Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC11 is Back!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson DC11 is Back!
Original Message   Jun 13, 2009 9:43 am
Did anyone notice that the DC11 is back on some of the Dyson websites... Here's one that I thought was gone forever...
Replies: 12 - 21 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC11 is Back!
Reply #12   Jun 16, 2009 6:08 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You were also the first (and likely only) to post that several Hoovers would be the demise of Dyson.  I was the first to tell you that you were wrong.  I was right.

Hi HS:

In case you missed it, I have ONE ally which I strategically predicted here in January 2009 would agree with me: Consumer Reports.  HOOVER received 7 of the top 20 upright winners per CR, including spots 1, 3, 5, 8, 15, 18 and 20.   Your favorite brand got 13 and 19.  That's a death/funeral knell.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #13   Jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi HS:

In case you missed it, I have ONE ally which I strategically predicted here in January 2009 would agree with me: Consumer Reports.  HOOVER received 7 of the top 20 upright winners per CR, including spots 1, 3, 5, 8, 15, 18 and 20.   Your favorite brand got 13 and 19.  That's a death/funeral knell.

Carmine D.

I hear the wind blowing again.
CarmineD

Reply #14   Jun 16, 2009 7:05 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I hear the wind blowing again.

Must be the Holy Spirit coming to welcome home your favorite vacuum brand!  

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #15   Jun 17, 2009 8:01 am
Sorry guys I MUST concur here. Its simply not enough to rely on statistics, believing ALL the hype that consumer reports do = after all Im sure some of you have vacuums that have been slated in the past and yet they give you sterling service. Granted, some statistics are worth relying on but they don't create a whole picture. &lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;I'll give you an example; on here (and I can't remember whether it was a review or not) someone mentioned that the Sebo Felix gave poor carpet performance. Not in my home! If I go over the whole carpet with the Felix and then a bagless vacuum with no dirt in the bin, hardly any other dirt comes to the surface which the cyclonic system produces. This isn't a lab test but purely one that's done by me. <BR><BR>Similarly I got a surprise when I did the same testing with a claimed "best performance" Panasonic bagged upright and the bagless test- the cyclonic vac produced a lot more dirt after the Panasonic had gone over the same carpet.

Here's a good video with a Dyson in it!

http://fwd.five.tv/videos/jon-tests-vacuum-cleaners
This message was modified Jun 17, 2009 by vacmanuk
HARDSELL

Reply #16   Jun 17, 2009 8:26 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Sorry guys I MUST concur here. Its simply not enough to rely on statistics, believing ALL the hype that consumer reports do = after all Im sure some of you have vacuums that have been slated in the past and yet they give you sterling service. Granted, some statistics are worth relying on but they don't create a whole picture. &lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;I'll give you an example; on here (and I can't remember whether it was a review or not) someone mentioned that the Sebo Felix gave poor carpet performance. Not in my home! If I go over the whole carpet with the Felix and then a bagless vacuum with no dirt in the bin, hardly any other dirt comes to the surface which the cyclonic system produces. This isn't a lab test but purely one that's done by me. <BR><BR>Similarly I got a surprise when I did the same testing with a claimed "best performance" Panasonic bagged upright and the bagless test- the cyclonic vac produced a lot more dirt after the Panasonic had gone over the same carpet.

I had your same experience.  I brought several vacuums home to demo before making the final purchase.  One was a highly rated Kenmore and one was an Oreck XL21 (there were others).  When I used the DC07 I was amazed at the dirt that all the others failed to remove.  I had been using them daily for a few weeks so they had the opportunity to clean the carpet before the Dyson arrived. 
CarmineD

Reply #17   Jun 17, 2009 9:00 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I had your same experience.  I brought several vacuums home to demo before making the final purchase.  One was a highly rated Kenmore and one was an Oreck XL21 (there were others).  When I used the DC07 I was amazed at the dirt that all the others failed to remove.  I had been using them daily for a few weeks so they had the opportunity to clean the carpet before the Dyson arrived. 

And pray tell what did you eventually do with your DC07 that you are so fond of bragging about here?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #18   Jun 17, 2009 9:04 am
vacmanuk wrote:

Hi vacmanuk:

If I recall correctly, SEBO's felix was not given a poor rating for rug performance by Consumer Reports.  But I'd have to verify and confirm with certainty. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #19   Jun 17, 2009 9:14 am
I once put together a compact c5 with a electrolux p/n 5 and did my own demo on  a 9x12 carpet, using basic junk yard parts,adapted my filterqueen dust scope to the machine hose end, put in the black demo filters and it blew way every vacuum i own. So anyone want to opine about what caused this revelation was it the compact or the p/n 5.

I must say you guys are getting warmer.

Hey venson please set these guys strait..........

regards

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #20   Jun 17, 2009 10:52 am
CarmineD wrote:
And pray tell what did you eventually do with your DC07 that you are so fond of bragging about here?

Carmine D.

Sold it.  Did not have to give it away like your brands.  Why do you use Oreck as opposed to Hoover that you bragged about so many years?
CarmineD

Reply #21   Jun 17, 2009 12:37 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
When I used the DC07 I was amazed at the dirt that all the others failed to remove.  I had been using them daily for a few weeks so they had the opportunity to clean the carpet before the Dyson arrived. 
HARDSELL wrote:
Sold it.  Did not have to give it away like your brands. 

Hi HARDSELL:

You were gifted a repack/refurb dyson DC07 for hawking dysons here [the relevant words of your post are highlighted].  After less than 2 years you sold the free DC07 since it didn't have a warranty, among other reasons.  Much to the chagrin of the DC07 donor who no longer posts here.  What did you do with the DC07 proceeds?  You bought a new Royal Emminence bagged upright.  Not even a new dyson.  Why?  Actions HS speak louder than words. 

Yes, I gift away some my vacuums after I use them.   On occasions I even buy more of the brands and models I particularly like and think others will too and gift the new ones away.  I gift to persons/places who may need vacuums and will appreciate them.  Not for them to resell, like you do.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 17, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 12 - 21 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42