Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 575 - 584 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
M00seUK

Reply #575   Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm
Dyson DC25 to feature in this summer's Transformers movie

Dyson's product placement in TV programmes such as Friends and CSI has often felt tedious at times, but there's no doubt in my mind that it's been very effective at raising the profile of the vacuum cleaner brand since the DC07 launch on the US market. I even noticed the Dyson Airblade in the new Star Trek movie recently; a number of units can be seen in the background of scenes in the sick bay.

It's rumoured that the DC25 will feature in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which is out this Friday.

http://www.t3.com/news/dyson-dc25-transforms-into-robot-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen?=39131

As I kid of the 80s myself and a keen Transformers collector back in the day, this all sounds quite fitting. It's perhaps the 'Transformer style' qualities of the Dyson vacuums that endears a 'big kid' fascination of the vacs for me and for others.

This message was modified Jun 16, 2009 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #576   Jun 16, 2009 7:19 pm
Hi M00seUK:

Careful with the choice of your words, some may interpret them to mean that dyson vacuums have a toy-like appeal.   WRT dyson's Airblade I read recently that dyson secured contracts in 2008 with two major US vendors:  The LA Dodgers' Stadium and Carl Jr. restaurants in California.  Now may be the time to divest the hand dryers from the vacuums to the highest bidder.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #577   Jun 21, 2009 11:39 am
M00seUK wrote:
Dyson DC25 to feature in this summer's Transformers movie

Dyson's product placement in TV programmes such as Friends and CSI has often felt tedious at times, but there's no doubt in my mind that it's been very effective at raising the profile of the vacuum cleaner brand since the DC07 launch on the US market. I even noticed the Dyson Airblade in the new Star Trek movie recently; a number of units can be seen in the background of scenes in the sick bay.

It's rumoured that the DC25 will feature in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which is out this Friday.

http://www.t3.com/news/dyson-dc25-transforms-into-robot-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen?=39131

As I kid of the 80s myself and a keen Transformers collector back in the day, this all sounds quite fitting. It's perhaps the 'Transformer style' qualities of the Dyson vacuums that endears a 'big kid' fascination of the vacs for me and for others.

The Dyson DC25 (or DC24) is indeed in the latest Transformers television trailer (and movie).  The trailer only showed 1-2 seconds of a DC25/24 “transforming” (it transformed very fast).

Like MooseUK said (and I’ve read online too), the Dyson Airblade is in the new Star Trek movie.  My guess is...  the producers asked and Sir James said yes to them using his products.  Perhaps MORE FREE publicity and exposure for Dyson.  Hmmm, do tired vacuums get much free exposure, press and television interviews?  Although I think Oreck received some free television press back in 1972.  And Miele?...  forget about it, the [U.S.] masses never heard of em. 

DIB
This message was modified Jun 21, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #578   Jun 21, 2009 2:10 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The Dyson DC25 (or DC24) is indeed in the latest Transformers television trailer (and movie).  The trailer only showed 1-2 seconds of a DC25/24 “transforming” (it transformed very fast).

Like MooseUK said (and I’ve read online too), the Dyson Airblade is in the new Star Trek movie.  My guess is...  the producers asked and Sir James said yes to them using his products.  Perhaps MORE FREE publicity and exposure for Dyson.  Hmmm, do tired vacuums get much free exposure, press and television interviews?  Although I think Oreck received some free television press back in 1972.  And Miele?...  forget about it, the [U.S.] masses never heard of em. 

DIB

I was recently watching a movie on TV shot in Europe, the UK.  A meeting was arranged in front of a vacuum store: An authorized MIELE dealer with a huge store front exclusively MIELE.  Somebody is buying the ONE MILLION new MIELES shipped from the German factory every year including last year in a global recession.  Certainly not the vacuum cleaner hoi polloi but the comfortable, striving and rich are purchasing MIELE's.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 21, 2009 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #579   Jun 21, 2009 2:31 pm

The Star Trek Dyson Airblade scene is very subtle. I'd imagine Dyson were approached for a product placement, but it wouldn't have been for a huge amount of money; if you weren't already familiar with the AirBlade, it would pass you by on screen. More kudos that they can reference in their literature that they’re 'light years' ahead of the competition or something.

Although I haven't seen the DC25 in the Transformers movie, it does sound like it would have been a more expensive commercial arrangement. I'm sure the producers thought a Dyson would be perfect for the role, but there’s no reason why they should feature the machine for free if Dyson would be willing to pay. For Dyson, it would be great publicity; the movie would be screened in a lot of their main markets, including Japan, where Transformers originated.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #580   Jun 21, 2009 7:09 pm
M00seUK wrote:

The Star Trek Dyson Airblade scene is very subtle. I'd imagine Dyson were approached for a product placement, but it wouldn't have been for a huge amount of money; if you weren't already familiar with the AirBlade, it would pass you by on screen. More kudos that they can reference in their literature that they’re 'light years' ahead of the competition or something.

Although I haven't seen the DC25 in the Transformers movie, it does sound like it would have been a more expensive commercial arrangement. I'm sure the producers thought a Dyson would be perfect for the role, but there’s no reason why they should feature the machine for free if Dyson would be willing to pay. For Dyson, it would be great publicity; the movie would be screened in a lot of their main markets, including Japan, where Transformers originated.

There is no better fit for a transforming vacuum cleaner than Dyson's... styling and Ball technologies.  Regardless who paid whom, both sides should benefit equally.

DIB 
This message was modified Jun 22, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #581   Jul 13, 2009 1:27 pm
K Mart culls dyson products from its store shelves.  Only available on line [at least for now.]

To verify the news I stopped at a huge K Mart store in LV.  Aisles of vacuums of all makes models and floorcare products but conspicuously absent is dyson and everything dyson [no filters, product lit, notta].  When I inquired, I was told the dyson brand is only sold online now.  Why?  Make shelf room for the vacuum brands and models that are movers.  Dyson wasn't.  It's been off the shelves for 2 weeks already and the store staff tells me there is no interest/question from customers yet except me.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=dyson+vacuums&x=20&y=9

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 13, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #582   Jul 13, 2009 4:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
K Mart culls dyson products from its store shelves.  Only available on line [at least for now.]

To verify the news I stopped at a huge K Mart store in LV.  Aisles of vacuums of all makes models and floorcare products but conspicuously absent is dyson and everything dyson [no filters, product lit, notta].  When I inquired, I was told the dyson brand is only sold online now.  Why?  Make shelf room for the vacuum brands and models that are movers.  Dyson wasn't.  It's been off the shelves for 2 weeks already and the store staff tells me there is no interest/question from customers yet except me.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=dyson+vacuums&x=20&y=9

Carmine D.

Hello carmine

i do believe ill run out and see whats at my local kmart.....not been in a year so should ''feel'' new to me...but wally really put a hearting on

this KMART. i stopped by an appliance store in the next town over yesterday..looking thru the window..gone too are all the dysons except the hand vac.

and one can from dyson...guess this dyson diet is a wave being rode by many...so it would seem.

This message was modified Jul 13, 2009 by retardturtle1
Venson

Reply #583   Jul 13, 2009 4:52 pm
Hi Carmine,

Do you recall the general price range of the vacuums K-Mart did have on the shelves?

Thanks,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #584   Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Do you recall the general price range of the vacuums K-Mart did have on the shelves?

Thanks,

Venson

Hello Venson:

Yes, I scoped the vacuum aisles out very quickly and my general impression is that the prices ranged from $50 to $250 with a predominance of them in the $150-$175: EUREKA, SEARS/KENMORE, HOOVER, BISSELL etc. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 575 - 584 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42