Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 489 - 498 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #489   May 28, 2009 3:01 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
The question was about Hoover.  Not Dyson.  No doubt you can't answer this one. 

Wrong HS.  Your question is a logical contradiction.  You don't comprehed my answer.  You don't buy companies that go belly up.  It's called bankruptcy: Liabilities exceed assets.  The court appoints a liquidator and the sales of the company's assets go to pay down the debts and payoff the creditors.  Usally pennies on the dollar.  In other words, the company is not an ongoing business concern any longer: It's out of business.  i.e. Circuit City, Linens-N-Things.

You're confused again.  Dyson is headed towards bankruptcy.  It's signatures models are extinct:  DC07, DC11, DC14, DC 16, DC18, DC20, DC22, AirBlade, wheel ball barrel, rotating washer, etc.  Poorly selling products lead to huge sales and discounts, huge sales and discounts lead to yearly operating losses;  and yearly operating losses lead eventually to bankruptcy.  

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #490   May 28, 2009 4:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Wrong HS.  Your question is a logical contradiction.  You don't comprehed my answer.  You don't buy companies that go belly up.  It's called bankruptcy: Liabilities exceed assets.  The court appoints a liquidator and the sales of the company's assets go to pay down the debts and payoff the creditors.  Usally pennies on the dollar.  In other words, the company is not an ongoing business concern any longer: It's out of business.  i.e. Circuit City, Linens-N-Things.

You're confused again.  Dyson is headed towards bankruptcy.  It's signatures models are extinct:  DC07, DC11, DC14, DC 16, DC18, DC20, DC22, AirBlade, wheel ball barrel, rotating washer, etc.  Poorly selling products lead to huge sales and discounts, huge sales and discounts lead to yearly operating losses;  and yearly operating losses lead eventually to bankruptcy.  

Carmine D.

I simply asked why did Hoover go belly up.  That had nothing to do with WB or why you buy companies.

I am not confused like you.  Again, you can't answer my question.

Thanks for all the laughs. but I have wasted enough time with your twisting.

CarmineD

Reply #491   May 28, 2009 4:56 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I simply asked why did Hoover go belly up.  That had nothing to do with WB or why you buy companies.

I am not confused like you.  Again, you can't answer my question.

Thanks for all the laughs. but I have wasted enough time with your twisting.

Not only are you wrong HARDSELL but you don't get that you are wrong.  You are brainwashed by the same silly propaganda that your favorite company spews to the press and its employees. 

Belly up is dead and gone.  Your question is based on a false, untrue, and non-existent premise.  There is no correct answer to a factually incorrect question.  HOOVER is alive and well and having record annual floorcare sales.  

On the other hand, and more correctly based on fact, your favorite company is bellying up!  It MUST restructure itself as a niche vacuum company.  If it doesn't, and soon, like many of dyson's products, it will be extinct.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #492   May 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Still wrong HS.  Don't compare HOOVER to your favorite brand as an excuse for dyson's shortcomings.  Dyson is solely owned and operated by Sir James.  He's at fault fof the problems with too many models that confuse the consumers.  The fault was never HOOVER it was MAYTAG management.   Despite the priority that MAYTAG always gave to its homegrown washers and driers, at the expense of vacuums, HOOVER held its own.  HOOVER's models and brand name triumph over many others over the years and still.  HOOVER, even under MAYTAG's poor tutelage, consistently beat out your favorite brand in the Consumer Reports ranks and ratings.  And HOOVER still does beat your brand in performance and sales. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

HOOVER is a mainstream seller.  Always has been.  It's understandable to have a full and complete product line.  Dyson is a niche vacuum which can't sell to mainstream America thru big box stores in bad economic times.  Dyson lost market share in 2007 and 2008 to all the brands that it competes with in the big box stores.   Same for 2009, dyson sales are tanking in all the major retailers so far this year.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I know that you know... you do not have an answer and cannot support your Dyson vacuum line-up “is confusing” and other opinions aka cheap shots.  Dyson has the only 2 rolly-polly (@ Dyson.com) iconic Ball steerables on the planet and in history and you’re confused or project others are confused.  Where exactly does your yours of this projected confusion lye?

DIB

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #493   May 29, 2009 2:57 pm
(Wrong HS.  Your question is a logical contradiction.  You don't comprehed my answer.  You don't buy companies that go belly up.  It's called bankruptcy: Liabilities exceed assets.  The court appoints a liquidator and the sales of the company's assets go to pay down the debts and payoff the creditors.  Usally pennies on the dollar.  In other words, the company is not an ongoing business concern any longer: It's out of business.  i.e. Circuit City, Linens-N-Things. You're confused again.  Dyson is headed towards bankruptcy.  It's signatures models are extinct:  DC07, DC11, DC14, DC 16, DC18, DC20, DC22, AirBlade, wheel ball barrel, rotating washer, etc.  Poorly selling products lead to huge sales and discounts, huge sales and discounts lead to yearly operating losses;  and yearly operating losses lead eventually to bankruptcy. Carmine D.)

- Carmine, I'm certainly confused as to your definition of the word 'extinct'. In the sense you're using it, I would take it to mean that the products you list were abject failures and have been discontinued because of their poor sales performance. But the DC07's only just been phased out after an 8 year production run. The DC14's still in production, as are the DC16, DC20, DC22 and Airblade. The washer was certainly a disaster by anyone's standards, but did you know a revamped version is coming to the US market? Not to mention several other innovative kitchen/household appliances?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article6211410.ece

~ Model2 ~

This message was modified May 29, 2009 by Model2

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
CarmineD

Reply #494   May 29, 2009 4:02 pm
Hello Model2:

With height adjustments added as the latest feature on dyson's DC28 upright, it admits that its floating nozzle head is a farce.  I posted on two previous occasions that all the previous dyson models w/o height adjustments are NOW obsolete by dyson's own standards.  The prices for these obsolete models, as they become discontinued, will drop drastically by big box retialers.  Obsolescense breeds and leads to sales extinction.  

It took dyson 7 years, much too long, in the US to add height adjustments to uprights.  At least 8 different upright models sold in the USA w/o the height adjustments over the last 8 years and still [DC07, 14, 15, 17, 18, 24, 25, 27] are now on the path to extinction.  Discontinuation leads to huge discounts, which leads to losses, and losses year over year, leads to bellying up. 

Dyson MUST reconfigure itself as a niche vacuum brand, down size, retrench, and sell off unrelated products.  Else, like its models w/o adjustments, in concert with its many product flops, it will be extinct. 

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #495   May 29, 2009 4:49 pm
I noticed the patent for the Dyson kitchen top appliances recently. They sound a great white goods concept, if they ever made it to production.

A kitchen appliance with a basic function as a toaster can be brought at a very inexpensive price if style isn't a big issue. The only real way to add value is with limited enhanced functions like LED countdown timer + set programs. Branding + styling is another area, as demonstrated with Siemen's Porsche-designed kettle ($160 USD)... but, well we all should be familiar with Sir James' opinion of style over substance.

Thinking about real world examples of kitchens for friends and family the Dyson application here make a lot of sense. Frequently, there are more main plugs than sockets, so a common power supply would be a good improvement. In some inner-city areas, the demand on new builds is so high that they're typically specing three apartments where there would have previously been two, making kitchen space even more of a premium. Expresso coffee machines have become very popular in recent years, but can take up a great deal of valuable space.

Other Dyson patents in recent months describe a coffee machine in a reduced form factor (due to arrangement of the grinder (digital?) motor, in a cube shape with a retractable nozzle. Another filing details a juicer which is smaller than usual and is more efficient in operation.

What would be advantageous from a marketing point of view, is that a small, inexpensive 'starter' cube would be an ideal gift item, while providing a great opportunity to sell further appliance cubes to the recipient as time goes by. Say a person receives a 'kettle cube' as a gift, if they begin to appreciate its benefits, there would be great temptation to add a 'toaster cube' to it, to reclaim another power-point and the worktop space. Clearly, they'd be paying a slight premium for the added convenience aspect, yet the 'toaster cube' needn't cost much more to manufacture than one of those budget toasters - which represents a really attractive business prospect.

I'm surprised to hear that the Dyson washing machine might well get another launch in the near future. James Dyson admitted in an interview recently that while the basic premise was sound, they were incredibly arrogant in what they though people would pay for it and the huge costs involved with becoming established in this established market. Both points they overcame with the vacuum cleaners, but the false confidence was to cost them dear... at least to date.
Model2

Reply #496   May 29, 2009 4:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Model2:

With height adjustments added as the latest feature on dyson's DC28 upright, it admits that its floating nozzle head is a farce.  I posted on two previous occasions that all the previous dyson models w/o height adjustments are NOW obsolete by dyson's own standards.  The prices for these obsolete models, as they become discontinued, will drop drastically by big box retialers.  Obsolescense breeds and leads to sales extinction.  

It took dyson 7 years, much too long, in the US to add height adjustments to uprights.  At least 8 different upright models sold in the USA w/o the height adjustments over the last 8 years and still [DC07, 14, 15, 17, 18, 24, 25, 27] are now on the path to extinction.  Discontinuation leads to huge discounts, which leads to losses, and losses year over year, leads to bellying up. 

Dyson MUST reconfigure itself as a niche vacuum brand, down size, retrench, and sell off unrelated products.  Else, like its models w/o adjustments, in concert with its many product flops, it will be extinct. 

Carmine D.

I don't understand why you feel that a multi-tier mainstream upright line-up - the premium-priced DC28 with height adjustment, the DC14 (which is being superceded by the 27 anyway)/17/27 without height adjustment, and the DC24/25 with the Ball - can't co-exist?

- DC14: Entry-level basic wheeled upright, to be superceded by the DC27

- DC27: Basic wheeled upright

- DC17: Mid-ranged wheeled upright model with core-separator

- DC28: Premium-priced upright model with height adjustment

- DC24: Compact steerable

- DC25: Full-sized steerable

I don't understand why this upright range means that Dyson need to kill off their more basic models, or risk extinction? If you want to see a complicated upright line-up, go to http://www.hoover.co.uk/ and look at the number of uprights they offer: The Slalom and the Freedom are the flagship models, but look at the mess of 'Dustmanagers', and the baffling array of different features, cyclonic systems (all awful,btw!), wattages (although they use the same motor in all of them, rated at 2200w. The ones which says '1700w' etc are simply mis-represented to make the model appear more basic)...

Please understand, I'm not trying to sound hostile or argumentative, I just want to understand your reasoning.

~ Model2 ~  

CarmineD

Reply #497   May 29, 2009 6:08 pm
Hi again Model2:

As I said to HS, he and others here are brainwashed by dyson propaganda.  As I said too, you can't compare HOOVER USA to dyson USA.  Probably true for the UK.  HOOVER is a mainstream floorcare product seller.  It's understandable that it has a mature, full, and complete product line for all manner of household and commercial vacuums and floorcare products.  Dyson is a niche vacuum seller.  It's efforts toward wanna be mainstream are futile and laughable.  Dyson is high priced bagless only, period.  End of the story. 

Carmine D.

Model2

Reply #498   May 29, 2009 6:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi again Model2:

As I said to HS, he and others here are brainwashed by dyson propaganda.  As I said too, you can't compare HOOVER USA to dyson USA.  Probably true for the UK.  HOOVER is a mainstream floorcare product seller.  It's understandable that it has a mature, full, and complete product line for all manner of household and commercial vacuums and floorcare products.  Dyson is a niche vacuum seller.  It's efforts toward wanna be mainstream are futile and laughable.  Dyson is high priced bagless only, period.  End of the story. 

Carmine D.

That doesn't exactly answer my question...forget the comparison with Hoover for a moment. And whether people are brainwashed or not is a matter of opinion, it has nothing to do with what I asked.

You speculate that your perception of Dyson's position within the US market is 'probably true for the UK'. To enlighten on this issue, you might be interested to hear that in unit sales, the current market leader is Vax (a TTI-owned company, of course!), followed by Dyson, followed by Hoover, Electrolux and Bissell, who fight for third place. Dyson are the number one brand in sales-value, the DC14 being their biggest-selling model. Dyson actually outsell Hoover here, despite Hoover offering seemingly-similar technology at a lower price. I can't say this more plainly: Dyson are every bit as mainstream as Hoover in the UK. To quote a friend who is a senior-level employee at one of the companies mentioned above - 'Our biggest obstacle is that people don't go into stores asking, 'which cleaner should I buy? They go in asking, 'which Dyson?'. This never becomes clearer in my street than on Saturday mornings, when all the neighbours are out on their driveways, cleaning their cars - almost every house has a Dyson. Sebo, Miele, Dyson...they're all priced roughly the same here, and generally under £300. A niche product here would be the TOL Miele S7, for £375,  the Oreck XL21, for £420, or the Kirby Sentria, for £1600+

If Dyson have become the mainstream benchmark in the UK, why shouldn't they do so in the US? A company facing financial ruin and extinction would not be pouring money into R&D for expansion into a new, more diverse product range, and yet I currently count seven non-vacuum cleaner appliances which Dyson are currently developing.

This message was modified May 30, 2009 by Model2

Replies: 489 - 498 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42