GM of vacuums.  Numerous models and more introduced every few months.  No improvement, just another model name.  It went the way of GM.  Had to be bailed out to survive.

Dyson is the Lexus of vacuums.  Expensive and worth it if you can afford one.  Slower sales in bad economic times but surviving.  No bilout/buyout requested to date.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Jul 7, 2009 1:49 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Hoover was the GM of vacuums.  Numerous models and more introduced every few months.  No improvement, just another model name.  It went the way of GM.  Had to be bailed out to survive.

Dyson is the Lexus of vacuums.  Expensive and worth it if you can afford one.  Slower sales in bad economic times but surviving.  No bilout/buyout requested to date.

Sorry HS have to disagree with your comparison.  HOOVER was SOLD by MAYATG to Whirpool.  No bail out.  Arm's length transaction with several suitors in the running.  Then TTI bought HOOVER from WP.  As I told/showed here Warren Buffett, the Oracle of Omaha, has invested money in TTI since its purchase of HOOVER. 

Do you own a Lexus and/or dyson? 

Slower sales?  More like non-existent in 2009, probably dyson's worse sales year EVER!  Note the retailers' stores in the top 10 for revenues in 2008.  I posted on the thread that Venson started called Research.  Few if any are currently selling dyson's latest models in their stores.  On line only sales if they are.  Others carry discontinued dysons at huge discounts from MSRP just to clear them out of the storerooms, warehouses and shelves.  Don't have to be a genius to know the reason.  Expensive and not worth it compared to competition.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #11   Jul 7, 2009 5:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sorry HS have to disagree with your comparison.  HOOVER was SOLD by MAYATG to Whirpool.  No bail out.  Arm's length transaction with several suitors in the running.  Then TTI bought HOOVER from WP.  As I told/showed here Warren Buffett, the Oracle of Omaha, has invested money in TTI since its purchase of HOOVER. 

Slower sales?  More like non-existent in 2009, probably dyson's worse sales year EVER!  Note the retailers' stores in the top 10 for revenues in 2008.  I posted on the thread that Venson started called Research.  Few if any are currently selling dyson's latest models in their stores.  On line only sales if they are.  Others carry discontinued dysons at huge discounts from MSRP just to clear them out of the storerooms, warehouses and shelves.  Don't have to be a genius to know the reason.  Expensive and not worth it compared to competition.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

even then his clearence prices are above $300.....well above those whose performance meet or exceed

@ a much lower reg price....but isnt toyota the entry level maker...and lexus the med to higher end of toyota...its creator.

i mean i love RICCAR / PANSC / HOOVER / ORECK....so i make sure i own one...or all...and i can because they are very affordable

....not owning what i consider to be the best would be unacceptable...and uncivilized....but thats just an opinion...in a sea of many.

HARDSELL

Reply #12   Jul 7, 2009 6:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Hoover was bailed out by TTI.  I am familiar with the way that Whirlpool opertates and it is for sure that Hoover does not fit their business model.  Are you positive that Hoover was the only reason for WB's purchase?  Like all others he has suffered losses in the market.

My owning a Lexus is irrelevant.  As good as they are I still prefer my USA Ford.  If I travelled and wanted the ultimate in luxury I would own a Lexus. 

I have often how doom followed Dyson wherever you go.  They are alive and well in the local stores in TN and surrounding states.  Could it be that you are stretching the truth----AGAIN?

CarmineD

Reply #13   Jul 7, 2009 7:34 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Hoover was bailed out by TTI.  I am familiar with the way that Whirlpool opertates and it is for sure that Hoover does not fit their business model.  Are you positive that Hoover was the only reason for WB's purchase?  Like all others he has suffered losses in the market.

My owning a Lexus is irrelevant.  As good as they are I still prefer my USA Ford.  If I travelled and wanted the ultimate in luxury I would own a Lexus. 

I have often how doom followed Dyson wherever you go.  They are alive and well in the local stores in TN and surrounding states.  Could it be that you are stretching the truth----AGAIN?

Just as I thought HS.  You and others boast of your fave brand here but don't own it.  Any wonder your fave brand sales are falling exponentially? 

WRT the truth, I like to quote the Bible to you and others who criticize and impugn those who disagree with you about your fave brand vacuum.  Before you chastize the splinter in your neighbor's eye, remove the log from your own.  Dyson and BEST BUY dropped the price of their latest and greatest DC28 by $100 in less than a month of its launch.  From $600 to $500.  Not because DC28 sales are booming.  They are non-existent. 

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Jul 7, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #14   Jul 7, 2009 7:37 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

even then his clearence prices are above $300.....well above those whose performance meet or exceed

@ a much lower reg price....but isnt toyota the entry level maker...and lexus the med to higher end of toyota...its creator.

i mean i love RICCAR / PANSC / HOOVER / ORECK....so i make sure i own one...or all...and i can because they are very affordable

....not owning what i consider to be the best would be unacceptable...and uncivilized....but thats just an opinion...in a sea of many.

Hi 'turtle1'

I agree on all accounts. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #15   Jul 7, 2009 7:43 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
 Like all others he [WB] has suffered losses in the market.

I did not HS.  In August 2006, I cashed out of all my market positions.  Put all of it in cash and cash equivalents.  My two brokers disagreed with me and my actions at the time.  I did it anyway.  They have both been laid off.   Why?  Something you will understand.  Lack of buys and sells in the investment business.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #16   Jul 8, 2009 10:28 am
CarmineD wrote:
I did not HS.  In August 2006, I cashed out of all my market positions.  Put all of it in cash and cash equivalents.  My two brokers disagreed with me and my actions at the time.  I did it anyway.  They have both been laid off.   Why?  Something you will understand.  Lack of buys and sells in the investment business.

Carmine D.

You did not stay in the market.  
CarmineD

Reply #17   Jul 8, 2009 12:26 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You did not stay in the market.  

If you are asking me a question, the answer is I did not stay in the market when I liquidated all my positions in August 2006.  I am still not in.  If it is an observation, you are correct. 

After many years and many experiences both in UP, DOWN and side way markets you know when to sit on the sidelines and spectate rather than participate. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42