Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 118 - 127 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vernon

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #118   Oct 27, 2009 9:02 pm
Bud,

If you were to remove your hepa filter and look into the hole where the air is discharged, this is where the "sound filter" is pushed in.

Vernon
budmattingly

Reply #119   Nov 2, 2009 8:30 pm
I finally received an answer to the bag issue. They concide that their is a problem where the inner layer overlaps and said they have taken measures to correct the problem. They assured me that it does not significantly effect the performance of the bag in any way. Obviously they will make sure the inner bag is glued at the seam and perhaps in more places along the inner bag surface. Wonder how long it will take to get the new bags in? I would imagine they will try and sell whatever stock they have before sending out the new stock.....

I guess until the bag problem is fixed, I will change it every 3 or 4 weeks, depending on use. It almost makes me want to put the perfect vacuum hepa bag in, but I don't want to void the 20 year warranty. The cardboard is thicker on the perfect vacuum bag. Don't know if this would cause a problem shutting the lid with the thicker carboard or not? Seems like it would....

Bud

CarmineD

Reply #120   Nov 3, 2009 7:02 am
budmattingly wrote:
I finally received an answer to the bag issue. They concide that their is a problem where the inner layer overlaps and said they have taken measures to correct the problem. They assured me that it does not significantly effect the performance of the bag in any way. Obviously they will make sure the inner bag is glued at the seam and perhaps in more places along the inner bag surface. Wonder how long it will take to get the new bags in? I would imagine they will try and sell whatever stock they have before sending out the new stock.....

I guess until the bag problem is fixed, I will change it every 3 or 4 weeks, depending on use. It almost makes me want to put the perfect vacuum hepa bag in, but I don't want to void the 20 year warranty. The cardboard is thicker on the perfect vacuum bag. Don't know if this would cause a problem shutting the lid with the thicker carboard or not? Seems like it would....

Bud

Hello Bud:

Thanks for the post with the Aerus response.  Changing more frequently until the corrected bags are received sounds like the best approach.  I too believe the thicker cardboard bag collar poses a potential problem for the Ultra G operation.  Even if you fit it with force, the integrity of the collar may be degraded causing a worse problem for dirt and dust by-pass than the weak bags.

Carmine D.

Vernon

Reply #121   Nov 3, 2009 11:10 am
The bag chamber and front door on the Guardian Ultimate is basically the same as any other Lux style C bag canister.  The perfect hepa bags work just fine, I have been using them for more than a year now.  If anything, the bag collar is far sturdier than the Lux ones.  Put a Lux bag in a Perfect canister, and the cardboard collar will separate into two as the suction/airflow is far greater in the Perfect.  (Been there done that)  I have not had a Perfect bag do this in a Lux application.  The door is a little harder to close, but that comes from the rubber gasket that is on the inlet, it can only compress so much.  Where you will notice a problem, if you want to call it that, is the little piece of cardboard that covers the inlet.  The Perfect bag is much more difficult to pierce through, as the collar is much thicker.  Once this is done, opening and closing the door really isn't that big of deal. 

Vernon
CarmineD

Reply #122   Nov 4, 2009 6:39 am
Vernon wrote:
The bag chamber and front door on the Guardian Ultimate is basically the same as any other Lux style C bag canister.  The perfect hepa bags work just fine, I have been using them for more than a year now.  If anything, the bag collar is far sturdier than the Lux ones.  Put a Lux bag in a Perfect canister, and the cardboard collar will separate into two as the suction/airflow is far greater in the Perfect.  (Been there done that)  I have not had a Perfect bag do this in a Lux application.  The door is a little harder to close, but that comes from the rubber gasket that is on the inlet, it can only compress so much.  Where you will notice a problem, if you want to call it that, is the little piece of cardboard that covers the inlet.  The Perfect bag is much more difficult to pierce through, as the collar is much thicker.  Once this is done, opening and closing the door really isn't that big of deal. 

Vernon

Hello Vernon:

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like a winner.  One question/concern is the 100 percent sealed HEPA system of the Ultra G.  By not using the bag designed and recommended for it, would/could the Lux perfect HEPA compromise the sealed HEPA system? 

Carmine D.

Hertz

Reply #123   Feb 6, 2010 6:25 pm
How would any of you say these new Lux's compare to a Miele S5 canister? How would you say the older Lux Guardian 9000 compares to a Miele? EDIT: Also, are the latest Aerus Lux's still made here in the U.S.A?
This message was modified Feb 6, 2010 by Hertz
Hertz

Reply #124   Feb 8, 2010 10:33 pm
Hello? Anybody?!
Venson

Reply #125   Feb 9, 2010 11:42 am
Hertz wrote:
How would any of you say these new Lux's compare to a Miele S5 canister? How would you say the older Lux Guardian 9000 compares to a Miele? EDIT: Also, are the latest Aerus Lux's still made here in the U.S.A?

Hi Hertz,

You're talking apples and oranges.  Lux has its own following and so does Miele and both probably always will.  Both clean satisfactorily. 

Personally, I've used Luxes for years but have never been impressed with the power nozzles. I do like Lux better since the HEPA after-filter has come into play but to my knowledge there is still no facility for a pre-filter.  Necessary?  Maybe.

Also there has not been much talk of impressively quiet Lux operation.

I own a Miele S5 and though I think more should have been thrown into the deal regarding price, I am more than satisfied with its performance.  The power nozzle has a sophisticated height adjustment -- so does less expensive Kenmore.  The hose handle puts complete control of the machine and PN right under my thumb.  I can thoroughly clean anything from thick broadloom to a scatter rug with little problem. Nice but also not news as there are a few other brands that can accomplish the same. 

So, what's the big deal for me?  Filtration.  With use of high-filtration Miele bags the bag chamber stays clean as a whistle and I like that.  Despite this bags filtering capability, there are pre-motor filters also supplied.  I like that as, after sale, I feel my investment has been as thoroughly protected as possible by the maker.  My biggest complaint about my Miele Capricorn is that the paint job isn't all that great OR durable.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the color is all the way through on Lux's plastic body machines.

By the way, the issue of place of manufacturer is being recognized too late.  If we as Americans had been more aware of the problems that would come from farming out supply and manufacture sources for things we want but don't need things might be better presently. Asia did not invade this country and hold guns on us and demand we buy its goods.  That was the work of overly ambitious American entrepreneurs looking to buy low, sell high and gain maximum profit no matter the cost. Nonethelees, its a little late for judgement calls don't you think?  The cat is out of the bag and the horse is out of the barn. 

Venson

Hertz

Reply #126   Feb 9, 2010 11:50 am
Thanks for the reply Venson, but I am really liking the Lux's engineering and desing; straight line build where there's bag, then motor, then filter, in that order - nothing besides eachother. I also really like the automatic shutoff, too. However, I'm really torn between a Miele, Sebo, and Lux. They're all great machines, but the ticker for me would be whether or not the NEWEST, LATEST Lux's are still build in the U.S.A, and when I called Aerus, they said they still were, so that's great B) So yeah, they're all incredible vacuums, that's for sure, but actually the REAL ticker for me now is whether or not the newest Lux's like the Legacy (or even the older Epic 6500), and Classic are COMPLETELY sealed, like a Miele? I know they're not HEPA, but they're damn near close, so that's not an issue, but what WOULD be an issue if there would be ANY AIR coming out of like the cord rewind and such with the Lux's. Could you verify that they are completely sealed or not?
vacmanuk

Reply #127   Feb 9, 2010 12:43 pm
Air escaping out of a cord rewind outlet doesn't neccessarily mean that air is escaping from the motor or the bag area. I've never felt or heard any of the UK cylinders I've had which do this and that includes Hoover's venerable old Telios.
Replies: 118 - 127 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42