Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Panasonic Optiflow Series Upright with Tri-force motor

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Panasonic Optiflow Series Upright with Tri-force motor
Original Message   Jun 8, 2009 7:43 pm
Hello Venson, retardturtle1:

You posted and cited a link for the pano Opti-Flow series uprights and canisters.  A component of these bypass motor vacuums is the signature tpano tri-force motor.   For old-timers, like me, this motor resembles the fan design in the Lux 30's, which you mentioned too Venson.  The 32 percent more air flow circulating throughout these panosonic units, including the bag and motor cavities, is attributed in large part to the tri-force motor as well as the design and operation of bag in the bag cavity.  Enjoy.

Carmine D.

Panasonic TriForce

Panasonic TriForce Motor Photo and Description

Descriptions of TriForce Motor Stages

The Panasonic TriForce Motor is only available in some upright models in a special subset of the Panasonic Performance Plus series. It develops about 1/3 more suction compared to the current 1-fan models described on Panasonic Authorized Dealer websites.

Panasonic is playing a game of "Hide and Seek" with their policy of not selling the models in this special subset to dealers who promote them on the web. Since these models are quite popular in our stores we choose to not include them on our website. However, they are shown and described briefly on Panasonic's website. See their Panasonic MC-UG773 upright, Panasonic MC-UG589 upright and Panasonic MC-UG585 upright. Also in this special series is the deluxe Panasonic MC-V9658 canister with power nozzle. Since the Triforce motor is an upright motor, the canister has a different motor which is still quite powerful.
The MC-V5200 Series has been discontinued, being replaced by the MC-UG580 series. To learn more about these special vacuums, please send an e-mail to us or call toll free at 800-413-2778 to discuss them and their availability.

PageBrand: pan
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Panasonic Optiflow Series Upright with Tri-force motor
Reply #1   Jun 9, 2009 12:26 am
HI CARMINE                         thank you for your kind words from the other post...i really dont get alot of time at the shop.....on the days i work everybody is gone...off for their 3 day weekend..im paid hourly ...no comm. on anything i sell and thats the way i like it....so when you come in ill adress your needs...show you what we have,what features they offer, and keep it in or near your price range...no pressure....but servicing the vacs is what i love doing most...........as 4 PANASONIC....the triforce is one of my favorites...[riccars 8925 2 stage is 2nd] what im curious about is ,does or would a side  intake provide any increase in performance  [more air avail. to motor] over the current and traditional under the bag intake .....riccars rad is the first  i saw the side intake used...been curious about the advantages.
CarmineD

Re: Panasonic Optiflow Series Upright with Tri-force motor
Reply #2   Jun 9, 2009 6:48 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE                         thank you for your kind words from the other post...i really dont get alot of time at the shop.....on the days i work everybody is gone...off for their 3 day weekend..im paid hourly ...no comm. on anything i sell and thats the way i like it....so when you come in ill adress your needs...show you what we have,what features they offer, and keep it in or near your price range...no pressure....but servicing the vacs is what i love doing most...........as 4 PANASONIC....the triforce is one of my favorites...[riccars 8925 2 stage is 2nd] what im curious about is ,does or would a side  intake provide any increase in performance  [more air avail. to motor] over the current and traditional under the bag intake .....riccars rad is the first  i saw the side intake used...been curious about the advantages.

Hi Retardturtle1:

All things being equal, the side mount filter/motor air intake has no inherent advantages over the traditional motor air intake below the bag cavity.  In fact, the design may even diminish the amount of air drawn into the motor cavity for motor cooling.  The vacuum's overall air flow and circulation including the seal of all possible air leaks, is the key to a vacuum's peak performance for both suction and motor cooling [which equates to motor longevity].  

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42