Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Robotic Canister Vacuum patent...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Robotic Canister Vacuum patent...
Original Message   Jun 2, 2009 1:45 pm
Patent application drawings illustrate a robotic canister...

http://www.patentstorm.us/applications/20090133720/fulltext.html
This message was modified Jun 2, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Looks like an Outside Inventor licensed or sold his Robotic Canister Vacuum patent to PHILIPS ELECTRONICS.
Reply #1   Jun 2, 2009 1:46 pm
Dyson have been inventing one for years though. I recall reading something about a Dyson robotic vac in 2005.
DysonInventsBig

Re: Robotic Canister Vacuum patent...
Reply #2   Jun 2, 2009 1:54 pm
I've seen plenty of self-contained/all in one vacuum robots.  Never a canister though...  1)  w/ roaming nozzle 2)  w/ flexible suction conduit.        DIB
This message was modified Jun 2, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Re: Looks like an Outside Inventor licensed or sold his Robotic Canister Vacuum patent to PHILIPS ELECTRONICS.
Reply #3   Jun 3, 2009 7:15 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Dyson have been inventing one for years though. I recall reading something about a Dyson robotic vac in 2005.

iRobot has the lock on the market for vacuum robotics in the USA and its gotten better since October 2002 when it first launched.  Originally in the bomb robotics, and still, they got the bright idea of adapting to home/household use for vacuuming.  It was a winner.  In 2005, iRobotics, a private company that had lost money for 14 straight years, after making profits with the robotic vacuum sales went public.  The stock price despite the hard hit markets and economies has held its own through all the downs.  Timing is everything. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42