Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Whatever happened to Tom Gasko Mr Dysonman?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Whatever happened to Tom Gasko Mr Dysonman?
Original Message   Jun 6, 2009 12:58 pm
Anyone know if he's still around selling the Dyson vacuums?

Chris
Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Whatever happened to Tom Gasko Mr Dysonman?
Reply #7   Jun 7, 2009 9:06 pm
Hi everyone,

I spoke to Tom recently and the new museum at Tacony is really going to be a showpiece for all vacuum cleaner collectors.  There are over 519 vacuum cleaners on display from 1910 through the 1990s.  The museum is divided into separate sections or "rooms" for each decade; i.e. 50's room, 60's room, etc.  In addition to the vacuums, there will be framed advertisements highlighting the many different brands on display, and a complete library of instruction manuals as well as brochures.  It will be open to the public and they will be giving free tours to anyone who wants to view the machines.  According to Tom the museum is interactive; if someone wants to run a machine from the display they can (with supervision of course!).  I understand it will be opening in July with billboards along the highway advertising it.  It sounds like a lot of fun and I plan on visiting myself this September.

-MH
Venson

Reply #8   Jun 7, 2009 9:35 pm
Fantastic! Thanks MH.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #9   Jun 8, 2009 1:32 pm
Venson wrote:
Fantastic! Thanks MH.

Venson

It does my heart and soul good to know Tacony [RICCAR/Simplicity] is preserving and exhibiting vacuum cleaner history from 1910 to 1990's through models and pictures.  

Carmine D.

Mister_Bojack

Reply #10   Jun 17, 2009 2:49 pm
Well, it's good to know that Tom G. is moving ever onward and upward away the drama and nonsense of a certain vacuum collectors club. He's probably the most knowledgeable person I ever encountered, and a good person to know.
This message was modified Jun 17, 2009 by Mister_Bojack
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #11   Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm
Is there a web site for this new museum?  Is there anything else to do in St James, MO?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #12   Jun 17, 2009 6:08 pm
Severus wrote:
Is there a web site for this new museum?  Is there anything else to do in St James, MO?

Hi Severus,

The press release I found was updated June 7th. Construction is still going on but a July 1st opening is hoped for.

I took the extra step and called Tacony in ST. Jmaes directly. I was given to understand that its sales department is handling the museum/factory store. I've already placed a call to her and am waiting for a response, but if anyone wants to keep tabs on this further, I was informed that the person to speak with is a Ms. Joy Petty. The number is 636-349-3000. Just ask for her when you get reception.

Best,

Venson
Motorhead

Reply #13   Jun 27, 2009 7:04 pm
Hi Venson,

The marketing director, Joy Petty, is one of two overseeing the museum, the other being the President, John Kaido. 

Tacony will hosting a company-sponsored gathering for vacuum collectors at the Museum and Factory in St. James, Missouri on September 10, 11, and 12th of this year (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday).  The weekend gathering will be open to any vacuum collector or enthusiast who wishes to attend (yes, that means you too, Carmine!).  Accomodations can be found at the Days Inn of St. James.  The Museum will not be limited to "looking", either; all 500+ cleaners in the Museum will be completely operational and ready for those interested to try out at a moment's notice (with assistance from the Curator, Tom Gasko, of course!).  If you're thinking about going, I strongly urge you to attend and see the first ever private Vacuum Cleaner Museum in the United States.  This will be an event you will not want to miss, and distance-wise, well worth the trip. 

-MH
CarmineD

Reply #14   Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Hi Venson,

The marketing director, Joy Petty, is one of two overseeing the museum, the other being the President, John Kaido. 

Tacony will hosting a company-sponsored gathering for vacuum collectors at the Museum and Factory in St. James, Missouri on September 10, 11, and 12th of this year (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday).  The weekend gathering will be open to any vacuum collector or enthusiast who wishes to attend (yes, that means you too, Carmine!).  Accomodations can be found at the Days Inn of St. James.  The Museum will not be limited to "looking", either; all 500+ cleaners in the Museum will be completely operational and ready for those interested to try out at a moment's notice (with assistance from the Curator, Tom Gasko, of course!).  If you're thinking about going, I strongly urge you to attend and see the first ever private Vacuum Cleaner Museum in the United States.  This will be an event you will not want to miss, and distance-wise, well worth the trip. 

-MH

Happy to hear that you did not put all your eggs in the dyson only basket.  I told you years ago sooner or later SIMPLICITY would give you another shot. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #15   Jun 27, 2009 7:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Happy to hear that you did not put all your eggs in the dyson only basket.  I told you years ago sooner or later SIMPLICITY would give you another shot. 

Carmine D.

At what?
Venson

Reply #16   Jun 28, 2009 12:28 am
<BR> Motorhead wrote:
Hi Venson,&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;The marketing director, Joy Petty, is one of two overseeing the museum, the other being the President, John Kaido.  &lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;Tacony will hosting a company-sponsored gathering for vacuum collectors at the Museum and Factory in St. James, Missouri on September 10, 11, and 12th of this year (Thursday, Friday, &amp;amp; Saturday).  The weekend gathering will be open to any vacuum collector or enthusiast who wishes to attend (yes, that means you too, Carmine!).  Accomodations can be found at the Days Inn of St. James.  The Museum will not be limited to &amp;quot;looking&amp;quot;, either; all 500+ cleaners in the Museum will be completely operational and ready for those interested to try out at a moment's notice (with assistance from the Curator, Tom Gasko, of course!).  If you're thinking about going, I strongly urge you to attend and see the first ever private Vacuum Cleaner Museum in the United States.  This will be an event you will not want to miss, and distance-wise, well worth the trip.  &lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;-MH<BR>

Hi MH,

Thanks so much for the heads-up regarding the opening dates.

Lord willin' and if the creek don't rise, I'm going to gas up the car and see if I can make it there. It sounds like a stupendous event.

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Jun 28, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42