Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC11 is Back!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson DC11 is Back!
Original Message   Jun 13, 2009 9:43 am
Did anyone notice that the DC11 is back on some of the Dyson websites... Here's one that I thought was gone forever...
Replies: 87 - 96 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Dyson DC11 is Back!
Reply #87   Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am

mole wrote:

Airwatts, cfm x waterlift divide by 8,5

My F,A,S,T, intake throttle body has 1100 airwatts, it doesnt clean very well though.

H.S. all the numbers can be manipulated,all depends how they want to market the product,

In the central vacuum industry any thing over 400 airwatts is considered powerful ,its just a # game............

regards

MOLE
when you use  that formula , say on a 750 w lamb motor with 112cfm and 63 in w/l it comes to abt 830 aw....yet there chart says 190aw...what gives
mole

Reply #88   Jun 21, 2009 12:37 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
when you use  that formula , say on a 750 w lamb motor with 112cfm and 63 in w/l it comes to abt 830 aw....yet there chart says 190aw...what gives

Hi turtle,your getting very quizy about the #, the formula the rest of the story goes like this,cfm x W/L divide  by 8.5 take that # and divide that by the fan case opening most are 2'', now your at the right #,still means nothing in real life applications,

Do you really think a Z06 corvette puts 505 h.p. to the ground?Its just a  engine dyno number thats never achived in real life. The lamb/ametec electric motors are rated the same way, strip the fans off the motor throw a 240 volt charge into it and blow it up,but the motor made 4 hp, do you see the game yet?

Do you realize that the most overlooked piece on the vacuum are the attachments............

regards

MOLE

mole

Reply #89   Jun 21, 2009 1:26 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Would it be legal to put one of those 6500 rpm Oreck motors in the exhaust to help the flow?

H.S. you know something now i think you could be on to something here,An sts turbo set up looks a lot like an oreck fan, how do you think it would handle the methonal shot?. I'm still trying to tune in my 2 stage nitrous system into my dyson dc14,

My ls1 motor could be used as a starter motor for your HEMI.

retardturtle1

Reply #90   Jun 21, 2009 3:29 pm
mole wrote:
Hi turtle,your getting very quizy about the #, the formula the rest of the story goes like this,cfm x W/L divide  by 8.5 take that # and divide that by the fan case opening most are 2'', now your at the right #,still means nothing in real life applications,

Do you really think a Z06 corvette puts 505 h.p. to the ground?Its just a  engine dyno number thats never achived in real life. The lamb/ametec electric motors are rated the same way, strip the fans off the motor throw a 240 volt charge into it and blow it up,but the motor made 4 hp, do you see the game yet?

Do you realize that the most overlooked piece on the vacuum are the attachments............

regards

MOLE

thanks mole

just like to know how they come up with the numbers they do...where xactly they came from.. why  something was designed the way it was and how if possible can it be improved on.....a what if.....thing. im a way long way from what you guys know and have seen....and admire and respect that.  i learn something everyday on here...i have a question i ask....from those who know...[id rather not ASSUME]  ..but ive always believed that a true reading is at the brushroll chamber. and am aware of the loss of engine power thru the driveline....i do love cars..and working on them, as i do all my own maint. on my  TRAILBLAZER SS......a tru beast....altho not a Z06..HEMI....she can hold her own.

Trilobite

Reply #91   Jun 22, 2009 2:04 pm
Venson wrote:
This is once again a case of, "If you dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS."

Even machines with the best suction lose something in the translation by the time you get airflowing at the hose end or floor nozzle. Body seals may not always be tight enough, hose connections may also allow for leakage and even friction may diminish suction. (One of the reasons that household vacuums never usually have overly long hoses.) Badly designed wands and attachment locking mechanisms may also attribute to the same.

Not many manufacturer are up to the challenge of honsetly stating what suction measure as at the motor's air inlet and the final percentage of a hundred percent that finally arrives on the floor or at the end of your hose.

If we had vacuums that could deliver a close percentage of hte motors actual draw, we could again use machines that use less power

Venson

Quite.

I think I read somewhere that vacuum cleaners in Europe are the next range of appliances to get energy efficiency labels by law. Witness Bosch and Electrolux:

Bosch BSG71266GB

Filtration:

HEPA filter

Self-sealing hygiene dust bags

Tools:

Adjustable floor tool for carpets and hard floors

On-board tools: crevice nozzle, upholstery nozzle

and dusting brush

Other features:

Compressor motor

*1200W with performance of similar 2400W cleaner        

Electrolux Enviro Vac bagged or bagless uprights are lightweight and easy to manoeuvre and easy on energy consumption. Picks up 20% more than compettitve models whilst using up to 30% less energy, saving you money and also the environment.

This message was modified Jun 22, 2009 by Trilobite
Venson

Reply #92   Jun 22, 2009 2:56 pm
Hi Trilobite,

Eureka, now owned by Electrolux is putting out an Envirovac series as well. Link follows.

http://www.eureka.com/index.php?option=com_family&view=family&from=mainmenu&task=getproductsbyfamily&familyid=4&categoryid=1

Best,

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #93   Jun 25, 2009 1:57 am
mole wrote:
I once put together a compact c5 with a electrolux p/n 5 and did my own demo on  a 9x12 carpet, using basic junk yard parts,adapted my filterqueen dust scope to the machine hose end, put in the black demo filters and it blew way every vacuum i own. So anyone want to opine about what caused this revelation was it the compact or the p/n 5.

I must say you guys are getting warmer.

Hey venson please set these guys strait..........

regards

MOLE

Mole,

Like I keep saying/posting here, at its core the great majority of bagged vacuums are made with off the shelf parts and designs....  you just demonstrated this.  If anyone can assemble a vacuum made with junk parts and get it to work as good or better than many of “todays” (bagged) vacuums...  Is it any wonder Maytag dropped Hoover?  IMO, Maytag like many other manufacturers believed there were no more “big” and exclusive innovations left in the tired vacuum cleaner.  Dyson exploited this belief.

DIB
This message was modified Jun 25, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #94   Jun 25, 2009 7:27 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Mole,

Like I keep saying/posting here, at its core the great majority of bagged vacuums are made with off the shelf parts and designs....  you just demonstrated this.  If anyone can assemble a vacuum made with junk parts and get it to work as good or better than many of “todays” (bagged) vacuums...  Is it any wonder Maytag dropped Hoover?  IMO, Maytag like many other manufacturers believed there were no more “big” and exclusive innovations left in the tired vacuum cleaner.  Dyson exploited this belief.

DIB

DIB:

All product oriented industries, not just vacuums, have companies that lead with innovations which over time become less expensive to make and sell.  Off the shelf purchases, as you say.  This phenomenon is good for consumers allowing affordable prices for all.  Probably the best examples of this in recent years are cell phones and computers and more ago color TV's. 

Second, MAYTAG's management did not understand the vacuum industry.  It's focus for 75 years before HOOVER was laundry equipment.   The huge success of many HOOVER products kept MAYTAG profitable even with soaring laundry equipment product costs [for metals and shipping] with little MAYTAG management oversight of vacuums.  The best example of MAYTAG's disregard for HOOVER and vacuums is epitomized by the HOOVER WT switch problem.  MAYTAG's failure to inform the CPSC timely about the HOOVER WT switch problem cost MAYTAG/HOOVER $750,000.  That was one of the heftiest fines ever paid by a company to the CSPC.   Especially in light of the fact that the switch defects resulted in no consumer injuries and/or property damage other than the vacuums.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #95   Jun 25, 2009 7:33 am
WRT to dyson's exploitation of the vacuum indutry, I would say it caters only to bagless vacuums and consumers so inclined. Whereas, HOOVER/TTI is a full floorcare product line for home and commercial applications.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #96   Jun 25, 2009 7:25 pm
HOOVER TTI is exploiting the latest 2009 Consumer Reports ratings and ranks fro vacuums by including this on its web site:

Free Shipping on our Top Rated Uprights

This magazine sells alot of HOOVER vacuums at the big box retail stores. 
Carmine D.
Replies: 87 - 96 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42