Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 60 - 69 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #60   Aug 4, 2009 2:48 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Is that 8 on the road and 7 in the city combined to get 15?

No that's 8 new DC25's sold and 7 returned in less than 3 months that didn't run due to a faulty motor wiring harness.  For a total of 15 dissatisfied people.  The 8 that flushed $500 down the toilet for a DC25 and the 6 DC07 and DC14 clutch repairs for $100-$135 each who may have traded up to a DC25 but won't.  Why? Because the dyson dealer for North Las Vegas [number 15] refuses to sell the dyson ball model.  Why?  He has too much business integrity and honesty to sell dyson ball vacuums that he knows will come back in under warranty for repairs.  Amazing how the numbers grow exponentially when word of mouth by these 15 disgruntled dyson users/seller gets out into the market place to others.  Like me.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #61   Aug 4, 2009 8:44 pm
CarmineD wrote:
No that's 8 new DC25's sold and 7 returned in less than 3 months that didn't run due to a faulty motor wiring harness.  For a total of 15 dissatisfied people.  The 8 that flushed $500 down the toilet for a DC25 and the 6 DC07 and DC14 clutch repairs for $100-$135 each who may have traded up to a DC25 but won't.  Why? Because the dyson dealer for North Las Vegas [number 15] refuses to sell the dyson ball model.  Why?  He has too much business integrity and honesty to sell dyson ball vacuums that he knows will come back in under warranty for repairs.  Amazing how the numbers grow exponentially when word of mouth by these 15 disgruntled dyson users/seller gets out into the market place to others.  Like me.

Carmine D.

Must have been using some of those faulty Hoover switches.  Didn't they cause some fires.  Also what was the fine imposed on Hoover for failure to report the switches? 
retardturtle1

Reply #62   Aug 4, 2009 10:41 pm
vaclov wrote:
New Electrolux Specs:

Electrical rating 10 amps at 120 volts
Air watts (motor) 439
CFM 145
Canister weight 11.9 lbs
Power Nozzle weight 4.6 lbs
Canister dimensions 24"l x 9"w x 8.5"h
Power nozzle dimensions 3.5"h x 15"w x 8"deep
Cord length 20 ft
Filter bag capacity 2.5 us qts Type c bag
20 year limited warranty

Power Nozzle now has an overheat shutoff.
The Aerus symbol lights up when plugged in to show its ready.

This info came from "pr-21" at the Vacuum Discussion forum. I wish there were some pictures of the vacuum.

So at those posted numbers...could you use a standard lux bag , or a cloth bag due to the power of the new motor. .I had read somewhere that  PERFECT  had to use cloth on their model.... or do paper bags have the strength to handle it....given the small size of bag...- just curious but how do the lux brown bags compare to the micron magic  paper  bags in terms of durability and filtering?
This message was modified Aug 4, 2009 by retardturtle1
Vernon

Reply #63   Aug 5, 2009 11:19 am
Lux is still using their standard C Home solutions bags in these newer more powerful units.  I highly recommend using the perfect bag (which is cloth hepa rated) or any other brand of cloth hepa (endust comes to mind) in a lux machine.  In fact, I will never use paper again as the cloth/hepa type are soooo superior in filtration, airflow, and useful life.  Yes, the perfect bags are much, much stronger, the cardboard collar is about 50% thicker to withstand the tremendous suction the perfect unit produces.  I have never had the bag separate from the collar with the perfect bag, unlike others which have. 

Vernon
procare

Reply #64   Aug 5, 2009 11:57 am
Vernon said use the Perfect bag and not the OEM from Aerus. Sorry, if you do the warranty will go null and void.The bags are designed and known to work in the Aerus products.I am not comfortable with the  Perfect bag I have seen.

The Ultra Filtration Technolgy has for it's bag gives 94% effecient at removing particles as small as 0.3 microns, including smoke , mold, bacteria, dust and dust mites ,pollen, pet dander and lung damaging particles.

Anti Microbial  Growth of germs ,bacteria ,mold and mildew inside the bag is prevented by anti microbial agent.

The bags for the Aerus 4 times more effective than the previous 4 ply they had since 1952. They are designed to take the suction or  there would be a change.  Designed  to fit bags - the majority have not given the filtration in use  as good as OEM.

Procare

mole

Reply #65   Aug 5, 2009 1:50 pm
Hmm this comment from PROCARE, does raise some warranty issues.
CarmineD

Reply #66   Aug 5, 2009 1:54 pm
mole wrote:
Hmm this comment from PROCARE, does raise some warranty issues.

PROCARE:  He's the Man!

Carmine D.

budmattingly

Reply #67   Aug 5, 2009 7:47 pm
Genuine Style C Bags,

I actually have the new Lux Guardian Ultra. I have only had it since Monday, but have ran in each day. When this bag issue came up I went and looked inside the bag with a flashlight from where the hose connects. I have a genuine style c bag in and the airflow inside the bag has torn the inner ply away from the bag  where the bag is glued together. It does make me wonder if these bags will hold up under the extra power this vacuum has. I also have another question. I bought mine without seeing first so I don't know how they are supposed to sound. Mine has a higher pitch sound to it and is louder than a SR6500 motor. This is supposed to have a brushless motor in it and I have never heard a brushless motor before so I have nothing to go by. A friend of mine did say the Rainbow E2 brushless motor is not quite so maybe this is how brushless motors are. I have ran this for 45 minutes at a time. No problem with overheating.

Any help is welcome,

Bud

procare

Reply #68   Aug 5, 2009 8:47 pm
Bud,

If you have an issue with the bag Aerus will want to know.Without my seeing the bag I can't determine what may be wrong. The company  i know wants you not to have a problem and will work with you on any problem.

Procare

Talk to Dave at Cincy to check your bag.

vaclov

Reply #69   Aug 7, 2009 10:32 am

New picture courteous of "williamr1248" from the VD forum.
Replies: 60 - 69 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42