Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC11 is Back!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson DC11 is Back!
Original Message   Jun 13, 2009 9:43 am
Did anyone notice that the DC11 is back on some of the Dyson websites... Here's one that I thought was gone forever...
Replies: 51 - 60 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Dyson DC11 is Back!
Reply #51   Jun 20, 2009 1:12 am

HARDSELL wrote:

That is only 29% loss.

awwww..thank  you all over the place.
CarmineD

Reply #52   Jun 20, 2009 6:56 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine failed to mention the UK DC22 uses a carbon brush motor.  The U.S. DC22 uses a DDM...  88,000 rpm, pulls the Baird meter to 10 and sustains this for 4 - 7 years.

DIB

DIB:

I first went to the Japanese dyson site but unfortunately I can't read Japanese.  The dyson UK was the best alternative.  If you know the air watts for the DDM DC22 post them for all of us to know and judge.

I have a HOOVER China sourced cann with a cord winder purchased in August 2007 that I've used for almost going on 2 years now in a couple months.  It's smaller than the DDM DC22 and has full sized suction power with a full size rug/floor brush.  It cost $50.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Jun 20, 2009 7:05 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine failed to mention the UK DC22 uses a carbon brush motor.  The U.S. DC22 uses a DDM...  88,000 rpm, pulls the Baird meter to 10 and sustains this for 4 - 7 years.

DIB

DIB:   To date there is no US DDM DC 22.  Not on the USA dyson site.  If retailers have it, I haven't seen it and don't know if it is the UK carbon brush motor [that you speak of] and/or the Japanese DDM, which as was mentioned by retardturtle1 the rights may have been sold by James to the Japanese market exclusively.  I went to the Japanese site but couldn't make out the specs and costs.  Do you read Japanese?  Maybe you can assist here and provide some insight with the issues?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #54   Jun 20, 2009 7:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:
That is only 29% loss.

HS:

Using 'only' with 29.58 percent is logically inconsistent.  1/3 loss/gain of a motor's suction power is not ONLY, unless you are using sarcasm.  1/3 of something/anything is a substantial amount/percentage.  I keep telling you:  Take off those rose colored dyson glasses.

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #55   Jun 20, 2009 10:01 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
DIB:   To date there is no US DDM DC 22.  Not on the USA dyson site.  If retailers have it, I haven't seen it and don't know if it is the UK carbon brush motor [that you speak of] and/or the Japanese DDM, which as was mentioned by retardturtle1 the rights may have been sold by James to the Japanese market exclusively.  I went to the Japanese site but couldn't make out the specs and costs.  Do you read Japanese?  Maybe you can assist here and provide some insight with the issues?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Indeed, I had a friend translate the Dyson Japanese DDM DC22 web page and packaging after the vacuum launched, it’s the same information (same/near same vacuum) I’ve been posting here.  Anyways...  I appreciate your “unbiased” [retired] independent dealer spin, twist, slant on Dyson, that’s one of the reasons I participate here.

You’ve been choking (not unlike the vac’s you endorse) on the news that DDM DC22 will sell/is selling here in the U.S.  Online Dyson dealers have been selling the turbo nozzled DDM DC22 for some time (as others have posted).  Best Buy online has the DDM DC22 Motorhead on their site.

Why would an inventor/manufacturer who’s selling/been selling in Japan for sometime, sell or license his inventions to another manufacturer?  Where’s the advantage?

DIB
This message was modified Jun 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #56   Jun 20, 2009 1:32 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
. . .Online Dyson dealers have been selling the turbo nozzled DDM DC22 for some time (as others have posted).  Best Buy online has the DDM DC22 Motorhead on their site . . .

DIB

Hi,

Umm . . . little clarity is called for here I think. Per your mention, I just checked out BestBuy's website. The DC22 slot bears a great big "NEW" blurb but it's page also cites that it is on back order. Does that mean that the first batch was gobbled up by eager buyers or just that they don't have them yet?

Pertinent but being treated as an aside here, the DC22 is selling online only per BB's website. I don't exactly how this works but I have the feeling that as with the $200 Black & Decker VN1400P I bought (BB is selling this online only too) the bet is being hedged somehow. I could be wrong but I have the feeling that either Dyson or its distributors may be handling order on a fulfillment basis -- direct shipment per indiividual order -- as opposed to shipping in bulk to BB stores.

As well, BestBuy hss stupidly posted the following great news along with the $799.99 price.

9" cleaning path
Lets you cover a wide range of flooring with every pass. (This is really fudging things.)

16-3/5' cord
Lets you clean a large area before changing outlets. (A 16-foot cord for $800.)

Hit me with me with a couple more like this -- please. I'll be able to drop right off to sleep tonight without needing Daddy to read me a bedtime story.

Venson
Trilobite

Reply #57   Jun 20, 2009 2:54 pm
To my knowledge, there are no Dyson cleaners on sale in the UK fitted with the Digital motor. They all have conventional brush motors.

The only Dyson appliance fitted with the Digital Motor is the 'Airblade' hand drier.

Venson

Reply #58   Jun 20, 2009 3:08 pm
Trilobite wrote:
To my knowledge, there are no Dyson cleaners on sale in the UK fitted with the Digital motor. They all have conventional brush motors.</p><p>The only Dyson appliance fitted with the Digital Motor is the 'Airblade' hand drier.

Hi Trilobite,

Thanks.

Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #59   Jun 20, 2009 3:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Using 'only' with 29.58 percent is logically inconsistent.  1/3 loss/gain of a motor's suction power is not ONLY, unless you are using sarcasm.  1/3 of something/anything is a substantial amount/percentage.  I keep telling you:  Take off those rose colored dyson glasses.

Carmine D. 

Is that constant or peak air watts?  Air watts are not so important----------unless it is to criticize Dyson.
Trilobite

Reply #60   Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Trilobite:

Thanks for the DDM motor schematics.  Very interesting. 

Your pictures pigued my interest.  I checked the official dyson specs of the canisters on the dyson UK web site.  Interesting results.  Dyson's 5 year old DC11 with an encore presentation has 275 air watts.  Newest dyson DC19 T2 cann has 280 air watts.  DDM DC22 has 200 air watts.  200?  That's a far cry from full size power.   I'm even suspect of the nice even 200 number.  Does the DDM motor actually deliver suction power equivalent to industry standard vacuum motors?  Especially at the exorbitant price.  The reason for the smallish 7 inch rug nozzle on the DC22 may be the lesser suction power and not the maneuverability in tight spaces.

Carmine D.

You mention the DC11 @ 275 Air Watts. I had one for a spell, but found the suction just barely enough for driving the turbo brush, on short to medium pile, UK standard 80/20 wool nylon carpets. I did notice though, that as the pre-motor filter got dusty through normal use, the turbo brush got even more lethargic.

Also, to get full suction, you had to have the telescopic tubes fully extended. If you tried to collapse them, as you might if you were cleaning a surface close up - like stairs, for instance - the suction dropped as air got in at the joins between each tube section. This caused the turbo brush to run even slower.

Another problem with the DC11 was the failure of the exhaust filter to stay locked in place. The plastic softened with the motor heat, causing the filter click-tabs to become undone - so much for allergy class filtration!!!

Eventually I gave up on it and virtually gave it to a friend. She has laminated floors, and small short pile area rugs.

Dyson really should re-assess their cleaners' efficiencies. All the other manufacturers are perfectly aware of the benefits of 'sealed suction' systems, why not Dyson?

Dyson should manufacture cleaners with more suction power. Variable power would be a good idea too. And they should address the noise of their machines.

Replies: 51 - 60 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42