Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Are the new Air-Way bags as good as the old one? (opinions please)

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Mister_Bojack

Are the new Air-Way bags as good as the old one? (opinions please)
Original Message   Jun 17, 2009 3:06 pm
I'm about ready to take a friend up on his offer for an Air-Way, but I remember a controversy about the bags since Air-Way is out of business and the bag material is now being made differently.

How do the new bags hold up? Do they filter as well and more importantly, do they maintain suction as long as the old bags did?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Venson

Re: Are the new Air-Way bags as good as the old one? (opinions please)
Reply #1   Jun 17, 2009 6:33 pm
Mister_Bojack wrote:
I'm about ready to take a friend up on his offer for an Air-Way, but I remember a controversy about the bags since Air-Way is out of business and the bag material is now being made differently. <BR><BR>How do the new bags hold up? Do they filter as well and more importantly, do they maintain suction as long as the old bags did?

Hi,

Now that the company is no more there's not much to be done but use what's available. I have an Air-Way 88 tucked away and bought bags from my local vac shop for it late last year. (They are single-ply and pale greenish-blue in color.) They work well enough but I must say that I did not acquire the Air-Way for everyday use but more as a collector item.

Venson
Vernon

Reply #2   Jun 20, 2009 12:06 am
Will the "Air Tec" bags work in the old Air Way machines???   I thought someone told me they would.  Supposedly the Air Tec bags are of the filtrete/hepa media

Vernon
Venson

Reply #3   Jun 20, 2009 5:29 am
Vernon wrote:
Will the &quot;Air Tec&quot; bags work in the old Air Way machines???   I thought someone told me they would.  Supposedly the Air Tec bags are of the filtrete/hepa media<BR><BR>Vernon

Hi Vernon,

They might but I won't commit to a yes. The Air-Tec is the same Electro-Hygiene tank-type that Air-Way sold for years under its name and, as I recall, may be a slightly smaller machine than the standard Air-Way.

However, bags for the Vita Vac -- an Air-Way clone -- should fit standard Air-Ways with no problem. Link providing a phone number for parts follows.

http://www.vitamix.com/household/service/service_vac.asp

Best,

Venson
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42